Stores with motorcycle apparel in Northern NJ? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 10:37 pm Thread Starter

Stores with motorcycle apparel in Northern NJ?

Hi, all: could you recommend any of your favorite places in northern NJ that carry a good selection of motorcycle clothing?

I'd like to add some textile suits to my mine and my wife's closets. Mailorder was partly successful, but sizing is an issue and I'd rather pay extra to be able to see what the stuff is and how it fits us.

Unfortunately, most places here don't go far past the standard bad-boy leather jacket and their selections are very limited in scope and sizes.

I've been to most usual suspects, like the Honda dealers in Wayne/Hanover/Sparta or BMW places in Philippsburg/Metuchen/Manhattan. Pretty sparse.

Went to the Trebour place in Ledgwood, a Rev-It dealer, but their showcase was a dog-eared Rev-It calatog - store-only copy. Another place in Lebanon, that carries Olympia, was a tad better, but no sizes for my wife. Needless to say, special orders are non-returnable...

Any pointers? Thanks in advance.

Robert in Northern NJ

'09 R12GS, '08 R12RT, '03 R1150RT, '01 F650GS - time to thin the herd?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jul 20th, 2007, 6:53 am

Robert, I'm not from NJ but have you tried http://www.newenough.com for the wife? I had the same problem trying to fit the wife, new enough has the girls in the office try on the apparel and size them by dress size on alot of their jackets. I just bought the wife a Cortech mesh jacket with windproof- waterproof liner and thermal liner, it came in plus sizes that the girls had translated to dress size to make the job easy and the wife loves it.

Wish they would all do that this S,M, L, XL is a pain in the butt, it might work for us guys but it sure does'nt for the girls.

Good luck on your search.

Pat Rourke
White Lake,MI.
2002 K1200 LTC, Champange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 20th, 2007, 7:34 am

More like central NJ, try Cross Country BMW in Metuchen.

'07 FLHTCU-POSE .......Black
'02 K1200LT-E ...........Titan Silver-Sold

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 20th, 2007, 7:57 am Thread Starter

Pat & John:

Thank you very much for your replies.

Yes, I did get some jackets from NewEnough - and if worked out fairly well. Pants are a bit more difficult: they have to fit well and that his hard to ascertain on a web site. And, you know, if it looks good, it's more likely to be worn... (Do these pants make me fat?) Gotta keep the pillion happy!

Luckily NewEnough (and Motorcycle Superstore) have reasonable return policies and I do not mind paying for shipment, but it is a bit counterproductive.

Thanks, also, for the mention of CrossCountry. I've been there, but now you reminded me that they have a big Honda dealership next door - I'll drive down there tonight.

Regards,

Robert in Northern NJ

'09 R12GS, '08 R12RT, '03 R1150RT, '01 F650GS - time to thin the herd?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in