Will there be a 2008 K1200LT? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 2:37 pm Thread Starter

Will there be a 2008 K1200LT?

I am a new member so this is my first forum question. I have a 2003 K1200LT that has developed a clutch seal leak at 20000 miles. What a bummer, one repair shop in town quoted me $1600 to replace and also do a new clutch kit. Along with normal service that is needed as well as a new set of tires, I'm looking at $2500 or more to be back on the road. I think I want to trade in for a 2007 or 2008 if they are going to make one. They are offering me $8500 for mine, even though that's low, if you add what I need to spend to fix it, that's about the going rate for a 2003. I could use as much advice as possible on buying a new K1200LT. There is so much talk on your forums about rear end problems that is scares me to think about buying another one. I just want to ride and not spend all my time changing oils and sending them to be analysed and such. Please HELP!
Thanks
BennyBeemer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 4:43 pm
Super Moderator

BMW hasn't announced discontinuing the LT, and they have a bunch of them in stock, so the chances are high they'll have them in 08. There are plenty of 07s around as well, and they'll be the exact wame back from what I've gathered. so the question gets back to whether you spend $2500 to get your 03 back up to snuff and keep riding it, or spend around $9000-11000 to get onto a brand new one with full warranty, etc.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 6:01 pm Thread Starter

2007 K1200lt

Just got back from a dealer here in Columbus, they had a storm gray metallic, didn't know if they could find a black one or not. I'm going to test drive it this week. They offered me around $8000 give or take and priced theirs at $22500 out the door. Difference of $15000. I wonder how much markup that is?
Thanks for the info

post #4 of 5 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 6:09 pm
Super Moderator

What all accessories does it come with for that price? That's not a bad number as long as it has some of the extras (alarm, power locks, heated stuff, etc.). NOt sure I would expect a VOICE II or GPS at that price, but maybe.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 6:16 pm Thread Starter

2007 k1200LT

Everything is pretty much standard right off the web site, ABS, it does have the GPS plug ready to go if you buy the unit. Has the audio plug for the helmets, All the heated stuff, power center stand etc. The only extra is the $100 tall windsheild which I like, and an extra plug for accessories by the passenger back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in