Just what our sleepy, leetle town needs! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 1:20 pm Thread Starter

Just what our sleepy, leetle town needs!

http://herald-zeitung.com/frontpage.lasso?-session=HeraldZeitung0754D961168b20092QkV243773C to view the article so's you can read it. Sigh.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 1:50 pm

good for the local economy....shitty for local residents.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #3 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 2:04 pm

That wont be to bad. Compared to 1/2 a MILLION at Bikeweek, and 1/4 Million at Biketoberfest in Daytona.

C'mon down to Florida, a 6,000 bike event here is pretty much commonplace every weekend, in just about every county....just not in the middle of summer.

I personally dont attend many, but the few that I do are always well organized, and well behaved. ( but I dont wear a pirate costume, so probably why I dont get invited that often).

Just a side note, Daytona BMW offers 2 for 1 prices on brand new Metzlers during the events, which is something to look forward to !

Nothing wrong with a good healthy gathering, I suggest informing city council that it would be a good idea to supply the local residents with a week long supply of good quality earplugs, 'cause they're gonna need 'em !!!

2000 K1200LT
1981 Honda CBX ( kind of for sale)

post #4 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 2:20 pm

Well, there goes the neighborhood.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

post #5 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 2:21 pm Thread Starter

I'm just thankful I live out in the country outside the city. Though, the route to Canyon Lake goes right by the street that spits you out of the subdivision.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #6 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 2:25 pm

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian
good for the local economy....shitty for local residents.

F
Yup... but what an opportunity to see tits and ass exposed

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #7 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 2:40 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
In New Braunsfels? Dood, it's a huge tourist place with two, cold, crystal clear rivers running thru it. Huge toobing enterprise. Our intelligent city council, in an attempt to quiet the rivers down have banned jello shots, beer bongs, you can't have bigger than a 16 quart cooler, one toob per person, the size of that toob is restricted and if you dare show a tit they arrest you. The other stuff is a huge ticket. Our ex-mayor went out on the river with a 48quart cooler to test the waters and got a $250 ticket. The uproar has been so huge that a city councilman, who surprisingly enough lives on the river, has been recalled and voted out.

And they're throwing a HOG party? Hypocrits.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #8 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 2:50 pm

Quote:
Uh, yeah, well most of them that show up I ain't interested in seeing!

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

post #9 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 4:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
In New Braunsfels? Dood, it's a huge tourist place with two, cold, crystal clear rivers running thru it. Huge toobing enterprise. Our intelligent city council, in an attempt to quiet the rivers down have banned jello shots, beer bongs, you can't have bigger than a 16 quart cooler, one toob per person, the size of that toob is restricted and if you dare show a tit they arrest you. The other stuff is a huge ticket. Our ex-mayor went out on the river with a 48quart cooler to test the waters and got a $250 ticket. The uproar has been so huge that a city councilman, who surprisingly enough lives on the river, has been recalled and voted out.

Ah, memories of floating down the Guadalupe river on innertubes trailing Igloo coolers like intercoastal barges. And if you got a real boat, Lake McQueeney for fishing. That was back in the 80's when I lived in TX. Sounds like either the river has gotten a lot more crowded since then or the powers that be more prudish.

I'd plan a trip somewheres else during that week if I were you.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
post #10 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 5:09 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:

Regardless of the rules, with 6,000 HOG members you can rest assured you will see some asses

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #11 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 7:01 pm

It's just been one inferiority complex fueled, HD bashing thread after another around here lately........

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #12 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 8:44 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
It's just been one inferiority complex fueled, HD bashing thread after another around here lately........
I love the bikes and am in awe of the marketing machine The Motor Company has become. If you don't agree that the general makeup of the current Harley rider population is a little more than obnoxious, I would suggest looking around. If you think that is bias on my part, you should spend time looking for locations for Curve Cowboy Reunion with me. I will assure you that the general consensus of every venue we have talked to is that the 'Harley crowd' tends to be obnoxious and destructive. Several only considered our group because we weren't that crowd. While most locations enjoy the economic impact of any large group, many don't relish the idea of hundreds of of Harley riders swarming into their towns. For some venues this obnoxious and destructive behavior is only a perception, but for many it is a historic fact. While it is terribly unfair to generalize and many of my riding buddies on Harleys are considerate and fine people, even they lament the fact that the bulk of current Harley riders seem self obsessed and obsessed with noise and speed.

While I also cringe at the brand bashing that goes on around here, I assure you that neither the OP of this thread nor I besmirch the brand, just the large number of infantile people that choose to ride them.

I can also assure you that I do not have any sort of inferiority complex, I am generally pretty secure. I don't feel superior to anyone because of the brand they ride, but I certainly feel superior to those who are genetically incapable of being considerate to other motorists, citizens or genders.

I welcome debate on this subject, because I would very much like to find out where I am wrong. It would benefit me greatly to be able to successfully argue to any future home of a motorcycle gathering the errors of their preconceived notions. For now my only option is to assure them that we are not a 'Harley group'. While it may be only a small portion of the crowd that causes the problems, the larger portion doesn't seem to get together to put a lid on it.

Oh, and if you got 6000 BMW riders together, you would see some asses there as well.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #13 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 10:26 pm Thread Starter

I don't have a problem with Harleys or their riders, I rode them for 27 years. I do have a problem with poseurs.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #14 of 23 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 10:48 pm
King of the Castle

Hey Grif does the city council limit the breast size on the river?

Bruce

2012 Kawasaki Concours
2014 BMW K1600 GTL Exclusive
2006 Harley Road Glide

post #15 of 23 Old Jul 14th, 2007, 9:02 am

Quote:
I love the bikes and am in awe of the marketing machine The Motor Company has become. If you don't agree that the general makeup of the current Harley rider population is a little more than obnoxious, I would suggest looking around.
OK. I looked around. In fact I go to gatherings all the time and I haven't noticed much more than the usual stuff whenever you get ANY group of people together. The MAJORITY of the riders are older, affluent professionals, out to have a good time.

Quote:
While I also cringe at the brand bashing that goes on around here, I assure you that neither the OP of this thread nor I besmirch the brand, just the large number of infantile people that choose to ride them.
Well, I'm glad that you are cringing - the entire time you make your comment.

Quote:
I can also assure you that I do not have any sort of inferiority complex, I am generally pretty secure. I don't feel superior to anyone because of the brand they ride, but I certainly feel superior to those who are genetically incapable of being considerate to other motorists, citizens or genders.
Oh, I see. You don't actually feel superior, unless of course they deserve it.....

Quote:
Oh, and if you got 6000 BMW riders together, you would see some asses there as well.
Well here's the one thing you said I agree with. I've gone to BMW gatherings (and good luck getting 6k beemers together in the first place, so maybe THAT is actually where the differences lie, and not in out "superior genetic makeup") and have seen guys ride like idiots all over the roads surrounding the "rally". The one advantage the beemers have is that they sound like sewing machines, so don't garner as much attention.

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #16 of 23 Old Jul 14th, 2007, 10:09 am

Quote:
and if you dare show a tit they arrest you.

Does this include "Man Boobs"?

Ron

735,834 miles on touring motorcycles since 1990

IBA 45658 MOA167437

2000 LTC 90,600 miles KIA (new)
2003 LTE 164,188 miles Silver (Purchased with 1687)
2008 R1200RT 176,196 miles (Purchased with 16458)
2017 R1200RT 84,612 miles (new)
Total BMW miles 497,451
1982 GL1100 rode 84108 miles (bought with 12012 sold 96120)
1988 GL1500 rode 12067 miles (bought with 19893 totaled 31960)
1989 GL1500 rode 142208 miles (bought with 20302 sold 162510)
Goldwing miles 238,383
post #17 of 23 Old Jul 14th, 2007, 11:17 am

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellenbenz
Does this include "Man Boobs"?

Ron
If it does... many of us are so screwed!!!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #18 of 23 Old Jul 14th, 2007, 11:21 am
Ted

Quote:
yeah, but it's usually T & A that should remain covered!

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #19 of 23 Old Jul 14th, 2007, 8:51 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanugo
Hey Grif does the city council limit the breast size on the river?
I'm glad you brought that up. Some of the local titty bars in San Antonio organized a "Boobs on Toobs" float. I've never seen a greater confluence of protestors and police. It was Sunday and I think instead of holding services, they protested.

Anyway, the gals and a whole butt load of guys, just floated the river. That's it. They contributed a purdy good chunk of change to a local charity.

Speaking of man tits, will you be joining us for the wet t-shirt contest at CCR?

-=grif=-

Grok
post #20 of 23 Old Jul 14th, 2007, 10:03 pm

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
yeah, but it's usually T & A that should remain covered!
It is just like everything else... you must take your pick!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #21 of 23 Old Jul 15th, 2007, 2:49 am

Yah, I feel for ya. Reno has it's Street Vibrations thing in Sept. I've seen it grow over the years. Ya jes gotta grit your teeth and bare with it. It's amazing how obnoxious people can get some times. I try to leave the area as much as possible. Problem is I live in the south of town and work in the north. And "they" are in between

1998 R1100RT
2000 YZF600R

:
post #22 of 23 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 10:51 am

Grif,

they did an NC HOG thing thru here last year and if you didn't really try ot find it, you couldn't tell they were here. No worse than any other weekend, really. I read about it coming in the paper and then after it came thru, but never really noticed them.

Maybe your experience will be similar.

We're getting more touristy every day, so HDs parked downtown are pretty commonplace. Other than the occasional noisemaker, usually local, it's not too bad.

Randy
post #23 of 23 Old Jul 21st, 2007, 5:26 am
THE Democracy Doctor

Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Quote:
So WHEN do we leave guys?!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in