Help kid's by cleaning shop - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old Jul 6th, 2007, 1:32 pm Thread Starter

Help kid's by cleaning shop

Do you have unwanted stuff in your garage, or even your house? It doesn't have to be motorcycle related to help some kiddo's in need.

CCR rapidly approaches and every year we support a Children's Charity. This year it's Camp David. They do weekly summer camps for kid's who's parent(s) are incarcerated. They offer counselling, solace and fun for these wounded little souls, on top of showing them a laid back camp atmosphere in the sticks.

Anything will help and if you want to help, please PM me and I'll send you the addy to ship your donation.

Your charitable contribution goes a long way and our members really open their hearts and their wallets at the Silent Auction we have at CCR.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old Jul 8th, 2007, 10:41 pm

Hey Grifster:

I would rather start this thread off with a $100.00 CASH contribution/challenge to my fellow LT'ers to make things easier. This is one of the most noble causes I can ever imagine.

C'mon guyz - if you bitch and moan all the time about what a miserable world we live in - and what you can do to make it better... "be the change you wish you to see." (Stolen from Ghandi)

This change starts right here at home in the good ol' USA.

Make it $20 - $50.... whatever you can afford - just do it. If you don't have the cash send something good that's just been sitting around gathering dust.... we've all got so much stuff. Don't forget to claim it as a tax deduction too - take pictures though, the IRS is now requiring solid backup.

This is a triple whammy!

1. The kids get a new perspective on life.
2. You get a warm fuzzy feeling.
3. You get a tax credit.

Don't let these kids turn into scoundrels like me and Grif!

Where can we Paypal?

"Like Butt-ahh!"

Last edited by RonKMiller; Jul 8th, 2007 at 10:56 pm.
post #3 of 22 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 4:39 am Thread Starter

Hey Ron, THANKS! The silence was so loud it was deafening.

These are small children who still have a chance to change their live's and pick the right path to become useful members of society. It's frightening to read in the papers that crimes are being committed every day by younger and younger folks. No role model. Camp David is filling in here http://www.campdavidozarks.org/ .

It is a faith based camp, those without affiliation to the religion, please look beyond that and look at the help it gives the kids (what's great is this camp was recommended to me by a person of the Jewish faith).

Paypal addy is [email protected]

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok

post #4 of 22 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 8:41 am

C'mon guyz.... a few bucks can make a BIG difference...

OR

Don't you have something that is brand new or gently used and just sitting around the garage/house gathering dust? For a few dollars shipping you can turn it into a message of hope.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #5 of 22 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 9:33 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
C'mon guyz.... a few bucks can make a BIG difference...

OR

Don't you have something that is brand new or gently used and just sitting around the garage/house gathering dust? For a few dollars shipping you can turn it into a message of hope.
Grif knows I'm shipping a beeg box to Jay and Gilda this week. Some goodies in it that will travel well on the bike trip home, if you win any of 'em. Goes on the silent auction table as "Bids for Kids".

Hey, Ron - another thang that has been done in some of the past CCRs is the 50/50 ticket drawing for presentation at the banquet. For some (explainable!! ) reason, the first 50 goes to the charity and bygum, the winner(s) of the second 50 turned right around and donated that to the charity too!!! It wuz one of those "atta boy/girl" moments, and I've seen some of those charity folks flat let out a bawl, on stage. Grif did loan 'em his hanky once!!
post #6 of 22 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 8:14 pm

Ron, I don't care what David Adler might say about you, I think you're a great guy!

Jay Slomka
Johnson City, TN

Y2K LT Champagne Class Act

BMWMOA, AMA, IBA
post #7 of 22 Old Jul 10th, 2007, 8:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz9705
Ron, I don't care what David Adler might say about you, I think you're a great guy!
I made the donation in his name.

Imagine, a stock broker that can't read simple instructions - go figure!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #8 of 22 Old Jul 15th, 2007, 8:04 pm

Donation to The Kids/ Camp David

And I leave the web in the hands of WHO???? when I disappear to meet LTers at the BMWMOA Intl Rally. And when I come back, guess whose name is used in vain.

Well, Ron and Grif, you are right!!!! The kids are the most important. I match you, Ron, and how about you Grif? Come Jay, pony up to the bar!!!!!!

Will there be PAYPAL?????

BTW, what you have said about the winners of the 50/50 is correct ---- up to Beckenridge. NOw it is spotty about the winners redonating the $$$$$. As a member of the original CCR, I am proud of those who contribute to society ---- and BOY< the charitable contributions by CCR are tops.

Let's spread the work to those newbies who may not be aware of our tradition.

Thanks for highlighting the issue for my attention.

David Adler

NOw waiting for CCR.

David Adler
Aurora, IL

2000LT Canyon Red
CRBMWOA
BMWMOA
post #9 of 22 Old Jul 15th, 2007, 8:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadler
And I leave the web in the hands of WHO???? when I disappear to meet LTers at the BMWMOA Intl Rally. And when I come back, guess whose name is used in vain.

Well, Ron and Grif, you are right!!!! The kids are the most important. I match you, Ron, and how about you Grif? Come Jay, pony up to the bar!!!!!!

BTW, what you have said about the winners of the 50/50 is correct ---- up to Beckenridge. NOw it is spotty about the winners redonating the $$$$$. As a member of the original CCR, I am proud of those who contribute to society ---- and BOY< the charitable contributions by CCR are tops.

David Adler

NOw waiting for CCR.
Looks like I get to eat CROW!

David, you are obviously one awesome guy with a very big heart.... thanks for your donation.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #10 of 22 Old Jul 15th, 2007, 9:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadler

David Adler

NOw waiting for CCR.

David, I did pony up. I got you to cough

I spite of that, I'll get to Paypal right now!

Jay Slomka
Johnson City, TN

BMWMOA, AMA, IBA
post #11 of 22 Old Jul 15th, 2007, 9:56 pm

Quote:
David, I did pony up. I got you to cough

I spite of that, I'll get to Paypal right now!

So it was written, so it has been done!

How about the rest of the 13,000 members of this community?
I always think of us as special people.

Prove me right

Jay Slomka
Johnson City, TN

BMWMOA, AMA, IBA
post #12 of 22 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 5:00 am Thread Starter

Quote:
So it was written, so it has been done!

How about the rest of the 13,000 members of this community?
I always think of us as special people.

Prove me right
Alright, I always pony some merchandise, spare stuff that I find laying around. I donate it to the Silent Auction. But, I will rise to the occassion and donate $100 via Paypal.

Folks, look around you at all the suffering, especially from the small chidren.... in our own country. A small child is innocent and basically full of love. Given a chance, they will get the chance to remain innocent and full of love. I read stories about kid's 10 years old already embarking on a life of crime. Let's help them not do this.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #13 of 22 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 5:05 am Thread Starter

So it was written, so it is done. Next?

You have sent a payment! Secure Transaction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have sent $100.00 USD to [email protected]. An email has been sent to the recipient.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #14 of 22 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 8:32 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
So it was written, so it is done. Next?

You have sent a payment! Secure Transaction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have sent $100.00 USD to [email protected]. An email has been sent to the recipient.
Yes I have sent a $100.00 donation via PayPal
Who will be next?? come on it's easy and Tax Deductable

Stevie Shreeve
post #15 of 22 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 8:45 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
Yes I have sent a $100.00 donation via PayPal
Who will be next?? come on it's easy and Tax Deductable
NICE!

That's $500.00 so far! WHO will be next??

How about some more VENDORS??

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #16 of 22 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 9:20 am

WOW DAVE - that is so KEWL!!

Just like it says in your sig: ... Find your Soul

I figger with everyones' cash and goods contributions we're easily over $1K so FAR....

We've got 13,000 members? Where are they?

I think we need a goal of $100K.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #17 of 22 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 4:41 am Thread Starter

We're on a roll, it's a write off y'all.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #18 of 22 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 10:52 am

Quote:
We're on a roll, it's a write off y'all.

Just remember that the MASTER-AT-ARMS (recently promoted from Sgt-at Arms) will gladly provide a receipt for your GENEROUS DONATION, if requested.

I am sure you could also get one from the Treasurer, Jeff Mense, but it won't have Gilda's autograph

Jay Slomka
Johnson City, TN

BMWMOA, AMA, IBA
post #19 of 22 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 12:17 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Just remember that the MASTER-AT-ARMS (recently promoted from Sgt-at Arms) will gladly provide a receipt for your GENEROUS DONATION, if requested.

I am sure you could also get one from the Treasurer, Jeff Mense, but it won't have Gilda's autograph
Master at Arms is even better and a much deserved promotion with subsequent, uhhhh, pay rate?????!!!!

I'd much rather have her signature any day.

So, anybody else? The glove has soundly slapped the face. Will we let this die with a whimper?

-=grif=-

Grok
post #20 of 22 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 4:42 pm

Quote:
Master at Arms is even better and a much deserved promotion with subsequent, uhhhh, pay rate?????!!!!

I'd much rather have her signature any day.

So, anybody else? The glove has soundly slapped the face. Will we let this die with a whimper?
Ok lets see some mo money here people. Hell if a poor outa work truck driver like me can do it you can too !!!!!!

BTW slap me again Grif I like it

Stevie Shreeve
post #21 of 22 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:05 am

Just wanted to bump this back up to the top

Stevie Shreeve
post #22 of 22 Old Aug 5th, 2007, 2:11 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Don't let these kids turn into scoundrels like me and Grif!
Holy crap, Batman, that comment scared the $100 right outta me! Just sent my $100 via PayPal (Trx ID #7WD48438SM1614541).

C'mon everyone, we've got to all work together to make sure that this never, ever happens!

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in