BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Concours14 showing up in showrooms

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  wbbngb 
#1 ·
...in the states no less. Reports I hear are that the press are are now doing their rides and working on their reviews. The Concours Owners Group Industry Liason is with them and reports that the bike is what it is reported to be - fast and comfortable. Claims are that it will wheelie. It's heavy, but not as heavy as the old Concours, so they claim. So far the only color to show up is "SilverDammit". Priced at $13799 for ABS with a 3yr unlimited mileage warranty. The only options available are taller windshield, trunk, tank pad, TomTom mount (NOT the GPS), and paint protectors. No mention of cruise or any other creature comforts. It was originally reported that the computer would tell the rider if the keyless key fob was in the vicinity of the bike and if not, how far away it was. This not the case. It will only report that it cannot detect the fob. Reports also state that if you lose the fob, you must purchase the fob AND the matching ECU. The ABS is NOT linked. Reported fuel milaege with 400+ miles on the bike, doing 70 are 45mpg.

#2 ·
My local Kawi dealer told me three weeks ago they were hoping to have one for 'display' within a month...

#7 ·
Hmmm.......I was a bit disappointed by the specs.......when finally released. From them it appears the bike will be 140 lbs heavier than the ~550+lb ZX14 (wet)making it very near 700 lbs. HP rated at 155 or 35 fewer than the chain driven ZX14 (so it may well show a bit less at the tire) which typically dynos ~170+.....so it should be 130-135+rwhp.

700 lbs and 135 rwhp is great but not exactly revolutionary next to the FJR and GT both lighter and only a few ponies below that. I like the general styling but it seems a bit busy. GOTTA have cruise , period. Dont think I will EVER have another bike without it, especially a touring bike of any sort. Hopefully its smooth, ZX is supposedly (have not ridden one).

Price looks pretty nice (thought it would be pricier) and would like to see it in another color. Should be good competition. :bmw:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.