Any Victory Riders Out There? (Not Vision Related) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 10:16 pm Thread Starter

Cool Any Victory Riders Out There? (Not Vision Related)

Greetings All,

Been doing some 'window shopping' for a cruiser. (LT isn't going ANYWHERE) Got kind of interested in a Victory 'Hammer'. Went down to the local Polaris dealer and spoke to the sales guy, even got to throw a leg over an '06. No ride, just a tryon for size. Interesting to say the least. Have only seen photos before tonight. Motorcycle was stunning in person. As cruisers go, seems to have some fairly decent (dare I say this in a cruise post) performance features. Wet clutch, 6 speed, upside down forks, etc. No decision tonight and no real hurry either. Any of you have a Victory unit in your stable & care to share your experience? At any rate, I got a snazzy brochure from the dealer. Thanks and keep the rubber side down.

Bruce

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bruce

BMW MOA# 130127
IBA# 49203
MSF RiderCoach
USN (Retired)

'13 R1200GSA (Magma Red)

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 6:23 am

I'm not an owner myself (their styling just doesn't do it for me), but my coworker/riding buddy's best friend is their head of engineering. They've done their homework and seem to be really well built from what I've seen.

As for the styling, well it doesn't float my boat, but beauty's always in the eye of the beholder.

Lurch
'40 knucklehead chop
'00 LTC - Pacific Blue
--------------------------------
"As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way. - Jack Handy
post #3 of 15 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 3:47 pm

I have an '04 TC, touring cruiser, and it has been bullet proof. I just change the oil and ride. As cruisers go it is the only one I would own at this time. The engine is thoroughly modern with 4 valves per cylinder and overhead cams. The unit is unitized with the transmission in the same cases and no primary chains etc.

Check out the main Vic rider forum at thevmc.com

Andy

2008 R1200GS
2004 Victory TC

post #4 of 15 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 9:14 pm

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCVBeck
Greetings All,

Been doing some 'window shopping' for a cruiser. (LT isn't going ANYWHERE) Got kind of interested in a Victory 'Hammer'. Went down to the local Polaris dealer and spoke to the sales guy, even got to throw a leg over an '06. No ride, just a tryon for size. Interesting to say the least. Have only seen photos before tonight. Motorcycle was stunning in person. As cruisers go, seems to have some fairly decent (dare I say this in a cruise post) performance features. Wet clutch, 6 speed, upside down forks, etc. No decision tonight and no real hurry either. Any of you have a Victory unit in your stable & care to share your experience? At any rate, I got a snazzy brochure from the dealer. Thanks and keep the rubber side down.

Bruce
I have an 04 Victory Kingpin and I have nothing but good things to say about their product. The bike is absolutely bullet-proof which is something you will hear from many Victory riders. Your wont ever be sorry if you buy one. The biggest weakness they have is the dealer network which is a work in progress.

Plan on having to remove the tank to clean the throttle bodies every 8 - 10k to maintain peak performance. The rear brake pads tend to wear out prematurely at around 5k - just replace them with EBC's and you need to make sure the clutch cable is lubed. Other than that - you just need to change the oil and enjoy the ride

BTW - The Vision will be a success. These guys know what they are doing.

Last edited by slingblade; Jun 27th, 2007 at 9:19 pm.
post #5 of 15 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 9:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade

BTW - The Vision will be a success. These guys know what they are doing.
based on....what?

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #6 of 15 Old Jun 28th, 2007, 5:04 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian
based on....what?

F

Early reviews of those who have riden the bike who claim its handling and performance charactersitics are very impressive AND the brief but impressive track record of the company. Other than the issues they had with some of the early transmissions they have been first rate.

It will be reasonably priced in the low $20's which seems about right.

The styling of the Vision is not for everyone - folks seem to love it or hate it but it will draw from LT/GW riders as well as HD riders.
post #7 of 15 Old Jun 29th, 2007, 6:40 pm Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply. Pretty much backs up my gut feeling IRT Victory motorcycles. Ride safe.

Bruce

Bruce

BMW MOA# 130127
IBA# 49203
MSF RiderCoach
USN (Retired)

'13 R1200GSA (Magma Red)

post #8 of 15 Old Jun 30th, 2007, 9:13 pm

Talking

Give the Triumph Rocket III a look. I was in the same boat and was looking for a Vic to add to the stable and ended up with the Rocket. I picked it up this past Sunday and manged to get 475 miles on it as of today...would have had much more mileage had it not been for work and the "hunny-do" list. My 500 mile break in service is scheduled for Tuesday so I guess the LT will get some seat time this week after all.
post #9 of 15 Old Jul 1st, 2007, 11:26 am

polaris

owned an early vc92. company would not stand behind it. a friend had a four wheeler. company would not stand behind it. also heard the same thing about a polaris boat.
post #10 of 15 Old Jul 1st, 2007, 11:47 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Omurphy, sounds like a bummer. Hope you've had better luck with your current scoot.

Bruce

Bruce

BMW MOA# 130127
IBA# 49203
MSF RiderCoach
USN (Retired)

'13 R1200GSA (Magma Red)

post #11 of 15 Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 5:27 am

Don't have any direct experience. But, I tend to err on the side of caution. From all the things I have heard about support, warranty, reliability, I would stay away from them.

Plenty of Vs out there. I think 20K is a bit high for a cruiser. I would check out the Stars myself.

Just my .02...
post #12 of 15 Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 5:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rglassma
Don't have any direct experience. But, I tend to err on the side of caution. From all the things I have heard about support, warranty, reliability, I would stay away from them.

Plenty of Vs out there. I think 20K is a bit high for a cruiser. I would check out the Stars myself.

Just my .02...
Pay no attention to the JD Power results and/or the comments from current Vic owners on this forum.

'whatever' Phil 4:8

post #13 of 15 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 8:04 am

I own a 2004 custom Kingpin ...

105 hp 120ftlbs of 151 mph on the Dyno bulletproof goodness. (Figures with my latest custom intake and a couple other tweeks) And holy schmolly does she rocket to 151 fast and could do more if not for the rev limiter.

Early bikes had some issues .... later models have proven to be absolutely bullet proof even when "tweeked" considerably.
post #14 of 15 Old Aug 5th, 2007, 7:05 pm

04' TCD, love it, wife rides it when we go places together...simple machines. Cant wait to test the Vision.

pssssst, love my L/T also...shhh

Mark
03' BMW LTE
04' Victory T/C (she thinks its hers

BMWMOA #131781
post #15 of 15 Old Aug 6th, 2007, 9:23 am

Petre, that is a really nice looking bike man!
LOVE IT!

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in