Black Hills Rally - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 5:29 pm Thread Starter

Black Hills Rally

Anyone else going? Seriously considering it - haven't committed, yet...

http://www.blackhillsbmw.com/

Tate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 5:51 pm

I was looking at that too.....

We were going to try and make the BH Rally, but the dates don't work into our schedule. We are going to be in the area on July 2, but then south through your neck of the woods.

The rally looks good and I wish we were going, but we have friends meeting us in Santa Fe, NM for 4th of July fireworks.

'10 1200 GSA -- Banana!!
'06 CRF450X -- Just trouble
BMWMOA #132301

post #3 of 14 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 6:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotter
Anyone else going? Seriously considering it - haven't committed, yet...

http://www.blackhillsbmw.com/
I am going to shoot for the 7th and 8th, but like you haven't committed.

I will be out of town on business Thursday / Friday so it depends on just how late my return flight is on Friday.

I do love the Black Hills...16a is one if my favorites.

2005 Graphite
The only way to live is in the wind....

post #4 of 14 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 7:16 pm Thread Starter

Bit the bullet - we'll be there. Looks to be - at the very least - a great ride!

michman - am I read'n that right? While me an my better half are up in the Black Hills, you'll be passing through Casper? ::sigh:: timing is everything.

1mavin - hope ya make it! I'll be on the 'maroon' LT.
Like it'll be the only one in town!
We'll have to find a way to hook up.
Look for the slightly over weight guy with glasses, shaved head and a full beard, likley standing next a good look'n lady

Tate

post #5 of 14 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 10:24 pm

We're just missing it. Going to be in Rapid City July, 2,3,4

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #6 of 14 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 5:15 am

Zotter - Not sure when you are going to be in the Hills, but I am presuming during the 7th and 8th? I am traveling with 2 other black LT's and we will be slipping between Casper and Cheyenne on July 3rd.... we don't really have a set route.

'10 1200 GSA -- Banana!!
'06 CRF450X -- Just trouble
BMWMOA #132301

post #7 of 14 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 11:07 am
Lifetime Supporter

I'm thinking about it. Current temps in Phoenix of 115 don't make me too excited about the ride out of town though.

Motor On ,/'

post #8 of 14 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 1:05 pm Thread Starter

3 July - I'll be here in Casper. I'll PM ya a cell number. When you all get closer, holler. See if you all have time and can hook up for lunch, coffee, cold water, drive through a sprinkler or a pit stop.

We just did a 'Tech Fest' here weekend a'for last. So if anyone's need'n some en route tweek'n we can hit that too.

Just have to deal with the work schedule.

Tate

post #9 of 14 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 1:08 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkersh1
I'm thinking about it. Current temps in Phoenix of 115 don't make me too excited about the ride out of town though.
OUCH!
Good news is you'd be headed North. Faster the better, go for altitude. Forcast highs near Spearfish in the high 80s to low 90s

Tate

post #10 of 14 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 3:29 pm

See you soon!

For info on the Black Hills BMW Stampede, please see http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24607

See you in about a week!

Black Hills BMW Stampede
Six Shooters BMW Posse #336

post #11 of 14 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 11:23 pm Thread Starter

Never did see this aterveen_1487 dude. I'd have hoped that after that aggressive an advertising speal, he'd at least have said 'Hi'.

But did meet up with some other cool folks! (Hi Duane!).

Saw a nice, new Blue LT - never met the rider though. My bad.

Good time. HOT! After lunch on Saturday in Custer State Park, BC thermometer peaked at 113f. My 2002 never skipped a beat though - took it all in stride.

However, the homecoming was less than steller. Seems sometime Friday evening, the upstairs toilet fill valve had some kinda stroke. Input easily exceded drain capacity and the tank over flowed. For 2 days. Long story short? We've lots of carpet ripped out, ceilings pulled down. Gobs of books ruined, etc, etc.

But still - had a great time in SD!! The run through Custer was great. My wife loved it!! Followed Doug on his (??). He was a great run leader. Challenged me but didn't push. Learned a bit and my YL has MUCH more confidence in not only my piloting skills, but the abilities of an LT as well. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Biggest comments? Why oh why on earth is MOA holding their national rally next year in Gillette Wyoming? I mean they don't even have trees there!! Talk about a hot, dusty time. Lots of skepticism.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc03527.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	581.0 KB
ID:	13038   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc03528.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	544.1 KB
ID:	13039   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc03529.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	593.6 KB
ID:	13040   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc03531.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	582.0 KB
ID:	13041   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc03535.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	572.2 KB
ID:	13042  

Tate

post #12 of 14 Old Jul 10th, 2007, 8:07 am

Talking Thanks

I am glad that you had a good time and hope to see you next year. Sorry I didn't meet you, I was the guy doing registration, bike line-up for main st show-n-shine, and handing out/announcing the prizes. aterveen_1487 stands for Aaron Terveen, I am one of the 3 guys that organized the whole thing. Hope to see you next year and thanks for the pics...they look great! Take care!

Aaron

Black Hills BMW Stampede

post #13 of 14 Old Jul 10th, 2007, 1:26 pm Thread Starter

AH!! OK, we did say 'HI' then - just didn't recognize ya as such. At the milk can feed Sat eve, I was about 45 degrees off to your left from the stage. Camo boonie cap, fat gut and longish beard. Maroon, '02 LT. Got more pics - I'll get 'em up on my gallery server and share 'em later.

Kinda dealing with lilly pads and frogs at the minute . But we have identified the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not a train. This time.

Tate

post #14 of 14 Old Jul 10th, 2007, 1:45 pm

Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotter
AH!! OK, we did say 'HI' then - just didn't recognize ya as such. At the milk can feed Sat eve, I was about 45 degrees off to your left from the stage. Camo boonie cap, fat gut and longish beard. Maroon, '02 LT. Got more pics - I'll get 'em up on my gallery server and share 'em later.

Kinda dealing with lilly pads and frogs at the minute . But we have identified the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not a train. This time.
If you got more pics that would be great! Looking forward to seeing them, as well as you next year! Take care and let me know the link when you get them up. Have a great week!

Black Hills BMW Stampede

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in