What does it do?
Originally Posted by 2002redrider
Pardone my ignorance, but what is a GS-911?
GS-911 is a unique software and hardware combination that allows the BMW enthusiast the ability to communicate with the control modules in a safe and controlled manner. In the true spirit of adventure associated with these motorcycles, the tool is also available with a Bluetooth interface, allowing you to use it with most modern mobile phones... no need for anything else...
What models does it cover?
The GS-911 tool is designed specifically with the GS range of motorcycles in mind. This however inherently means that it also works on most other 1150, 1200 and C1 models. Currently it officially supports the following:
- R1200GS Adventure, R1200GS HP2, R1200GS
- R1150 Adventure (single and twin spark), R1150 (single and twin spark)
- F650GS/Dakar (single and twin spark) and F650CS
- C1 and C1-200
We have also recently added support for:
- R1200R, R1200RT, R1200S, R1200ST, R1200GS MegaMoto
- K1200GT, K1200R, K1200R Sport, K1200S
- K1200LT, K1200RS, K1200GT (non-CAN)
For the latest update, look at the FunctionChart on their web site.
What systems does it work on?
- Engine Controllers (BMSK, BMS-C, BMS-CII, MA2.4)
- ABS (ABSN, ABS3CAN, ABS-II pending...)
- Central Vehicle Electronics (ZFE)
- Instrument Cluster (Kombi)
What functionality do you have on these systems?
- Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes
- This shows the Fault codes and text descriptions of the faults stored on the Electronic Control Unit.
- Shows ECU information
- See hardware and software versions, manufacturing dates, and other manufacturer related data.
- Clears Diagnostic Trouble Codes
- Enables you to erase fault codes once the problem has been fixed.