Registry of GS-911 owners - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 124 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 10:35 am Thread Starter

Registry of GS-911 owners

While talking to CCCpastorJack about his brake issues, it was obvious how a GS-911 would help him. However, he doesn't own one and I live half way across the country from him.

I was thinking it would be nice to have a registry of GS-911 owners (and their locations) that would be willing to help other forum members out. A little help from the moderators in organizing this info into an easy to find/navigate list would also be nice.

If you own a GS-911 and are willing to help others, please add your name and location to this list. I will start with my own name. Hopefully, others will add theirs.

Name Location
==========================
Dean_BWM Shawnee, OK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 124 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 1:58 pm

[QUOTE=Dean_BMW]While talking to CCCpastorJack about his brake issues, it was obvious how a GS-911 would help him. However, he doesn't own one and I live half way across the country from him.

I was thinking it would be nice to have a registry of GS-911 owners (and their locations) that would be willing to help other forum members out. A little help from the moderators in organizing this info into an easy to find/navigate list would also be nice.

If you own a GS-911 and are willing to help others, please add your name and location to this list. I will start with my own name. Hopefully, others will add theirs.

Name Location
Dean_BWM Shawnee, OK
jeffklt Myrtle Beach SC

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 124 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 2:17 pm

Absolutely, I have one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #4 of 124 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 2:32 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd98056
Absolutely, I have one.
Good Deal.. added you to the list.

Name/Location
Dean_BWM Shawnee, OK
jeffklt Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056 Renton, WA
post #5 of 124 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 6:23 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

I have one also but the software does not "talk" to the ABS II system yet just the Integral. They are "in work" developing it for the next release (they have the button now but it is greyed out). Good idea for the registry.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #6 of 124 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 6:56 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler
I have one also but the software does not "talk" to the ABS II system yet just the Integral. They are "in work" developing it for the next release (they have the button now but it is greyed out). Good idea for the registry.
Great.... the list is growing a bit.

Name/Location

Dean_BWM Shawnee, OK
jeffklt Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056 Renton, WA
jzeiler Hazel Green, AL
post #7 of 124 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 9:37 pm Thread Starter

Surely there is more than 4 people in the entire US that own a GS-911 that would be willing to help.
post #8 of 124 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 9:59 pm

Gs-911

Pardone my ignorance, but what is a GS-911?
milwbeemer likes this.

Redrider
2000 K1200LT
2003 K1200RS

post #9 of 124 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 10:06 pm

Click here.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #10 of 124 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 10:52 pm

http://film.guardian.co.uk/quiz/ques...855242,00.html My Precious!

http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/so...veprecious.wav

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #11 of 124 Old Jun 28th, 2007, 12:36 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002redrider
Pardone my ignorance, but what is a GS-911?

What does it do?
GS-911 is a unique software and hardware combination that allows the BMW enthusiast the ability to communicate with the control modules in a safe and controlled manner. In the true spirit of adventure associated with these motorcycles, the tool is also available with a Bluetooth interface, allowing you to use it with most modern mobile phones... no need for anything else...

What models does it cover?
The GS-911 tool is designed specifically with the GS range of motorcycles in mind. This however inherently means that it also works on most other 1150, 1200 and C1 models. Currently it officially supports the following:
- R1200GS Adventure, R1200GS HP2, R1200GS
- R1150 Adventure (single and twin spark), R1150 (single and twin spark)
- F650GS/Dakar (single and twin spark) and F650CS
- C1 and C1-200

We have also recently added support for:
- R1200R, R1200RT, R1200S, R1200ST, R1200GS MegaMoto
- R1100S
- K1200GT, K1200R, K1200R Sport, K1200S
- K1200LT, K1200RS, K1200GT (non-CAN)

For the latest update, look at the FunctionChart on their web site.

What systems does it work on?
- Engine Controllers (BMSK, BMS-C, BMS-CII, MA2.4)
- ABS (ABSN, ABS3CAN, ABS-II pending...)
- Central Vehicle Electronics (ZFE)
- Instrument Cluster (Kombi)

What functionality do you have on these systems?
- Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes
- This shows the Fault codes and text descriptions of the faults stored on the Electronic Control Unit.
- Shows ECU information
- See hardware and software versions, manufacturing dates, and other manufacturer related data.
- Clears Diagnostic Trouble Codes
- Enables you to erase fault codes once the problem has been fixed.
post #12 of 124 Old Jul 1st, 2007, 12:25 am

Add me soon.

I've got one on order!!

B

"Never enough garage space"

Actually live in San Diego. Can't figure out how to update it. Tried everything.

'14 Ducati Multistrada Gran Turismo
'14 Ducati 899 Panigale
post #13 of 124 Old Jul 1st, 2007, 2:54 am

Hi Dean,

you can add a couple of units in Finland as well, just in case one of you guys end up needing help in this corner of the globe.

Seriously, I currently collecting a group of Finnish BMW-riders who would be interested in this unit and I am wondering if there was a group purchase thing going on and if it still is valid.

I have written directly to the manufacturer in South Africa and I am expecting a reply after this weekend and I suppose they will know about the group purchase anyway.

Regards

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

Pictures of various farkle projects:

post #14 of 124 Old Jul 1st, 2007, 4:45 am Thread Starter

Ok.... here is the list I have so far....

Name/Location
Dean_BWM, Shawnee, OK
jeffklt, Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056, Renton, WA
jzeiler, Hazel Green, AL
Brainfry, Minneapolis MN
pozo_izquierdom, Hyvinkää, Finland
post #15 of 124 Old Jul 1st, 2007, 5:30 am

How hard are they to use, and how much do they cost?
post #16 of 124 Old Jul 11th, 2007, 9:36 pm Thread Starter

Ok... I am shamelessly bumping this thread because I believe that there surely must be more than 6 people out there that own a GS-911 that would be willing to help the community.
post #17 of 124 Old Jul 12th, 2007, 12:12 am

post #18 of 124 Old Jul 14th, 2007, 11:33 am

Dean is the only shipping option the $55 fedex ?

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #19 of 124 Old Jul 14th, 2007, 2:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLT
As near as I could tell, yes.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #20 of 124 Old Jul 14th, 2007, 6:22 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLT
Actually, you can arrange for any shipper you want to pick it up at their facility, but if they ship it... it will be 55 bucks.
post #21 of 124 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:40 pm Thread Starter

List Update

Updating the list.... here is the list I have so far....

Name/Location
Dean_BWM, Shawnee, OK
jeffklt, Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056, Renton, WA
jzeiler, Hazel Green, AL
Brainfry, Minneapolis MN
DaveDragon , Holiday FL
post #22 of 124 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:12 pm

oh....that! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog
WTF?
Howdy Dawg..
The point was that we've been waiting so long for a product like this... and now here we finally have it!!! In my little world of little humor It just seemed funny to quote "My Precious...." from "The Lord of the Rings" theme.. where a long desired material item became available.... and the POWER it unleashed..

ok, I was honest, it is my "little world..."

I apologize for driving you to "WTF?" which I guess means "We're Truly Friends"...

Here is the link to the excerpt:
http://moviesoundscentral.com/sounds...veprecious.wav
Peace...

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #23 of 124 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 4:48 pm Thread Starter

GS-911 (diagnostic tool) Owners Update

The forum users below have indicated that they would be willing to help BMW owners that need the diagnostic codes on their computer read or re-set. If you live near one of these persons, and you think you may have an issue they can help you with, send them a PM.

Name/Location
Dean_BMW, Shawnee, OK
jeffklt, Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056, Renton, WA
jzeiler, Hazel Green, AL
Brainfry, Minneapolis MN
DaveDragon, Holiday FL
deputy5211, Dallas, TX
post #24 of 124 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 5:11 pm

And some of us may even be willing to mail our units to friends in need for short-term loan. It's what we do around here.
OKUIII likes this.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #25 of 124 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 9:48 pm Thread Starter

Good News!

Good News for the BMW Community:
The good folks that manufacture the GS-911 have recently updated their software that runs on cell phones. This means that many GS-911 owners will probably be carrying their GS-911 diagnostic tool with them on their bikes. If your ever broke down, a GS-911 owner may pull right up to your bike and offer to read your computer out right there on the side of the road... how is that for being state of the art????

The forum users below have indicated that they would be willing to help BMW owners that need the diagnostic codes on their computer read or re-set. If you live near one of these persons, and you think you may have an issue they can help you with, send them a PM.

Name/Location
Dean_BMW, Shawnee, OK
jeffklt, Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056, Renton, WA
jzeiler, Hazel Green, AL
Brainfry, Minneapolis MN
DaveDragon, Holiday FL
deputy5211, Dallas, TX
post #26 of 124 Old Aug 10th, 2007, 11:06 pm

I've got the Bluetooth option in my GS-911 and the Blackberry application is installed in my BB Curve. GS-911 is in my saddlebag and the Blackberry is on my belt. If y'all need help, just wave down that blur on the highway headed your direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_BMW
Good News for the BMW Community:
The good folks that manufacture the GS-911 have recently updated their software that runs on cell phones. This means that many GS-911 owners will probably be carrying their GS-911 diagnostic tool with them on their bikes. If your ever broke down, a GS-911 owner may pull right up to your bike and offer to read your computer out right there on the side of the road... how is that for being state of the art????

Name/Location
Dean_BMW, Shawnee, OK
jeffklt, Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056, Renton, WA
jzeiler, Hazel Green, AL
Brainfry, Minneapolis MN
DaveDragon, Holiday FL
deputy5211, Dallas, TX

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #27 of 124 Old Sep 9th, 2007, 8:03 am Thread Starter

List Update

Name/Location
Dean_BMW, Shawnee, OK
jeffklt, Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056, Renton, WA
jzeiler, Hazel Green, AL
Brainfry, Minneapolis MN
DaveDragon, Holiday FL
deputy5211, Dallas, TX
grifscoots , New Braunfels, TX
post #28 of 124 Old Sep 9th, 2007, 11:33 am

New England

I have one also and would be willing to help those in New England area.

Brian Hubbard

2005 RT Dark Grey

Carpe Diem
post #29 of 124 Old Sep 9th, 2007, 7:11 pm Thread Starter

GS-911 Registry List Update

Name/Location
Dean_BMW, Shawnee, OK
jeffklt, Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056, Renton, WA
jzeiler, Hazel Green, AL
Brainfry, Minneapolis MN
DaveDragon, Holiday FL
deputy5211, Dallas, TX
grifscoots, New Braunfels, TX
bghubr, Simsbury, CT
post #30 of 124 Old Oct 1st, 2007, 10:03 pm

Got one here too if you need it.

Cleve, OH

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #31 of 124 Old Oct 1st, 2007, 10:35 pm
Super Moderator

Talking One in Cincinnati

Add another to the list from the town with no BMW dealer for two years in a row!!

Dan Finazzo

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted to get"
post #32 of 124 Old Oct 14th, 2007, 5:46 pm

Just purchased a bluetooth version...........way cool!
post #33 of 124 Old Nov 25th, 2007, 1:55 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainfry
I've got one on order!!

B
Hi Brainfry ... if you're willing, I would love to see what your GS-911 says about my ABS blinking lights if possible … what year LT do you have, and how is it working for you so far?

I'm thinking about buying the GS-911 for tech sessions, but I want to make sure it can do everything that I need it to first, and for that, the chance to use one first would be incredibly valuable

Are you available to scan and clear the ABS lights in my 2000 LT some time? ... it doesn't have to be any time soon ... if you're willing I can do it anytime your schedule permits

Thanks
Chris
post #34 of 124 Old Nov 25th, 2007, 6:19 am
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

I have one and I am located in Eastern PA.

This unit is now owned by Dick in Boerne, TX.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959

Last edited by Steve_R; Sep 8th, 2010 at 7:54 am. Reason: Per request of the original poster
post #35 of 124 Old Nov 25th, 2007, 9:42 am

Gs-911

I have ordered one. Not yet arrived.

post #36 of 124 Old Feb 25th, 2008, 5:40 pm Thread Starter

Re: Registry of GS-911 owners

This list is growing .... but has not been bumped in a while... any others out there that would like to add their name to the list?
post #37 of 124 Old Feb 25th, 2008, 6:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_BMW
While talking to CCCpastorJack about his brake issues, it was obvious how a GS-911 would help him. However, he doesn't own one and I live half way across the country from him.

Name Location
Dean_BWM Shawnee, OK
If you join BMWMOA you will get the anominous book that has all that and more in it. I don't go riding without it. There are thousands of name in there that are willing to help a fellow BMW biker out. Maybe they should have a selection for the GS-911.

Garry

Follow my South America ride at

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

Last edited by garry_kramer; Feb 25th, 2008 at 6:21 pm.
post #38 of 124 Old Feb 26th, 2008, 2:23 am

Garage

do I see a possible group buy here to increase the number of people on your list?
post #39 of 124 Old Feb 26th, 2008, 9:50 am

Hello all,does it work on the k1200lt? if not is there a unit that does work on a LT?

Mike
73's ka0mlh

post #40 of 124 Old Feb 26th, 2008, 8:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka0mlh
Hello all,does it work on the k1200lt? if not is there a unit that does work on a LT?
I use it on both my 05 LT and 07 GT.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #41 of 124 Old Jul 7th, 2008, 9:39 pm

I've got one as well. I got the one with bluetooth capability that links to my cell phone. I can thus easily take it to someone who needs it in the area of Kincardine, Ontario, Canada.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map-key.gif
Views:	140
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	18655  

2015 K1600GTL
1970 Plymouth Superbird 440-6bbl
1969 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback 340-auto
1969 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible, 6.1 L SRT8 Hemi transplant
post #42 of 124 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 9:56 am

I am currently beta testing the ABSII upgrade on my non bluetooth GS-911 and IT WORKS. This is for the abs system on the 99-01 LT's. Stephan indicates that it will probably be released within the next couple weeks.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #43 of 124 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 10:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffklt
I am currently beta testing the ABSII upgrade on my non bluetooth GS-911 and IT WORKS. This is for the abs system on the 99-01 LT's. Stephan indicates that it will probably be released within the next couple weeks.
Good news.

How will folks like me with an early KLT (2000) and a GS-911 get the upgrade I wonder?
post #44 of 124 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 10:51 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVT
Good news.

How will folks like me with an early KLT (2000) and a GS-911 get the upgrade I wonder?
I imagine we'll find a way, Curtis!!!!

Alright, alright - just kiddin'!! Good question on the upgrade tho. I watched Grif work with his GS-911 at the last tech session and thought - gee, everyone oughta have one of those. Paired right up with his laptop (or maybe it ran on hardwire) and told him what he needed to know in order to diagnose and solve an OS-2 situation. Good luck with getting your upgrade, Curtis.
post #45 of 124 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 11:38 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVT
Good news.

The beta will be publicly published to upgrade on your computer later today (per Steven). Until then, here ya go:

http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs...beta-807-3.exe

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #46 of 124 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 3:44 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Just a bump of the current list:

Name/Location
Dean_BMW, Shawnee, OK
jeffklt, Myrtle Beach SC
jwd98056, Renton, WA
jzeiler, Hazel Green, AL
Brainfry, Minneapolis MN
DaveDragon, Holiday FL
deputy5211, Dallas, TX
grifscoots, New Braunfels, TX
bghubr, Simsbury, CT

Realwing, Kincardine, ON, Canada
CharlieVT, Deep South of Vermont

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #47 of 124 Old Jul 8th, 2008, 3:58 pm

Our CSRA BMW Owners Association has one for club member use (if the member took part in the purchase) for free at any time for any BMW they own. Non participating members can use it on their BMW for $10.00 per use and non members can use it for $25.00 per use.

If someone in the Augusta, GA / Aiken, SC area needs the use of one, it is available for a fee (which is less than half the cost of the nearest dealer not even counting the time and cost to get there).

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
post #48 of 124 Old Jul 9th, 2008, 8:47 am

That's what I've been waiting for!

Alex H Lindsay
Melbourne, FL
Champagne 2001 LT
Space Coast BMW Riders
post #49 of 124 Old Jul 10th, 2008, 9:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
The beta will be publicly published to upgrade on your computer later today (per Steven). Until then, here ya go:

http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs...beta-807-3.exe
Got the download, Thanks!
post #50 of 124 Old Aug 10th, 2008, 10:10 am

I have a GS-911.
Fairfax, VA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in