A new addition, possibly - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 3:04 pm Thread Starter

A new addition, possibly

I'm thinking of adding a bike to keep my LT from getting lonely. I've liked the Harley Road Glide for a while, although I've never ridden one. I think I'm going to rent one this weekend and see how I like it. I'm not sure why I like it as much as I do, probably, because it's a little different from all the other Harley's. Kind of like the ugly duckling that nobody wanted. Anyway, do any of you who might have owned one or ridden one want to share your opinion of said scooter ? Mostly concerned with wind buffeting, heat and stability on the highway. Not too concerned with clearance and performance in the twisties as that's not what I'd use this bike for. If I don't end up with this bike, I've been following the Victory Vision since I first saw the concept drawings. I got a chance to see one live at Americade, and took a real liking to it. Maybe, I'm just drawn to ugly bikes. But, I'm hesitant to lay that kind of money out, this Fall, on a bike in it's first year of production. I'd be the only guy who buys one, only to have the dealer say after a few months, "Oh yeah, these new Visions.....yeah, the thing is, they don't really work. Sorry, maybe you should have waited 'till the second year of production. Then, maybe, we could have fixed the whole wheels falling off thing."

Roy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 5:43 pm
King of the Castle

I have an LT and an '06 road glide. I just completed a 1600 mile trip on the road glide. Mostly interstate driving and had no problem with wind buffeting or weather protection. The stereo and XM radio/Nav unit is great. I actually am more comfortable on the HD, my hips ache after a time on the LT. This is a little better since I lowered the footpegs. Of course the main problem with the HD is braking and overall handling especially in the twisties. I love both bikes even though they are very different. Now that I think about it I feel the same about my four children....very different....love them all. Hope this helps.

Bruce

2012 Kawasaki Concours
2014 BMW K1600 GTL Exclusive
2006 Harley Road Glide

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Jun 19th, 2007, 12:09 am

new motorcycle

I own an 05 LT and an 03 Road Glide. Bought the RG new and the LT used off this site.

I have ridden the RG to Fairbanks and Cabo from San Diego. Yellowstone and another trip to Colorado. Never one bit of trouble with it (30K+ miles) and I cannot say enough good about my experience with HD over the past 10 years or so, esp the RG.

That said, you cannot beat the LT for travel. Going to Colorado next week and will take the LT. But I will always keep the Road Glide or some model of HD.

Steve
05 LT
03 RG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in