Shoei multitec!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jun 6th, 2007, 4:47 pm Thread Starter

Shoei multitec!!

I gotta say, I am totally impressed with this new shoei I got for the SO.

I'm not a fan of flipup helmets, never had one....hell, took me years just to graduate to the one and only full face helmet I still wear, the aria corsair (which I like a LOT, for a full-face that is ).

The build quality, features, blather blather, and mostly....the SO likes it a LOT! (add several brownie points here)

Gave it a trial run for a couple hours in phoenix last wekend in 101 degs'...she didn't like that much but the light silver keeps things cool on top.

If your in the market ya'll might want to take a look.

Also...got a great price on it via the internet, better than I've seen in print anywhere, except for maybe the group purchase awhile back.

Oh....the shoei replaced the aria quantum we got her at a show about 4 yrs back in detroit, custom fitted on the spot. She was having some neck pain so we decided to give this one a try..you know the routine...hot coffee, better view of Arrrnold crossing the street, un-scheduled LEO visits, things to consider when looking at the flipups.

Give it a try as a last resort before you sign those divorce papers

adios....geo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Jun 6th, 2007, 5:36 pm

Geo ... Can you please share the Internet link to the disounted Shoei?

I agree that it is a great helmet, but the price is prohibitive. Especially in light of some very solid competition, such as the Nolan and HJC.
post #3 of 11 Old Jun 7th, 2007, 8:44 am

3 months w/the Multitec and I have nothing but praise for it. Excellent air flow, comfort level is excellent, fit/finish is top shelf.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL

post #4 of 11 Old Jun 7th, 2007, 9:02 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian
3 months w/the Multitec and I have nothing but praise for it. Excellent air flow, comfort level is excellent, fit/finish is top shelf.

F
How is the wind noise?
post #5 of 11 Old Jun 7th, 2007, 10:01 am Thread Starter

Harbor helmet in florida is where i got it...call em and order, I think you get a much better price...not sure if i can post what i paid here???

SO never used ear plugs with the quantum but she couldn't hear much due to the helmet design.

I think my motorcyclist mag a couple months ago, had a write up on all the flipup helmets. The shoei is by far the most expensive and also the only fiberglass shell. I always say you buy what you need for the mission (or what you can afford). The shoei is an excellent value in my opinion, if you need that much helmet.

I'll have to ask her to keep an ear on wind noise this wekend and give a report as well.

regards...geo
post #6 of 11 Old Jun 7th, 2007, 3:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldbikin
I'll have to ask her to keep an ear on wind noise this wekend and give a report as well.

regards...geo
Do so... I also am in the mood for a bucket change... The HJC I have, while nice, has a wind noise problem above 45MPH... Haven't heard from anyone if their experience in their bucket is better than the HJC.

cheers...

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 11 Old Jun 7th, 2007, 4:47 pm

Just bought on ebay

Bought a 2007 Multitec from Flyin Brians on ebay made an offer for $350 got it for $365 a great deal for us canuks who would pay over $500 up here.
post #8 of 11 Old Jun 8th, 2007, 8:39 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEhrler
How is the wind noise?

Much better than my Nolan 100E. Obviously not as nice as my Baehr closed face Silencer Helmets, but darn close.....best flip-up Ive owned.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #9 of 11 Old Jun 8th, 2007, 9:41 am

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalLT
Geo ... Can you please share the Internet link to the disounted Shoei?

I agree that it is a great helmet, but the price is prohibitive. Especially in light of some very solid competition, such as the Nolan and HJC.
A little while back Pete organized a group buy. See the thread http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18971
You may want to call and see if you can still get that price.
I did not buy one because it does not come with the built-in sun shield, which I truly love on my Justissimo (Caberg), but the price was very attractive.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #10 of 11 Old Jun 8th, 2007, 11:41 am Thread Starter

Add $11.25 to that group buy cost and thats what I got it for, shipped

At helmet harbor that is, with a call...
post #11 of 11 Old Jun 9th, 2007, 1:14 pm

More kudos for Shoei!

I have nothing but praise for the Multitec as well! I also own a Nolan Flip. The Nolan fit my head very well. But wind noise and buffeting was unacceptable (to me).

I was highly skeptical of claims made (by Shoei) of quieter experiences with a flip helmet. The Multitec has turned me into a believer! There is a substantial difference - in my experience - in wind noise between the Shoei and the Nolan. So much so that the price difference is well worth it. It makes for a much more pleasant highway riding experience.

Sure, I can raise my taller after-market windscreen on my 12RT so that no wind at all hits my head. But I like having my head out exposed in the wind (except for when it is cold out) because that increases airflow through the helmet vents to keep my nut cooler. Not to mention that I greatly prefer to look "over" the screen and not "through" it anyway.

With shipping, I paid $369 - Riderwearhouse E-Bay store. I also purchased the dark shield. Now that it is summer, the dark shield allows me to go without sunglasses and my range of vision, comfort of my head and lack of wind noise adds up to a terrific helmet experience. I hardly even notice that I have the lid on my head! I would be willing to pay a lot more because comfort (head, butt and hands) makes the difference between a pleasurable riding experience - regardless of the weather conditions and a torturous experience even in the best of weather conditions!!

Gus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in