Greeting from Spain - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 2:21 am Thread Starter

Greeting from Spain

Hi Riders!

I'm really glad having met you this night. In fact I was searching some information through the Internet and suddenly (I really don't know why) this nice site showed up.

Well, I have a question for you all:

Based in Spain actually we ride a 2005 1200 RT. We are thinking spending a few weeks (mayb 6) riding through USA next 2008. For that we would like to send our R, maybe to NY, then sending back to Spain (maybe from LA).

Do you know any company who does International Motorcycle transportation?

Thank you very much

Sergio

-------------------
Ws Altair

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 3:44 am

Hola Sergio,

welcome to the forum from the UK. Check out this site - loads of links on shippinng your bike round the world...

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tripplan/transport/

• 2005 LT - 17 countries, 2 CONTINENTS & counting !
  • MB SLK 350 MT
  • 1974 Triumph Bonneville 750

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 5:35 am

Hola from Finland as well, Sergio!

Check one my links below and you can read my experience on shipping the bike across the Atlantic.

I strongly suggest that you arrive and depart from Canada. US ports have become a PITA with their anti-terrorist bureaucracy and this we learned from a company that used to ship bikes to US but has quit doing so.
http://www.motorcycleservices.com/Sh...ShippingQuote/

Good luck!

Regards

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

Pictures of various farkle projects:

post #4 of 10 Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:11 am
was

And another hola from the east coast (Connecticut) in the US, and welcome to this site. I'm afraid I do not have any information on international shipping, but I agree with Ari that it is now much more difficult to get a bike (or car) through a US port. I had the priviledge to spend 9 days in Spain in early May, vacationing with my wife. We were in a car (unfortunately!), and about every 5 minutes I would groan out loud, thinking about what a wonderful ride on a motorcycle your roads would make. Your highways are great, but your twisty mountain roads just south of France and along the Costa Brava are the best I have ever seen. Please let us know as your plans develop, I'm sure there are many members on this forum who would like to show you the best roads in their areas of the country.

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #5 of 10 Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:29 am

A big Texas-size welcome to you from here in the Lone Star State, Sergio.

When your plans firm up, be sure to let us know if/when you might be here so we can show you some Texas hospitality.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #6 of 10 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Hi Riders!

I'm really glad having met you this night. In fact I was searching some information through the Internet and suddenly (I really don't know why) this nice site showed up.

Well, I have a question for you all:

Based in Spain actually we ride a 2005 1200 RT. We are thinking spending a few weeks (mayb 6) riding through USA next 2008. For that we would like to send our R, maybe to NY, then sending back to Spain (maybe from LA).

Do you know any company who does International Motorcycle transportation?

Thank you very much

Sergio
Hey Sergio

My wife and I will be in Malaga the last week in June, I have a car rental and will be touristing around Spain for the week, then we will drive up to France. I don't know the distances yet, but If you like we could get-togther for a drink or two. If you wanted to come o Canada, we could have some room.

Garry & Esther

Follow my South America ride at

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

post #7 of 10 Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 3:49 pm

Sergio,

You ever ride in the Sevilla area. I can't help you with the transportation problems, but if you are ever in the area, give me a ring.

Utrera
post #8 of 10 Old Jun 4th, 2007, 5:20 am Thread Starter

Hello everybody again:

Thank you very much for your answers and welcomes!.

I have found some very useful info in the link Woolly sent (thank you very much). That site should be a "must visit" for everyone interested in riding.

I have also checked, not as long as wanted yet, the Pozo_izquierdo's site. That's a trip!. Pretty similar to the one we want for next year, and with a lot of useful info. I have taken good note about your comments going to Canada instead USA.

I checked the Motorcycle Services INC website. It seems they don't departure from Spain. France or UK seems to be the closers ports from here. I have asked them but didn't get an answer yet.

It's a little soon for making plans, routes and all those little things that makes a journey a real journey. Trip is planned for late 2008 and I am still a little scary about all the matters about sending our loved RT abroad alone... without too much warranties. Also scary about the paper work regarding all the operation...

I will post the details of the program as soon as they become available to me.

Regards to everyone and... any suggestion will be welcome!. It is the better time to them.

-------------------
Ws Altair

post #9 of 10 Old Jun 4th, 2007, 5:22 am Thread Starter

Hi Garry,

Thank you very much for your post. Well, I live in Madrid, just in the center of Spain. When you have them you can tell us your plans with your trip. Maybe Utrera and I can ride close to you and have some drinks with you both.

I wait for your comments

-------------------
Ws Altair

post #10 of 10 Old Jun 4th, 2007, 5:35 am Thread Starter

Hi Utrera,

I live in Madrid, but you know how this works... the roads are always small and we welcome any new destination!.

So, if you ever come close to here don't hesitate to call.

What about meeting Garry?

Regards

-------------------
Ws Altair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in