Kisan TireAlert finally available - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old May 14th, 2007, 3:13 pm Thread Starter

Post Kisan TireAlert finally available

Looking at the Kisan website it looks like their tire pressure monitoring kit has finally seen the light of day.

Who'll be the first here to give it a try?

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old May 14th, 2007, 3:16 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkramer
Looking at the Kisan website it looks like their tire pressure monitoring kit has finally seen the light of day.

Who'll be the first here to give it a try?
Andy is going to send me one for the GS as soon as it is available, but I haven't seen one yet. This note on the website may prove that it is not shipping just yet.

"tireAlert v2.0 has now successfully completed very exhaustive tests in the lab and on the road. Currently the pre-production version is being beta tested by independent riders. We expect to begin shipments for the pre-orders during April and make it available for purchase soon after"

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old May 14th, 2007, 3:23 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy
Andy is going to send me one for the GS as soon as it is available, but I haven't seen one yet. This note on the website may prove that it is not shipping just yet.

"tireAlert v2.0 has now successfully completed very exhaustive tests in the lab and on the road. Currently the pre-production version is being beta tested by independent riders. We expect to begin shipments for the pre-orders during April and make it available for purchase soon after"
As it turns out, I spoke with Andy just minutes after posting the reply above. Andy is still waiting for the screw-on transducers and should begin shipping this week. Hopefully I will have them installed on the GS before I depart for the Arctic Circle at the end of the month. If I have them, I'll post a full report at the end of the trip.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #4 of 5 Old May 14th, 2007, 3:44 pm Thread Starter

Ooops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy
As it turns out, I spoke with Andy just minutes after posting the reply above. Andy is still waiting for the screw-on transducers and should begin shipping this week. Hopefully I will have them installed on the GS before I depart for the Arctic Circle at the end of the month. If I have them, I'll post a full report at the end of the trip.
Looks like I posted too soon. I didn't scroll down far enough to see that ordering wasn't an option yet.

Good to see we've got a beta tester in our midst, though. I hope it proves to be a better system than that other tire monitor.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
post #5 of 5 Old May 14th, 2007, 3:53 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkramer
Looks like I posted too soon. I didn't scroll down far enough to see that ordering wasn't an option yet.

Good to see we've got a beta tester in our midst, though. I hope it proves to be a better system than that other tire monitor.
While the original was a little problematic to calibrate, it worked well once calibrated. The old one required accurate dwell readings to determine the pressure. The new one is pinged by the transponder and the transducer returns raw data. Calibration should not be an issue. Additionally, Kisan has been working with a large automotive concern in Japan for quite a while giving us a better chance that this new one is a fully mature and reliable product.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in