13 to go for her about 50 for me - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old May 13th, 2007, 12:50 pm Thread Starter

13 to go for her about 50 for me

Karen has 13 k miles to go to get her 1st 100k miles on bmw's, she's pretty happy about that one, and should have it done sometime soon. she is now riding her R1200Gs all the time, she loves it!

I have about 50k to go for my 200k miles on bmw's, I don't think I will hit it this year though. We find since we moved to North georgia we don't do as many miles as we did in florida each year.

We bought our bmws (me a K1200lt her A R1150RT) new august 17 2002, right now we have over 230k miles on bmw's. It has been interesting at times, don't let anyone fool you about dependability. if it is made it will break for sure.

anyhow in close to 140k on the lt it has been pretty damn good, in fact the only thing I can think of that went wrong since 52k miles was the reverser and a exhaust stud broken. there were times though in the begining I wanted to shoot it!

Karen now has over 14k miles on her new GS, (ok new in oct? I think, just before Ironhorse in fact)

I'm trying to catch her with mine at just over 12k miles on the new GSA

I found I do not like metzeler tourance tires near as much as i do the Michelin anakees on the GS, particularly on the front, i just put my first tourance on the front seem's real slow steering compared to the anakee's.

Still I'm liking these damn german made bikes more and more all the time, I hope they continue to do well. so WTH right we are going to test them out some more.

we are planning a few decent trips this year,

Vegas, is one.
chicago is another, and on to the bmw rally
texas for a family reunion
then our longer one, glacier NP, Wa. Ca. down the coast to redwoods yosemite off to the PCH, the Grand staircases north rim of the G Canyon (Karen has never seen any of this before) south into Az to see some frinds then finish up at the IBR dinner then go hoime (well because there wil be no place else to go that we can make)

should be a great trip, If I get a good seat for the gsa I will be taking it. the LT is starting to get lonely

so that is four just particulary for us, no telling how many more we can sneak in work realted

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in