Discounted parts - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old May 8th, 2007, 1:52 pm Thread Starter

Discounted parts

I know this has been covered before but I can't seem to find it. I know there is a dealer that give a dicount for online orders. I need to order some parts to get the bike back on the road.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old May 8th, 2007, 1:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestonbill
I know this has been covered before but I can't seem to find it. I know there is a dealer that give a dicount for online orders. I need to order some parts to get the bike back on the road.

Bill
Chicago BMW. They're kinda slow, tho. I think they order parts from outside Chicago - took 'em 30 days to send me the black and chrome front bumpers covers. Butt, they do offer 20%discount.
post #3 of 13 Old May 8th, 2007, 2:00 pm

How fast they are depends on whether they have things in stock. Oil filters, and routine things they get to you quickly. Other items often take longer. As I recall, they no longer ship oil or fluids of any kind. Plus you do have to call them to order. You can't order online.

post #4 of 13 Old May 8th, 2007, 2:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlakin
How fast they are depends on whether they have things in stock. Oil filters, and routine things they get to you quickly. Other items often take longer. As I recall, they no longer ship oil or fluids of any kind. Plus you do have to call them to order. You can't order online.
I think you're right about not shipping fluidy thangs. However, you can order online - I did, and got order confirmation within 24. They even provide a 'dialogue' box you can fill out if you have a question.
post #5 of 13 Old May 8th, 2007, 2:38 pm

I stand corrected. I guess I am so computer illiterate I couldn't figure out their web site.
post #6 of 13 Old May 8th, 2007, 2:42 pm Thread Starter

Thanks guys.
post #7 of 13 Old May 8th, 2007, 5:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
I think you're right about not shipping fluidy thangs. However, you can order online - I did, and got order confirmation within 24. They even provide a 'dialogue' box you can fill out if you have a question.
Dick, you are correct about on-line orders BUT they suggest if you want the REAL & CONFIRMED COST to call them because their web-master does not update the prices in a timely manner.
My recent order charged my card an additional $5.00 not big deal if you know it in advance.

2013 BMW Damask Red K1600GTL
2014 BMW K1600GTL-E EXCLUSIVE
2001 Honda C-250 Helix
SOLD 2006 BMW K-1200LT "The Manatee"

Smokin'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 Old May 8th, 2007, 6:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe
Dick, you are correct about on-line orders BUT they suggest if you want the REAL & CONFIRMED COST to call them because their web-master does not update the prices in a timely manner.
My recent order charged my card an additional $5.00 not big deal if you know it in advance.
You're right about confirming the charges. I didn't, and although the order confirmation showed final shipping charges of $7.50, the ccard got hit for $8.00. When they sent me a correct item to replace a delivered wrong one, they taped two quarters inside the package!!!
post #9 of 13 Old May 8th, 2007, 9:51 pm

Bill,
Last month I ordered about a grands worth of parts from Chicago BMW. I saved quite a bit. The trick with them is to call them every few days to check the status of your order. I have found that they sit on the parts awhile before they get around to shipping them out. I called them 2 days after the order to remind them to order parts they did not have in stock and then another 5 days later because I figured they received the parts by then from the North american distributer. They conviently shipped to me that same day.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #10 of 13 Old May 8th, 2007, 10:11 pm
Lifetime Supporter

My experience is that they don't seem to stock much of what I would consider "standard" parts. A recent order took over three weeks to get here, and the inventory on every last item said "Special Order" plus my name and order number.

That said, this seems to be a pretty common practice among BMW dealers, based on my limited ownership experience. Many here will bash Harleys, but my Road King (knock on wood) has been trouble free over the years, and the dealers seem to always have the bits I need in stock. Different business model for different market makes sense to me.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #11 of 13 Old May 8th, 2007, 10:22 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
Bill,
L I called them 2 days after the order to remind them to order parts they did not have in stock and then another 5 days later because I figured they received the parts by then from the North american distributer. They conviently shipped to me that same day.
Hey Brain thanks for the heads up. I spent 350.00 so I figure I saved around 85.00 with the discount and tax savings even with the shipping. I'll be calling them at the end of the week to see where my order is. Test rode the bike yesterday and all seems OK. The brakes work good and it rode smooth. Back on the road again. hehe

Bill
post #12 of 13 Old May 10th, 2007, 10:03 am

I have used Chicago BMW in the past with pretty good results(no communication).

My last maintenance parts order I places with Hammersley BMW(www.webparts.com) and found 1) the site and fiche easier to use. 2) order received promptly and 3) cheaper than Chicago BMW.

Oh, only bad thing!! Make sure that you print your order form before making your purchase.
post #13 of 13 Old May 10th, 2007, 8:00 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucecha
My last maintenance parts order I places with Hammersley BMW(www.webparts.com) and found 1) the site and fiche easier to use. 2) order received promptly and 3) cheaper than Chicago BMW.

Thanks for the link. It's always nice to save a buck or two.

Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in