Bmw Moa - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Apr 26th, 2007, 12:59 pm Thread Starter

Bmw Moa

I purchased my LT new back in February. I received a very nice gift box from the dealer and my road side assistance card. However, I've received nothing from BMW MOA. Should I expect something from them or do I have to contact them? Is it worth joining?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old Apr 26th, 2007, 1:04 pm

Bmw Moa

You have to contact them. You can sign up on line if you like. I enjoy the monthly magazine, Owners News. It is a very good publication in mho. Also, we have a local MOA chapter which is good for socializing, riding and getting tips from more experienced riders on you kind of bike.

Congratulation on your new bike. After many years on Harleys, I am never going back.

Ultra LT
post #3 of 18 Old Apr 26th, 2007, 1:10 pm

BMWMOA is not part of BMW corporate so they have no way to know you're a new BMW owner. They are a good organization, check out their website and if you like what they're about and what they offer you as a member you can join from there.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 Old Apr 30th, 2007, 4:17 pm

I don't know what part of VA you hail from but it looks like your picture was taken at Morton's so I'll guess No. Va.

I suggest looking up BMWBMW (Metro Washington) for No. VA, Richmond Riders for Central VA, and BMWMCHR (Hampton Roads) for southeastern VA. All are good clubs and will give you an opportunity to meet and ride with other local Beemer owners.

Bob Chapman
Virginia
2000 K12LT
1978 CB750A (Automatic Cafe Racer Ratbike)
post #5 of 18 Old Apr 30th, 2007, 6:16 pm

The MOA is certainly worth joining, as are the local chapters. My chapter, the Black Diamond Beemers, provides our local dealer with a "complementary" membership form to our chapter - in turn, the dealer includes this form with every new or used BMW that he sells. Last year, 60% of the "free" one year memberships we gave away turned into full members at renewal time - and several have since joined the MOA.

Those of you active with local charters - feel free to copy our approach - it works!

Joe B
post #6 of 18 Old May 1st, 2007, 8:02 am

Hey VADIVER- What part of VA are you in?
post #7 of 18 Old May 2nd, 2007, 1:45 pm

Belonging to the MOA can save you some money on your insurance. Proably enough savings to pay for the membership.
post #8 of 18 Old May 2nd, 2007, 5:12 pm

Local MOA clubs may be sponsored by local dealers, but like David wrote, and unlike H.O.G., MOA is not a company club.

I also agree w/ Rich about the magazine. It is professionally done, and worth the $.

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

On the road to wreck, and ruin -— but making great time.
post #9 of 18 Old May 2nd, 2007, 7:49 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlash
Local MOA clubs may be sponsored by local dealers, but like David wrote, and unlike H.O.G., MOA is not a company club.
I believe that to be true, but when my recent membership dues showed up on my credit card statement, it reflected as BMW Motorcycles, which struck me as odd.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #10 of 18 Old May 2nd, 2007, 9:41 pm

Don,

You have to contact them as the club is not affiliated with BMWNA. I highly recommend joining at www.bmwmoa.org.

The magazine alone is worth the price of admission and in my opinion is probably one of the best in the industry. It is full of interesting articles, meets and items for sale. I have been a member for at least 20 years and I found my LT in the Owners News classified section.

Congratulations on the new bike and safe riding.

Best regards,

Martin
'03 Anthracite K1200 LT
'02 Blue R1150 RT
BMW MOA #44043
post #11 of 18 Old May 3rd, 2007, 1:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATFLT
Belonging to the MOA can save you some money on your insurance. Proably enough savings to pay for the membership.
Can you kindly explain how belonging can save money on your insurance? Thanks.

Tweety1
Scottsdale, AZ
R1200S -
, MOA 24434, started in '68 on Dad's R50/2. It was mine later.
post #12 of 18 Old May 3rd, 2007, 8:42 am
Lifetime Supporter

Smile

BMWMOA is worth it just for the Anonomous Book

--Bo
2013 Magma Red R1200GSA
2012 Candy Apple Red R1200R
2007 (2006 Blue Panels) R1200GS (RIP Poteau, OK)
2006 Graphite K1200GT (sold)
2002 Titan Silver LT (sold)

Don't Panic!
Achtung! böse Eichhörnchen!
post #13 of 18 Old May 3rd, 2007, 9:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas42
BMWMOA is worth it just for the Anonomous Book
This I know. Been a member over 25 years. But how does save money on insurance? I have not found this "secret" yet and that why i posted what I did.
Thanks for chiming in.

Tweety1
Scottsdale, AZ
R1200S -
, MOA 24434, started in '68 on Dad's R50/2. It was mine later.
post #14 of 18 Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:33 am
Lifetime Supporter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety1
This I know. Been a member over 25 years. But how does save money on insurance? I have not found this "secret" yet and that why i posted what I did.
Thanks for chiming in.
I have no idea, about saving money on insurance, I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to the orginal post.

--Bo
2013 Magma Red R1200GSA
2012 Candy Apple Red R1200R
2007 (2006 Blue Panels) R1200GS (RIP Poteau, OK)
2006 Graphite K1200GT (sold)
2002 Titan Silver LT (sold)

Don't Panic!
Achtung! böse Eichhörnchen!
post #15 of 18 Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:42 am
fas

Talking Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADIVER
I purchased my LT new back in February. I received a very nice gift box from the dealer and my road side assistance card. However, I've received nothing from BMW MOA. Should I expect something from them or do I have to contact them? Is it worth joining?
Don,

I also recommed joining. The magazine has excellent information. I look forward to every issue. You can call them at 636.394.7277 or go to www.bmwmoa.org. This is a not for profit members organization that is lots of fun. I loved my LT and road it hard for four years. Moved to the GT in July 2006.

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #16 of 18 Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:54 am

MOA delivers a slick monthly with lots of advertising and ride reports. BMW RA is a smaller club with a different approach. The RA magazine is not nearly as slick but it includes more information about BMW bikes, in my opinion. I belong to both.
post #17 of 18 Old May 3rd, 2007, 8:46 pm

The BMW MOA delivers a monthly mag. that is very good! Called Owner News,,, Their anonimuos book is good to have around...

Their forum however is very clickish ,,, their sense of humor is very limited.......
Their rants last year over the editor leaving was beyond stupid,, they never let anything go.....

But they do have some very good info over there so it is worth checking out...Just remember if your not an ass kisser it will take a while to belong........Pete
post #18 of 18 Old May 4th, 2007, 9:55 am
Lifetime Supporter

Insurance Savings

Talk to your motorcycle insurance agent. Many companies give a discount for association memberships like AMA, HOG, MOA. Nationwide even pays for your first year of AMA dues.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in