Almost stranded - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Apr 4th, 2007, 5:14 pm Thread Starter

Almost stranded

Well dismounted my rear tire for the first time last night. Too late to take the tire in, had to wait til this morning. The leak wasn't from the new tire but from around the valve stem. Got a new valve. All put back together now. But I did miss out on riding last night. I'm just glad it didn't happen on a road trip.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Apr 4th, 2007, 5:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
Well dismounted my rear tire for the first time last night. Too late to take the tire in, had to wait til this morning. The leak wasn't from the new tire but from around the valve stem. Got a new valve. All put back together now. But I did miss out on riding last night. I'm just glad it didn't happen on a road trip.
Mike,

you missed the best day so far in NE, OH....I managed to get in about 225 miles (mostly local) miles before the rains came. Im still getting used to the GT and my "GT muscles" havent been built up enough yet. Glad to hear you didnt go soft in the boonies...

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #3 of 5 Old Apr 4th, 2007, 6:27 pm Thread Starter

Ya, I know got it fixed just in time for winter part duex. Did manage to get a few good rides in Saturday and Sunday.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.

post #4 of 5 Old Apr 4th, 2007, 7:30 pm
fas

neighborhood meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
Ya, I know got it fixed just in time for winter part duex. Did manage to get a few good rides in Saturday and Sunday.
Hey Neighbors!

Rode the GT to the tower Monday and Tuesday. SO and I rode Sunday too. Not now! I see snow outside and I can no longer see the lake! Got 5,000 on our GT now. What a rush to ride that thing. Can't wait for Winter Deux to fade.

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #5 of 5 Old Apr 4th, 2007, 7:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fas
Hey Neighbors!

Rode the GT to the tower Monday and Tuesday. SO and I rode Sunday too. Not now! I see snow outside and I can no longer see the lake! Got 5,000 on our GT now. What a rush to ride that thing. Can't wait for Winter Deux to fade.
While its snowing this week, its farkle city for the GT. Just got the Sargent seat. Tank bag/snakeskins and tank protector by Fri....yee hah.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in