BMW Forum - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Mar 27th, 2007, 5:46 pm Thread Starter

BMW Forum

OK, I've been away. For those of you who don't live in CO, we had lots of snow this year, including the ski resorts. And, I like to ski. So, I've not ridden a lot since the middle of December. During that time, I've been doing a fair amount of skiing (for me anyway) and I hadn't been on this forum for several weeks. So, about a week ago, I attempted to access www.bmwlt.net. Imagine my surprise at there being no such active address.

OK, I'm sure you put it up in BIG letters on this site that you were changing and to be aware of the cutover date. I would have preferred an email noting the impending change. I'm sure my profile includes my email address. I do check that regularly. I don't happen to log onto this site every day. Believe it or not, I have interests in things other than BMW LTs.

The only way I found this site was to Google CCR. Thanks Google.

Triker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Longmont, CO
2005 LT Hannigan Trike
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Mar 27th, 2007, 6:14 pm

crash

The site crashed, but I was getting updates within 24 hours with details about what was happening.
post #3 of 8 Old Mar 27th, 2007, 6:26 pm

And I had a personal call from the President and the Chief Executive Officer apologizing for any inconveniences I may have experienced........

Pat

Patterson/USAF1....'05 LT
and the little guy behind me is the world famous "Marty Hill"
Never look into a lazer with the remaining eye
363K on BMW's

post #4 of 8 Old Mar 27th, 2007, 8:03 pm

In all fairness, the site moved to BMWLT.com from .net well over a year ago, maybe even 2 or more. The .net address redirected to this one but was never guaranteed to stay up forever. Regardless, you found us!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #5 of 8 Old Mar 27th, 2007, 8:08 pm

[QUOTE=Triker] OK, I've been away. For those of you who don't live in CO, we had lots of snow this year, including the ski resorts. And, I like to ski. So, I've not ridden a lot since the middle of December. During that time, I've been doing a fair amount of skiing (for me anyway) and I hadn't been on this forum for several weeks. So, about a week ago, I attempted to access www.bmwlt.net. Imagine my surprise at there being no such active address.

OK, I'm sure you put it up in BIG letters on this site that you were changing and to be aware of the cutover date. I would have preferred an email noting the impending change. I'm sure my profile includes my email address. I do check that regularly. I don't happen to log onto this site every day. Believe it or not, I have interests in things other than BMW LTs.

Sure was a good year for skiing even in Eastern Canada. The skis are put away and my bike is ready to go for another riding season.
post #6 of 8 Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:26 pm

I hate to tell you but it was put up on the site in big letters about a month before it happened. The change over to bmwlt.com from bmwlt.net took place on October 1, 2005. It was also stated at that time that bmwlt.net would go away sometime in the future. Unfortunately, there was site problem and it happened to go away as a side effect.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #7 of 8 Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:35 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker
OK, I've been away. For those of you who don't live in CO, we had lots of snow this year, including the ski resorts. And, I like to ski. So, I've not ridden a lot since the middle of December. During that time, I've been doing a fair amount of skiing (for me anyway) and I hadn't been on this forum for several weeks. So, about a week ago, I attempted to access www.bmwlt.net. Imagine my surprise at there being no such active address.

The only way I found this site was to Google CCR. Thanks Google.
Because we changed our entire site structure, hardware configuration and other technical items last weekend, the redirects from k1200lt.net and bmwlt.net are broken. Those items are among the cleanup details we have left on our list. They should be active again soon.

The site moved from bmwlt.net to bmwlt.com October 1, 2005.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #8 of 8 Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 9:33 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the info

I knew I just missed the notices. Thanks for the info. I had even missed the part in 2005 about switching over and the redirect stuff. I was too interested in the real "meat" on this site. Seriously, I've never seen a more willing group of people that try their best to answer even the most seemingly trivial questions with wit, respect and above all real knowledge gleaned from the experience and research that the collective group does on this machine.

THANKS! THANKS!

Triker

Longmont, CO
2005 LT Hannigan Trike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in