Gold Wing Killer - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 3:57 pm Thread Starter

Gold Wing Killer

Anyone got the scoop on the new 6 cylinder LT? I heard that BMW will do a concept demo at the "RA" in the fall. K1680 LT Can anyone verify this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 5:07 pm

no.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #3 of 12 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 5:29 pm
Lifetime Supporter

As far as I am concerned this would kill the LT for me. I do not want anything like a Goldwing, but rather a bike capable of cornering and be somewhat nimble, a bit lighter than the current LT, with a nice power band. I use my bike every day to commute, and to go on somewhat longer rides during the weekend. I really would rather not have 2 bikes, a monster touring to ride 2 up, and a "city" bike to commute.
I hope BMW can fulfill my requirements...
I really liked the idea discussed on this site a few months ago where we described what the new LT should look like. A lighter bike with a newer power plant.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 6:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
As far as I am concerned this would kill the LT for me. I do not want anything like a Goldwing, but rather a bike capable of cornering and be somewhat nimble, a bit lighter than the current LT, with a nice power band. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A lighter bike with a newer power plant.
If it is anything like the rumoured bike in this post, it could be all those things. Just add two cylinders to the new K engine, get rid of some of the side fairings, and you have a bike with a lot more power, and probably better clearance and handling than the current LT. I would like to see it come to reality.
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=11

Better link to the whole article: Anyone read German?
http://www.motorradonline.de/test/ne...bmw.256157.htm

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

Last edited by dshealey; Mar 19th, 2007 at 6:18 pm.
post #5 of 12 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 6:22 pm
was

Check http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13886 for some insider information and opinions.

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike
post #6 of 12 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 9:39 pm
Cat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Yeah I do. Matter of fact I grew up there. What you wanna know?

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still in search of Occam's razor to cut a Gordian knot.
post #7 of 12 Old Mar 20th, 2007, 1:44 am

Post translated, sorta :) looks like autumn of 08' w/ 6 cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
BMW and the row sixth cylinder – a glorious story is that for the Bavaria, that created an entire palette of this just as dynamic as cultivated engines. In variants multifarious of two to 3.5 liter Hubraum with achievements of round 120 until more than 300 HP. Yet always only for cars and with corresponding sizes.

Therefore a learned mechanic, whom the MOTORCYCLE-editorship does not know and not also would like to know to its protection, supported when he got some motor parts in the summer of the past year into the fingers, that belonged and unambiguously to a Sechszylinder-Reihenmotor to BMW. That was constructed however so graceful and compact like yet no car motor of the manufacturer. Therefore it pondered a few and informed a motorcycle load friend who pulled again its also motorcycle load "Spezl" to rate. This finally called in MOTORCYCLE, announced the discovery played now already over several volumes and asked whether the editorship would have similar information and for which type by motorcycle probably could be such a motor.

The editorship had no such information, was do not transfer however at least around an answer to the second question. If the Bavaria do not plan the absolute exception surprise, it can be determined only for the successor of the Luxustourers K 1200 LT. The last K with the lying incorporated four cylinder as a drive, the "flying brick stone". K-models old where-up some editors some photos by gestrippten surveyed and to calculate began. Would be an along incorporated row sixth cylinder generally in a motorcycle to accommodate, stretched equal, whether lying after BMW-tradition or standing like in the triumph III? Hardly. It would be too long even for such a steamer, so much was quickly clear.

Therefore diagonally. Finally BMW with the K 1200 S constructed for the first time a Mehrzylinder-Motorradmotor with diagonally lying crank shaft and opened therewith a new method of building for itself. One and a half K-1200-S-Zylinderblöcke, so the unanimous opinion, possibly through a discreet extension of the Hubs on 1850 CM3 brought, would have to accommodate let itself so in a luxury tour prominently enough and with well-balanced proportions. Historic six cylinder-motorcycles of the Benelli the Kawasaki Z 1300 just as as the Suzuki-study presented in the last year would be prove over the famous Honda CBX up to Stratosphere it.

The restriction of the angles freedom through the Breitling can be borne in a tour probably at that soon. Especially since the experiments, that BMW with the air suspension struts of the HP2-Modelle and the G 650 Xchallenge engages, let close, on that, that the future LT is equipped with a pneumatic level regulation, so that it offers always the utmost angles freedom. At further technical refinements, that go out over the lately presented OFF and Antriebsschlupfregelung, an automatic transmission or an electromagnetic control with double coupling and additional roles as well as between gas automatic control mechanism takes precedence. To not to forget an Airbag how it is to be had in the Honda gold Wing.

Yet before motorcycle-designer Stefan power got the starting shot for its drawing, it that information black markets to comb another few counted. Was sought a tiny confirmation the only weak self-copying project. And actually: After the Jahreswech- sel, the extremely speculative speculation substantiated itself. BMW-dealers be subject must decrease so-called removal obligations, it to the manufacturer of model certain a determined quantum. In the year 2007, to was learned, applies this only to two types not: the R 1200 ST and, correctly assumes, the K 1200 LT. More yet, there was dealer, who had to wait 2006 such a motorcycle of sold and its customer long on that, because the building of its machine in the second half of the year was to be pushed in hardly between the other K-models. BMW sells the LT in the USA to be sure yet somewhat lively, constructs however the unit for the countries obviously in a landslide and lets it then extensively therewith bewenden. Werbemaßnahmen, special models, discounts – all the usual verkaufsfördernden measures do not take place for the LT. The technical changes are restricted to a modified board computer, that one had for other models anyway ready. All in all one quiet clearance sale strategy designed on long time period.

Learned industries-insiders are themselves certain that BMW selects currently the supplier businesses for the series production of the six cylinder motorcycle; they close on a period of about two years from today to the launch. Would therefore the presentation in the autumn 2008 be. Yet what BMW says even in addition? To such appointments yet nothing at all that to expect was. Press officer Jürgen material rain appeared to be sure not totally zugeknöpft; he would like to disconcert potential buyers of the Honda gold Wing probably a few. O-tone material rain: "A Sechszylinder-Reihenmotor would become already once very well BMW fit." The connection of such a motor with a luxury tour commented on it with certain use of the subjunctive: "If one itself with such a motorcycle busy would become, would be one well advise, the Hubraum not all too tightly to dimension." In order to continue then old LT in things again in the indicative: "What also always with the old LT happens, concerns the season 2008." that again does not fit best into the picture.
post #8 of 12 Old Mar 20th, 2007, 5:46 am

I read that translation before and was wondering if someone could translate that english into english?

Kevin

1999 K1200LT, patiently waiting for a new model.

Slave Cylinder Procedure->
post #9 of 12 Old Mar 20th, 2007, 7:08 am

Reads like machine translation, not a person.

"Smitty"
'07 GT CGM
post #10 of 12 Old Mar 20th, 2007, 7:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
Yeah I do. Matter of fact I grew up there. What you wanna know?
Just curious if there is any validity whatsoever to it, or is it just another wishful "guess".

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #11 of 12 Old Mar 20th, 2007, 11:42 am

Don't understand German to well, but Miss Mopped looks pretty hot, and :the guy in fishnet underwear working on the CBX made we want to shoot him !

2000 K1200LT
1981 Honda CBX ( kind of for sale)
post #12 of 12 Old Mar 20th, 2007, 3:51 pm

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.............after reading that I gotta go get some Ibuprofen!! Good lord...........

Pat

Patterson/USAF1....'05 LT
and the little guy behind me is the world famous "Marty Hill"
Never look into a lazer with the remaining eye
363K on BMW's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in