Can't get to a BMW dealer??? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 11:24 am Thread Starter
BMW Guru

Can't get to a BMW dealer???

So what do ya do if you want to check out the latest BMW gear but don't have a dealer in your area?? We're going to start posting video presentations of products on our web-site so you can see more than just a picture before you order. Here's the our first effort. Tell me what ya think....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI-HZ54YswU

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 11:35 am
Lifetime Supporter

Great idea! Good info. Overall, I like it.

Since you asked for our thoughts, I will reluctantly add that *I* think the clip would benefit if the presenter use some inflection in her voice and moved at a little faster pace. At six plus minutes, I found myself looking at the timer at the bottom of the window to see if it was almost through.

That said, I'd like to see some more of these. IMHO, one thing that might be helpful is to show the item being tried on alongside some similar products (on the same person) from other brands to show the differences in sizing and fit across different brands. I have bought XL of one brand because I wear XL in another, and they seemed to be totally different sizes.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #3 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 12:22 pm Thread Starter
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy5211
Great idea! Good info. Overall, I like it.

Since you asked for our thoughts, I will reluctantly add that *I* think the clip would benefit if the presenter use some inflection in her voice and moved at a little faster pace. At six plus minutes, I found myself looking at the timer at the bottom of the window to see if it was almost through.

That said, I'd like to see some more of these. IMHO, one thing that might be helpful is to show the item being tried on alongside some similar products (on the same person) from other brands to show the differences in sizing and fit across different brands. I have bought XL of one brand because I wear XL in another, and they seemed to be totally different sizes.
I thought it was a little long too. But I see this stuff everyday so my perspective isn't the same as some body who is actually shopping for a jacket and wants all the infomation.
I agree we need to speed up that pace a bit. Working on video number two today so we'll se how that goes....

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #4 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 12:33 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up

Ted, I agree with Tony on the length of the video just for the jacket. I think both the jacket and the pants could be incorporated in the same video, wich would allow for more details on the pants, all in the same allocated time.
Otherwise great concept!!!
I can't wait to see a video about BMW helmets!!!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #5 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 1:05 pm

TedHudson

My "FIRST" thought was: "Why is that guy driving back and forth on the same piece of road?? Is he lost??" My second was "If they make that A&S sign any bigger, I could probably feel it on the monitors screen.."

Deputy has it right....."inflection" and lots of it. Can you say "zzz--zzz--zzz"?

The films stops and starts, her hesitations with the cutting off of words were enough to drive "me" up the wall. You could probably do it w/o her looking at the camera so much......it's the product you're trying to sell.

Though I'm sure she's well qualified and knows her product (right?) she needs to go over her material......again, and again and again, so she SOUNDS like she knows what she's talking about. It's the hesitations that detract from her confidence. Repetition is something to watch for.....(the inside pockets are one example).

I didn't count how many times she told us about the "1.4mm mumble-mumble cowhide"
but it was more than enough.....especially if you're doing a "flash-over" with the same info that we're supposed to read.

Athletic mesh?? What's that?? Is "vented" out of style?

"BMW has given you...." or "BMW uses......and "The BMW......." along with "So BMW....." Believe me none of us are too old to forget what we're looking at after the opening........ and it just doesn't go with what she's trying to say.......

"This here is the only logo...."??? This here....??? Quick......get her English teacher on the phone.

The stretchy part of the sleeve is, or should be, be about the added comfort...... not "the little weird lines in your skin".

Patterson/USAF1....'05 LT
and the little guy behind me is the world famous "Marty Hill"
Never look into a lazer with the remaining eye
363K on BMW's
post #6 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 1:10 pm Thread Starter
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
Ted, I agree with Tony on the length of the video just for the jacket. I think both the jacket and the pants could be incorporated in the same video, wich would allow for more details on the pants, all in the same allocated time.
Otherwise great concept!!!
I can't wait to see a video about BMW helmets!!!
You'll have to wait for the German version on that one, since the BMW helmets aren't DOT

Thanks for the comments guys. It's just the first attempt so they will get better and we'll be using different people for other videos.

Stay tuned....

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #7 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 2:23 pm

If it's not too late to add another comment, I need a whole lot of sizing info! Most bike apparel seems to be sized for Asian people! What ever happened to the stereotype of the Bavarian or Austrian male (of female) of "proper" and real-world proportions?

The only thing that I noticed of a 'down' nature was the number of times she said 'nice'.

Jay Slomka
Johnson City, TN

Y2K LT Champagne Class Act

BMWMOA, AMA, IBA
post #8 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 7:01 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Hey, for a minute there I thought we'd see a couple of guys in different gear being dragged down the highway until one of them cried "Uncle Rock"... =) then comparing their experinces in the gear... or one guy trying two different sets of gear.

Now, that would be impressive!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #9 of 16 Old Feb 14th, 2007, 11:54 pm

Great idea Ted. Keep us posted. (have you thought of also including the price?)
post #10 of 16 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 12:28 am Thread Starter
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorawro
Great idea Ted. Keep us posted. (have you thought of also including the price?)
The videos will be part of the existing web page for our products so sizing and pricing will already be there...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #11 of 16 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 1:47 am

Since sizing is not "standard" anymore (as someone said), How about getting 3 differently sized guys to "model" the jackets & pants and maybe even get them to mount & dismount a bike with the camera on them so people could see how and where the jackets/pants flex (pointing out the stretch panels etc at that time). And maybe even get comments from the "models" on how it all fits/feels and which size they are wearing. Or something of that nature.

When perfected I think you'll have a real winner there and sales should reflect it.
post #12 of 16 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 5:56 pm Thread Starter
BMW Guru

Installment Number 2

Here ya go -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeToHAnVcAM

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #13 of 16 Old Feb 16th, 2007, 1:34 am

Very nicely done. She came across as very knowledgable on the subject and seemed at ease with the camera.
Having her wear the jacket and demonstrate its features should be very helpful for potential buyers.

P.S., Nice touch having both avialable colors there for us to see.
post #14 of 16 Old Feb 17th, 2007, 9:44 pm

Much improved over the first video...but what were the negatives? I assume the jacket isn't perfect. It would have been nice to here about a short coming or two.
post #15 of 16 Old Feb 17th, 2007, 11:42 pm Thread Starter
BMW Guru

And Number 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p96fcHx4nJA

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #16 of 16 Old Feb 18th, 2007, 2:44 am

Very good presentation. And a nice touch on the "disassembly" of the jacket and showing what the armor looks like and how it covers. Keep up the good work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in