K1300rs - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Feb 12th, 2007, 3:54 am Thread Starter
rlv

K1300rs

What is this that I have read on the internet that BMW is soon coming out with a new K1300RS.
Any truth in it.

Richard Vogt
2007 (Silver) R1200RT
2010 R1200GSA (Gertrude)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Feb 12th, 2007, 6:02 am

Can you send along the URL? There is the new K1200R Sport that according to my dealer the dealers in this state are not ordering for floor stock because of the slow move of the K1200R.

Joel
'02 K1200LTC
"Mauve Mile-Eater"
post #3 of 9 Old Feb 12th, 2007, 10:35 am
Lifetime Supporter

R-S not being ordered?

Damn, I am dying to see one in the flesh...probably won't be able to swing it, but I really really like the pics I've seen, and with the fairing (and an aftermarket larger windscreen) it would not only be half the price to insure as a K1200S, it's cheaper, and the exposed engine goodies, plus the functional half fairing makes it, in my mind, one badass bike.

I still don't know how BMW got away with last year's K1200R "You don't need a hibachi to cook Japanese" ad...

lol

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.

post #4 of 9 Old Feb 12th, 2007, 1:43 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlv
What is this that I have read on the internet that BMW is soon coming out with a new K1300RS.
Any truth in it.
The K1300RS rumors were around just prior to the release of the K1200S as a 2005 model. It was conjecture based upon some spy photos of the K1200S and started in early 2004 on the Pelican Parts website.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #5 of 9 Old Feb 12th, 2007, 3:31 pm Thread Starter
rlv

Where I read it at was hot grips.com

Richard Vogt
2007 (Silver) R1200RT
2010 R1200GSA (Gertrude)
post #6 of 9 Old Feb 13th, 2007, 6:14 am

Pete:

My guess is that the K-Sport will not be any cheaper insurance wise than the R is. Just adding the fairing will not throw it into a different rating class. Typically insurance companies deal with HP/weight ratios for ratings. That's not to say I can't wish cheaper rates for you, but I doubt it will occur. Dick
post #7 of 9 Old Feb 13th, 2007, 10:04 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Yo, Dick

Did I mis-type?

The K1200S is twice as expensive for me to insure as the K1200R-sport

if I typed otherwise, chalk it up to another dumbass pete-ism

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
post #8 of 9 Old Feb 13th, 2007, 10:10 pm
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevandyke
Damn, I am dying to see one in the flesh...probably won't be able to swing it, but I really really like the pics I've seen, and with the fairing (and an aftermarket larger windscreen) it would not only be half the price to insure as a K1200S, it's cheaper, and the exposed engine goodies, plus the functional half fairing makes it, in my mind, one badass bike.

I still don't know how BMW got away with last year's K1200R "You don't need a hibachi to cook Japanese" ad...

lol
Plano has 1 on the floor. When I talked to Bryan at Ft Worth, he had 5.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #9 of 9 Old Feb 13th, 2007, 10:14 pm
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRothermel
Pete:

My guess is that the K-Sport will not be any cheaper insurance wise than the R is. Just adding the fairing will not throw it into a different rating class. Typically insurance companies deal with HP/weight ratios for ratings. That's not to say I can't wish cheaper rates for you, but I doubt it will occur. Dick
Actually, HP and weight ratios have very little to do with insurance rates. It has to do with the number of payouts per model. It is not uncommon to see a new model be underestimated, and then you will see a significant increase the second year. Also, insurance companies are regulated by the state, so how premiums are calcuated vary as often as there are different motorcycles.

It happened with the Yamaha FZ1. It was about half of the R1, but by the second and third year, many insurance companies had the FZ1 listed nearly as expensive as the R1.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in