http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=28081

Doug Roorda
Mid TN
99 K1200LT
03 Ducati M800S-sold
02 F650GS-Dakar
03 DRZ400S
KJ4EER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old Feb 5th, 2007, 6:05 pm
Bouncer

Damn TIVO doesn't look out that far ahead. Hopefully, I can remember it when it comes out in 2 weeks.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #3 of 33 Old Feb 6th, 2007, 8:50 am
was

Great tip, many thanks. Now how do I become a celebrity to be able to sign up?

Bill
Guilford, CT
'99 Canyon Red K1200 LT - Buddah Bike

post #4 of 33 Old Feb 6th, 2007, 3:59 pm
fas

Thumbs up thanks for sharing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnk12lt

I am helping KTM. I appreciate this link. I was not aware of the new program. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KTM_superduke_12.27.2006.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	9852  

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #5 of 33 Old Feb 6th, 2007, 5:16 pm

Nit-pick, I know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Damn TIVO doesn't look out that far ahead. Hopefully, I can remember it when it comes out in 2 weeks.
Jeff,

If you know the channel for Speed TV and the specific date/time, you can manually enter it for TiVO to record. A bit more of a chore than selecting from the guide that's downloaded, but at least it'll be in there.

Regards,

DWP
post #6 of 33 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 12:39 pm

I just talked to a friend of mine she is going to be on one of the episodes. She said it should be a fun show and she liked doing it.

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #7 of 33 Old Feb 8th, 2007, 1:35 pm

Thumbs up Two hot tips in one thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpancerz
If you know the channel for Speed TV and the specific date/time, you can manually enter it for TiVO to record. A bit more of a chore than selecting from the guide that's downloaded, but at least it'll be in there.
This worked for me as well with my DISH DVR. Thanks!
post #8 of 33 Old Feb 9th, 2007, 7:27 am

Epic Ride In TiVO Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
This worked for me as well with my DISH DVR. Thanks!
Not a problem Joe. Glad I could throw out that suggestion.

I just checked and as of this morning, my TiVO shows Epic Ride in the list of available programs to record. Got a Season Pass secured. Speed TV, channel 607 for those of you subscribing to the greatness of DirecTV.

My best,

DWP
post #9 of 33 Old Feb 21st, 2007, 11:25 am

I watched the first (I think) show this morning off of my DVR. It sucked! Two custom bike builders take three "normal" people on a few hundred mile ride through the desert (in the winter apparently) on cruisers with tiny gas tanks and less than optimal gear. So it was one complaint after another about running out of gas, or being cold and most every road filmed was straight and flat. How interesting!

As I watched, I kept thinking about the guy who showed up on his GS with BMW gear and had to give it up for what the advertisers paid to promote on the show. I'm sure that 50 miles into it, he was wishing he had his own ride under him!

The best part was when Roland Sands had is bike die and he admitted that "if you have a custom bike, you will have problems"

Next week looks like an off road ride in Baja, so it might be better.

I had such high hopes...

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
post #10 of 33 Old Feb 21st, 2007, 4:57 pm

I haven't seen a show so stupid since Bill Goldburg did a series a couple of years ago. I know those roads like the back of my hand and if those people did not have a support trailer they would still be out there.

Everybody in SoCal knows that Roy's Diner is closed and nobody stops there. Also if one of those idiots blew out a tire doing burnouts in Amboy, Ca. the dumb SOB's are 50-100mi. in any direction from getting a new tire. Oh, I forgot they had a support trailer.

Last edited by brucecha; Feb 21st, 2007 at 5:42 pm.
post #11 of 33 Old Feb 21st, 2007, 5:15 pm

Saw the episode last night and enjoyed the fact that Roland Sands, riding his own newly built bike first of all runs out of gas, then he could not get it started. So they put it on the trailer and he had to ride one of the Yahama cruisers. What a blow to his ego!!!

Bruce
Rowlett, TX
2010 Gold Wing
'00 Canyon Red - Sold

post #12 of 33 Old Feb 21st, 2007, 6:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWphreak
I watched the first (I think) show this morning off of my DVR. It sucked! Two custom bike builders take three "normal" people on a few hundred mile ride through the desert (in the winter apparently) on cruisers with tiny gas tanks and less than optimal gear. So it was one complaint after another about running out of gas, or being cold and most every road filmed was straight and flat. How interesting!

As I watched, I kept thinking about the guy who showed up on his GS with BMW gear and had to give it up for what the advertisers paid to promote on the show. I'm sure that 50 miles into it, he was wishing he had his own ride under him!

The best part was when Roland Sands had is bike die and he admitted that "if you have a custom bike, you will have problems"

Next week looks like an off road ride in Baja, so it might be better.

I had such high hopes...
That about sums it up for me too. What a waste.
They managed to get everything I dislike in one show: Custom builders, Bling bikes, Burning tires, Bad outfits and Vegas.

Mick
'00LT Canyon red "Miss Ruby"
'99 LT Basalt grey "Coyote"
post #13 of 33 Old Feb 21st, 2007, 7:49 pm

I just loved the comments thrown at the gal who rode her BMW R100GS to the start point: (1) "I see you ride a BMW, but I won't hold that against you"; (2) "Don't your ankles get hot riding that bike?"; and (3) same as (1) - again. What a crap show. Makes the crap custom chopper shows look good.

- Bob

Cowboy Bob Menton

Greenville SC USA
'07 K1200GT, '83 R80S (nee '83 R80RT)
'86 Honda CH-250 scooter (original owner)
"You can never escape the FOG (Fast Old Guys)"
post #14 of 33 Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:14 am

The gal rode in on a Buell Ulysses.

Not what I call an Epic ride more of a parade than anything, can't wait for them to cruise a mall parking lot. I'll scan the next few on Tivo to see if it improves with age, I gave it 3 thumbs down on Tivo.
post #15 of 33 Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 1:38 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Great Idea - Could be Better

I watched the first show. It is shot very poorly or on purpose to look like it was poorly shot.

The idea is great. I am going to add the route they took to Vegas to my list of rides to make.

Hopefully, they will improve with each episode, otherwise, I don't see it lasting long.
post #16 of 33 Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 3:20 pm
BMW Guru

That first episode SUCKED. There is just nothing interesting about riding a few cruisers on a straight paved highway to Vegas.

I'll give ole' Ricky one more shot since the next episode is in Baja and I love riding in Baja!! If he screws that up then I'm done...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #17 of 33 Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 5:55 pm

I posted on this subject once and I am still teed off.

These idiots are supposed to be telling a story to knowledgeable people. What the hell happened to that part of the show. They just insulted my intelligence.

Sorry for the vent. Still teed off.
post #18 of 33 Old Feb 24th, 2007, 6:36 am

Do you really expect Speed TV, i.e. the NASCAR channel, to do a really good job on motorcycle shows? Their Two-Wheel Tuesday programming needs someone that understands what motorcycling is really about.

It's too bad that Dave Despain has switched over the the 4-wheeled side, as he used to be a really big motorcyclist. But I guess you go where your bread is buttered.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #19 of 33 Old Feb 24th, 2007, 8:43 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhudson
That first episode SUCKED. There is just nothing interesting about riding a few cruisers on a straight paved highway to Vegas.

I'll give ole' Ricky one more shot since the next episode is in Baja and I love riding in Baja!! If he screws that up then I'm done...
That's one more than I'm giving them. I just don't see how they can turn that show into something worth watching. I don't think I got to the 15-minute mark before deleting it.
post #20 of 33 Old Feb 24th, 2007, 10:31 am

I'm right there with Joe, the show was a massive disappointment although I endured the entire 30 minutes. Not only was the content poor, but the MTV type camera footage/angles and the constant graphic of the red RPM gauge resetting the scene literally drove me crazy.

As someone else stated earlier, such a fine idea on paper. How could they have messed it up so badly?

Season Pass canceled....

David
post #21 of 33 Old Feb 27th, 2007, 9:29 pm
BMW Guru

Just watched episode two, "Baja" Wasn't much better than the 1st show. I've done a fair amount of riding down there and they didn't even scratch the surface of how cool it is. Ricky should know better too. He's been racing down there forever. If any of you wants to see something better on Baja and the race, check out the movie "Dust to Glory" He did a MUCH better job with that...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #22 of 33 Old Feb 28th, 2007, 7:02 am

Quote:

as they got ready for the epic ride they all had to turn in thier gear for the "shows" sponsered gear, all black

it wil turn 100% crusier quickly

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #23 of 33 Old Feb 28th, 2007, 7:04 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhudson

particularly since one of them rides a GS

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #24 of 33 Old Feb 28th, 2007, 9:37 am
Lifetime Supporter

Smile Epic more like Boring

I've watch the first two episodes now, and they sucked. I thought maybe from the title it would be something like the Long Way Round, not truly EPIC but closer than riding to Las Vegas on a V-Star, or 120 mile day in Baja (fun but not EPIC). The shame is that the people that they chose for the most part seem to be ready and able for a real Epic Ride.

--Bo
2013 Magma Red R1200GSA
2012 Candy Apple Red R1200R
2007 (2006 Blue Panels) R1200GS (RIP Poteau, OK)
2006 Graphite K1200GT (sold)
2002 Titan Silver LT (sold)

Don't Panic!
Achtung! böse Eichhörnchen!
post #25 of 33 Old Feb 28th, 2007, 10:23 am
Rider Journeyman

Here's a "cut and paste" of the schedule:

Destination: Baja
Wed,....................Feb 28, 9:30AM
Destination: Baja
, Sat,....................Mar 3,... 8:00AM
Destination: Las Vegas Sat,............Mar 3,..10:00PM
Destination: Baja Sat, ......................Mar 3,..10:30PM
Destination: Baja Sun, .....................Mar 4,.....4:30PM
Destination: Willow Springs Tue, Mar 6,....9:30PM
Destination: Willow Springs Tue, Mar 6,.....1:30AM
Destination: Willow Springs Wed, Mar 7,...9:30AM
Destination: Willow Springs Sat,...Mar 10,..8:00AM
Destination: Costa Rica
Tue,.............Mar 13,..9:30PM
Destination: Costa Rica Tue,.............Mar 13,..1:30AM
Destination: Costa Rica Wed,.......... Mar 14,..9:30AM
Destination: Costa Rica Sat,.............Mar 17,...8:00AM

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #26 of 33 Old Feb 28th, 2007, 5:17 pm

Next week is the episode that my friend Gina is on, she is the salesperson at Long Beach BMW. She had fun but was not real happy with the shoot. She hoped it would turn out ok.

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #27 of 33 Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 7:49 pm

Lame, Lame and more lame

What a boring piece of crap show!

Quote:

looking around for a possible replacement

2001 K1200 LTC Mauve (Hi-Way Star) may she rest in peace!

CCR'2001 Hotsprings, AR., Sante Fe, NM., Gatlinberg, TN.
Breckinridge, CO., Grand Teton Nat. Prk, WY.
Chateau Elan, GA., Tan-a-Tar-A missed it!
post #28 of 33 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 5:35 pm
Rider Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrehder
What a boring piece of crap show!
Agreed. I'll give it one more chance, if it doesn't improve I'm deleting the "series recording" on the DVR.

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #29 of 33 Old Mar 6th, 2007, 8:02 pm

Maybe some of you have never watched a sitcom for a half an hour before?
It's at least as good as any old sitcom. Erroneous, unsubstantiated and incorrect views can be great comedy. And of course, all the stupid stuff. I sure like it better than some of the other motorcycle shows. Most of the camera shots on 'Epic' are outdoors riding. Several of the other bike shows are indoors wrenching, not wriding.

Roger
BMW R1100RT '00
HumpDayDinnerClub

post #30 of 33 Old Mar 7th, 2007, 12:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatson
Next week is the episode that my friend Gina is on, she is the salesperson at Long Beach BMW. She had fun but was not real happy with the shoot. She hoped it would turn out ok.
I watched last night's episode at Willow Springs with Gina in it - she seems like a very cool lady - she definitely showed those fellows how to ride! I thought last night's show was much better than the previous ones. Hopefully it will continue to improve.

Dean and Deb
Golden, CO

post #31 of 33 Old Mar 7th, 2007, 2:49 pm

Gina was the best thing in 3 episodes.
1st half of show is always lame scripted talk about riding and 2nd half about getting everyone to say "epic ride" atleast once or twice.
This show is so BAD it's going to be hard NOT to watch.

Mick
'00LT Canyon red "Miss Ruby"
'99 LT Basalt grey "Coyote"
post #32 of 33 Old Mar 7th, 2007, 9:55 pm

I'd say Gina was the best two things on the show! I couldn't help but notice the camera position when she wore the tank top...

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
post #33 of 33 Old Mar 8th, 2007, 9:09 am

Man, this show absolutely sucks. I tried it for 2 episodes, but it is painful. I will be truly amazed of it lasts. The name "Epic Rides" led me to believe that we were going to be taken on some really nice road rides, possible on different types of bikes each episode. I have no desire to watch riders learning track technique. Almost as boring as watching a NASCAR race.

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in