Victory Vision Release - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 8:15 am Thread Starter

Victory Vision Release

Victory has announced the release of their "Vision" Touring motorcycle. Should be interesting bike. Don't know that I will give up my LT anytime soon but I do like the way they are going.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-...Vision/Models/

Any Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vision3.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	9458   Click image for larger version

Name:	vision4.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	9459  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 8:22 am

That is so wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin. YUK!

And I rarely say that about any motorcycle. But HICHEEMOMMA!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	843
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	9461  

Last edited by messenger13; Jan 19th, 2007 at 8:41 am.
post #3 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 8:43 am

Here's another link to more:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?pa...NEWS_NEW-BIKES

Adam
2006 K1200LT 2001 Kawi KLR650
The
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wants YOU!

post #4 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 9:14 am

Man its ugly.....

David

2003 K1200 LTC Anthracite
post #5 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 9:24 am

Uh...that's going to take some getting used to. Hopefully, I'll never grow to like it.

Is there a wheelie bar?

pg

www.ducatidesigns.com
post #6 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 10:10 am

That's not just ugly but full blow FUGLY!

Looks like a Goldwing 1500 mated with a 58 T Bird, talk about a birth defect..

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #7 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 11:17 am

Ah, he who lives in a glass house should not cast stones! Design beauty is VERY subjective. I'm sure many will find the Vision appealing and to them I say, enjoy!

Of course this is just my opinion...

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
post #8 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 11:23 am
Lifetime Supporter

YUK and . . . YUK,YUK,YUK,YUK,YUK,YUK,YUK,YUK,YUK,YUCKY

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #9 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 11:28 am
Bandit

gotta give them credit

don't think it's my cup of tea (i'll wait 'til i see it in person) but you gotta give the company credit for thinking out of the box. i can see at least one big innovation: the pivot point for the side bags.

no one will mistake the bike for anything else, and i think that takes some corporate cojones.
post #10 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 11:36 am

Question

I know that beauty is subjective... but that is NO Carmen Electra!!!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #11 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 11:36 am

Smile

I think it kinda looks like a V-Twin version of the LT !!!!

Design is very subjective and ever changing. This is a bold step outside the box. I give them credit for that..

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973

post #12 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 11:39 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmctpdog
I think it kinda looks like a V-Twin version of the LT !!!!

Design is very subjective and ever changing. This is a bold step outside the box. I give them credit for that..
+1

There is a LOT of the LT in that bike if you look closely.

My gut reaction was YUK!!!!!

...but the more I look at it, the less I hate it. It has some really cool features (notice the cruise light on the dash and the iPod dock?).

Todd R.
Grapevine, TX USA

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"You will now be thrown into the Obamaucracy. In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly taxed to death over the next four years."
post #13 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 11:51 am

The looks I can live with. Now tell me about crusie control, electrical power (wattage), abs, windshield, stereo, etc.... I noticed it is air cooled, a negative for me
post #14 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 11:56 am

That's one FUGLY monster, but stylish nonetheless, with a face only Furby could love.

The little round chrome port on the front makes the bike look like Mr. Bill after he gets sodomized by Sluggo.

At least it has a frame mounted fairing instead of the P.O.S. bat-wing on the competitor's Erectra Gride or BMW's defunct R-CLC.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
post #15 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 12:19 pm

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhd
+1

There is a LOT of the LT in that bike if you look closely.

My gut reaction was YUK!!!!!

...but the more I look at it, the less I hate it. It has some really cool features (notice the cruise light on the dash and the iPod dock?).
+1 I think they looked at the LT and warped it with V in mind, it Looks a lot like the love child of an LT and a HD Ultra Classic.

--Bo
2013 Magma Red R1200GSA
2012 Candy Apple Red R1200R
2007 (2006 Blue Panels) R1200GS (RIP Poteau, OK)
2006 Graphite K1200GT (sold)
2002 Titan Silver LT (sold)

Don't Panic!
Achtung! böse Eichhörnchen!
post #16 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 2:19 pm

I am surprised no one mentioned the resemblence of the headlight and rear view
mirror housing to the current RT.

From some angles the bikes look futuristic but some elements are bizzare, like the
rear overhang, kind of like an old RV.

Still a thumbs up to Victory for making something new and functional, instead of
crap like this
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nemesis.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	9463  
post #17 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 2:20 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixchard
The looks I can live with. Now tell me about crusie control, electrical power (wattage), abs, windshield, stereo, etc.... I noticed it is air cooled, a negative for me

Not air cooled, all Vic's are oil cooled. As a matter of fact in 2002 they shrank the size of the oil cooler because the previous larger cooler was to much. I have the LT and love the bike, but also ride a Victory Hammer in Tucson. Never had a problem with over heating and when you change the oil (5.5 qrts in the Hammer) you change it for the entire bike, tranny and all.
I do like the look of the bike, and they were definately going for something outside of the box. I was struck by how the handlebars and other parts resemble the LT.
post #18 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 2:22 pm
fas

Talking Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem
Victory has announced the release of their "Vision" Touring motorcycle. Should be interesting bike. Don't know that I will give up my LT anytime soon but I do like the way they are going.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-...Vision/Models/

Any Thoughts?
A twin in a USA version of LT? Specifications are TDB, so who knows about power to weight and lean angles. Think I'll stick to the silky smooth power and nimbleness of my GT, thank you. Victory is trying to steal HD customers, I believe. After I ride it, maybe I'll change my mind. But, I think it is a go straight, go slow, no helmet, jeans and T shirt, cigarrette smoking while you cruise kinda ride.

I hope they sell a ton of them and make a great profit.

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #19 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 2:53 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fas
A twin in a USA version of LT? Specifications are TDB, so who knows about power to weight and lean angles. Think I'll stick to the silky smooth power and nimbleness of my GT, thank you. Victory is trying to steal HD customers, I believe. After I ride it, maybe I'll change my mind. But, I think it is a go straight, go slow, no helmet, jeans and T shirt, cigarrette smoking while you cruise kinda ride.

I hope they sell a ton of them and make a great profit.
Feel like I'm trying to defend the bike or something. All Victories have more hp and torque than any bike in their class (V-Twin). The 100cu (1634CC)engine which is standard with a 6 speed overdrive tranny puts out around 92Hp and 100 ft. pounds of torque right out of the box. Very powerful bikes. I know it's apples to oranges but my last Vic cruiser would stop my LT in the ground, but the LT is a hell of a bike (that's why I have it instead of the V92C). I can answer most any question you have on Vics. They left the "to be announced" in the specs to try to keep ahead of the competition who modify their bikes after Vic releases one (re-make of the V-Rod after the Hammer came out).

Still love my LT guys and I won't be riding the Vision for a few years.
post #20 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 3:13 pm

At least Victory is doing a lot in their designs to get away from the oh so boring V-twin normalcy. I don't care for that long rear angled overhang at all though, to me that is the worst part of the design. If they would straighten up the rear of the side cases and bring them more in line with the top case on the tourer model, then it would look a lot better, not to mention gaining a LOT of side case storage space.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #21 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 3:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantan
I am surprised no one mentioned the resemblence of the headlight and rear view mirror housing to the current RT.
Actually, I bit my tongue on this one. I thought the front end looks a lot like the new RT or GT . . . just stretched out.

As for defending Victory, I think they've done a great job with their bikes. If I were to buy a cruiser, I would have to decide between a V-Rod and the Victory 8-Ball. I've ridden an 8-Ball and thought it would be great to have just for around town. Oh to be a rich man!
post #22 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 3:38 pm

I had a V92C and loved it! It was powerful, smooth, and not a Harley. However, it needed better brakes, suspension, and more lean angle. On the other hand, Victory already made that bike, it was called the Sport Cruiser. It was dropped as very few people saw the charm in a bike that looked a lot like a cruiser but was more functional.

I've seen what Victory has done over the years and been very impressed. I also met Mark Blackwell, who is now the Vice President of Victory Motorcycles, and he impressed me as someone who truly cares about bringing innovative products to the market. He's also operating in an environment that did in Excelsior-Henderson and Indian. All three of these companies have gone down very different paths except for one thing, that all tried to be the “second” American bike company. Victory has to make the transitions to more innovative machines in a measured approach. Give them time, they’ll deliver.

That said, LT owners really aren't Vic's target market, are they? Aside from age and income, they are looking for the cruiser set.

All in all, I like the Vision and wish Vic well. I think they have a great looking bike there and I’d buy one if I were in the market for a touring/cruiser.

Peter Tessin
2002 Champagne
post #23 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 4:02 pm
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger
That said, LT owners really aren't Vic's target market, are they? Aside from age and income, they are looking for the cruiser set.
not sure i agree. i have several friends who either own both harleys and BMWs, or who transition back and forth between the two. they may have more in common demographically than you might think.

the more i look at the victory the more i like it. love the idea of having a bike that looks like nothing else that's out there. curious to see the final stats on the bike.

i'll bet it will be VERY expensive. even stripped vics are pricey.
post #24 of 83 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 4:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit
i'll bet it will be VERY expensive. even stripped vics are pricey.
My V92C was $12k, OTD. You can't touch a decent, new V-Twin for that kind of money, never mind a new Vic. Yeah, I agree with you on that, I'm betting they aren't going to be afraid to ask for money.

Peter Tessin
2002 Champagne
post #25 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 8:25 am

I like the look and read that it will have an op. elect. windshield. Can not wait until I see one. Like to ride one too once it comes out.
post #26 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 8:35 am

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas42
+1 I think they looked at the LT and warped it with V in mind, it Looks a lot like the love child of an LT and a HD Ultra Classic.

That was my first thought, but the more I look at it it does not look too bad.
Has anyone seen one at the MC shows ? (even though not released until Q4 of 07)

Somebody slap me :_P

Rich Kirker
2002 LTC Pacific Blue
Caliper Moto Lights, Hyper light brake lights, Spiegler brake lines, Ride West side markers, Grip puppies, HyperPro Springs and CA HID Kit.
BMWMOA #124306
2009 Honda Shadow (Wife's)
Blue & Pearl
"Well It’s not rocket science but absolutely a nightmare. At the end of the day you had a fairly unique situation that I personally at this moment in time could see me having as well 24/7. With all due respect, it shouldn’t of happened."
post #27 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 8:48 am

Ohhh... man they need to put some lights in the design studio or something.... ugh.

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
post #28 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 9:31 am

CLICK HERE to be reminded of what happens to really 'cutting edge' cruisers in North America's market place. Whether you hate this bike (the Vision) or love it, I just don't think it'll sell. But time's a great story teller. Who knows? Maybe America is finally getting tired of the Harley look, and they're ready for something different. But I'm not betting the house on it.
post #29 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 9:52 am
fas

Perhaps a Victory when I slow down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Actually, I bit my tongue on this one. I thought the front end looks a lot like the new RT or GT . . . just stretched out.

As for defending Victory, I think they've done a great job with their bikes. If I were to buy a cruiser, I would have to decide between a V-Rod and the Victory 8-Ball. I've ridden an 8-Ball and thought it would be great to have just for around town. Oh to be a rich man!
I agree with Joe. Be a really rich man, like JAY LENO, and own many. Some pals do that with women, like Bob Bondurant. Bob is in divorce #8. YIKES! How confident could wife #9 be?

I applaud Victory for their design initiatives and power advances. HD has soaked a ton of folks selling KA-ROME, heavy-low-power bikes with small brakes. Maybe in a few years when I start to slow down I'll jump on a Victory. The weight hanging out over the back is not logical for me as an engineer who rides. Kinda like girls too. I don't want too much weight on the rear.

Design excellence manages to be timeless, see attached. I congratulate any firms/individuals pushing for superior design. I hope, as new designs evolve, the performance attributes are not marginalized.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	07wrightgroot.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	9476  

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #30 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 10:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirker
That was my first thought, but the more I look at it it does not look too bad.
Has anyone seen one at the MC shows ? (even though not released until Q4 of 07)

Somebody slap me :_P
Just trying to be helpful here, Consider yourself slapped.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #31 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 12:34 pm

Quote:
Feel like I'm trying to defend the bike or something. All Victories have more hp and torque than any bike in their class (V-Twin). The 100cu (1634CC)engine which is standard with a 6 speed overdrive tranny puts out around 92Hp and 100 ft. pounds of torque right out of the box. Very powerful bikes. I know it's apples to oranges but my last Vic cruiser would stop my LT in the ground, but the LT is a hell of a bike (that's why I have it instead of the V92C). I can answer most any question you have on Vics. They left the "to be announced" in the specs to try to keep ahead of the competition who modify their bikes after Vic releases one (re-make of the V-Rod after the Hammer came out).

Still love my LT guys and I won't be riding the Vision for a few years.
Hey Clem ... Fellow VMC'r ....

I must call the BS flag here . As an owner of a Custom Victory Kingpin , AND an LT at the same time ...

My 100ci. KingPin puts out a dyno confirmed 105 hp and 110 ftlbs of torque to the rear wheel now ... and as much as I love it .... it sure the hell aint stomping jack shit when it comes to my LT. Maybe through an intersection ... but as soon as the first shift comes into play the K1200LT will catch up and by the next shift pass. By 100 miles per hour the KingPin is a good 5-10 bike lengths back.

I've ridden my LT with Vics and Harley's of every configuration and when on the highway and hitting the gas , I'm constantly having to apply brakes to not run them over.

These are totally different animals. Whether or not Victory has geared the new Vision for touring remains a mystery but you will RARELY find any VTWIN that will stomp a sufficiently powered 4 cylinder of most any configuration.

Your memory of your LT (One you never mentioned ever to my recollection on the VMC so IMO this is pure BS at this point) is very skewd to say the least.
post #32 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 12:43 pm

Quote:
CLICK HERE to be reminded of what happens to really 'cutting edge' cruisers in North America's market place. Whether you hate this bike (the Vision) or love it, I just don't think it'll sell. But time's a great story teller. Who knows? Maybe America is finally getting tired of the Harley look, and they're ready for something different. But I'm not betting the house on it.
I think the problem with the R1200's was they underpowered them. I personally loved the traditional looks brought into the 21st century design.
post #33 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 1:21 pm
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petre

I must call the BS flag here . As an owner of a Custom Victory Kingpin , AND an LT at the same time ...
really nice looking bike, petre. but i'm surprised that, at 100 bhp, it won't outrun an LT, which is rated at less horsepower and which hauls a lot more weight.
post #34 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 1:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit
really nice looking bike, petre. but i'm surprised that, at 100 bhp, it won't outrun an LT, which is rated at less horsepower and which hauls a lot more weight.
There's more too it than just raw HP ... The KP is a hell of a tire burner. But the way the BMW is geared and more importantly wind resistance or lack there of which plays a huge factor as you hit 50 , 60 , 70 mph and so on.

For shear twisting power , the Victory wins ... but out on the highway , it's no contest.

Last ride I did to Sturgis we had a pack of many different bikes .... I was the lone BMW . The only bike in our group that could keep pace with me was a Vrod.
post #35 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 1:57 pm

Quote:
Last ride I did to Sturgis we had a pack of many different bikes .... I was the lone BMW . The only bike in our group that could keep pace with me was a Vrod.
Let's not bring any of the Slant 4 BMW riders into the mix though. Ask DaveDragon what happened when he (on his LT) and his friend Jimmy (on an 1800 GW) tried keeping up with my GT.

Three words: Buh Bye!
post #36 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 2:09 pm

Quote:
Let's not bring any of the Slant 4 BMW riders into the mix though. Ask DaveDragon what happened when he (on his LT) and his friend Jimmy (on an 1800 GW) tried keeping up with my GT.

Three words: Buh Bye!
Well now ... once again ... you're talking about a totally different animal. In this case a BEAST. I hope they pull the trigger ion the next LT and put those bad boys in em. Then LT's can say "Buh Bye!" to the wingers too.
post #37 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 2:09 pm Thread Starter

Quote:

These are totally different animals. Whether or not Victory has geared the new Vision for touring remains a mystery but you will RARELY find any VTWIN that will stomp a sufficiently powered 4 cylinder of most any configuration.

Your memory of your LT (One you never mentioned ever to my recollection on the VMC so IMO this is pure BS at this point) is very skewd to say the least.
My My: I would admit that up near 100mph the LT is fine but there is no way my LT will stay up with the Hammer from 0 - 100. Something about torque. I will say that my LT is a 99 and maybe that's the difference. Haven't ridden on a newer model. But the LT does handle much better than by Vic. The LT has more HP, less torque and weighs around 200 pounds more (fueled up). A v-twin will never keep up with a V-4 in the upper end. I'll attach a couple pic's of my LT just so you know I'm not BSing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	side1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	455.6 KB
ID:	9477   Click image for larger version

Name:	megood.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	719.9 KB
ID:	9478  
post #38 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 2:13 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Definitely a funky style, and one that would take some getting used to.

Looks like they'll have it on display at the rest of the International Motorcycle Shows.

Dates
Jan. 19-21, 2007 New York, NY
Jan. 26-28, 2007 Cleveland, OH
Feb. 2-4, 2007 Minneapolis, MN
Feb. 9-11, 2007 Chicago, IL
Feb. 23-25, 2007 Atlanta, GA

Bike Week
Mar. 2-11, 2007 Daytona Beach, FL

They're also doing a webcast from the NY show today at 4 p.m. Eastern time, in case anyone's interested.

I'm not sure it's my thing, but it would be interesting to ride. OF course, I also want to ride the Moto Guzzi Norge as well. Doubt that I'd buy either one, but sometimes it's fun just to look.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #39 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 2:49 pm

Why you thillie braggart!

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #40 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Quote:
My My: I would admit that up near 100mph the LT is fine but there is no way my LT will stay up with the Hammer from 0 - 100. Something about torque. I will say that my LT is a 99 and maybe that's the difference. Haven't ridden on a newer model. But the LT does handle much better than by Vic. The LT has more HP, less torque and weighs around 200 pounds more (fueled up). A v-twin will never keep up with a V-4 in the upper end. I'll attach a couple pic's of my LT just so you know I'm not BSing.
Sorry Clem ... your Hammer won't keep up with a Kingpin let alone the LT .

I've ridden them all and own two right now and side by side , it's no contest. Definately not to 100. Not even to 70. I've actually tested this side by side letting my buddy ride one and swapping back and forth for rider error.

The Hammer (and Jackpot) is the slowest bike Vic makes due to the mass of the rear tire.

Make no mistake .... I am a huge Victory fan and will be making custom parts for them For Sale this spring. But I'm also going to keep it real.

Part of the reason the Vic won't keep up is it's simply not as free spinning , you lugging bigger jugs and shifting at near half the RPM's. My K1200lt does 60 in first gear. By 2nd I'm already in a range where the Vic is fighting major wind resistance. By 3rd gear it's no contest.

If you think wind resistance or the lack there of isn't a huge equalizer than think again. On the Dyno My Kingpin did 151 mph .... hitting that in about 20 seconds. It would never come close to reproducing that on the street or strip.

If you actually have an LT then my apologies. Don't ever recall you mentioning it on VMC. But if you do I'm surprised you subscribe to the notion that the Hammer would take an LT to 100. I'd take that bet any day.

151 mph on the dyno per the computer read out . Speedo only does 120

Last edited by Petre; Jan 20th, 2007 at 3:22 pm.
post #41 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 5:51 pm

Garage
I was at the show yesterday. The bike was received by mixed reviews by the crowd. You had the Harley guys bashing the entire brand, you had those who marveled at the design and appreciated the risk the company was taking.
The Corporate Reps. were mum regarding the specs of the bike (engine,price, torque, etc.).

My thoughts- this is a bike inspired by the LT. From the seat, the tank is very narrow and then widens. The controls are sleek and blend into the design rather than distract from it. One of my buddies stated that it reminded him of on of his favorite "position" when with his girlfriend (Yes, that was a visual image I didn't need to have in my head).

I was surprised at the lack of storage. The topcase was smaller than the LT and was probably about the size of small GIVI. The sidebags for their size were tiny! There was no way you could fit a helmet in one-a small back pack or tool set maybe. Considering how long they are on the bike, I was shocked at the small storage compartment.

The price? The buzz by the crowd prices this anywhere from 20-24G.

The BMW and Honda have nothing to worry about. They are head and shoulders better than this bike.

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

Last edited by RVB1019; Jan 20th, 2007 at 7:06 pm.
post #42 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 6:30 pm

Quote:
That is so wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin. YUK!

And I rarely say that about any motorcycle. But HICHEEMOMMA!!!
Well maybe I smoked one to many today, but does that look like Yoda?
Rock

Last edited by UncleRock; Jan 20th, 2007 at 6:40 pm.
post #43 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 9:49 pm
Bouncer

Here's a video from Raptors & Rockets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFRqSAJx0_8

And here is the rest of the story

http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/New...08_Victory.htm

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #44 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Richard and Kyle Petty were sitting on the bikes in the display just before the show opened at 2 PM, doing an interview. You might see them riding this new Victory in their cross country charity run this year.
post #45 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 9:57 pm
Bouncer

I do have to say that this bike just seems to be a clash of styling. Old school wrapped up in an a XGames kind of way. It's not for me.

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #46 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 11:19 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
I think the Raptors & Rockets video sort of says it all. The music is familiar, but something just doesn't quite fit. That about sums up the bike for me. But hey, someone's gotta push the limits, and like the man in the Victory video says, competition is good for the consumer.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #47 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 11:28 pm
Bouncer

Here's the official Victory Vision site

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-...on/Experience/

-
post #48 of 83 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 11:41 pm
Bouncer

Okay, after looking at it up close on the Victory site. It's missing something. Like a "real" engine. LOL!!! Slap in a flying brick or the new K40 engine, and I think you get a good start. Fix that laid back seating (asking for an accident in the twisties) to something a little more upright. And that big "V" tail light has to go.

-
post #49 of 83 Old Jan 21st, 2007, 5:00 am
THE Democracy Doctor

Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Victory Vision Release

WOW! The street is striking! I imagine such a beast would come with all the toys.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
post #50 of 83 Old Jan 21st, 2007, 5:12 am
THE Democracy Doctor

Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
I know that beauty is subjective... but that is NO Carmen Electra!!!
Whew!......Thank you! For a second I thought the bike would debut having been ridden over a thousand times! Sorry!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in