BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

What's this?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  HenryLT 
#1 ·
I posted this on the 1600 forum and someone got it very quickly. Hint: I dropped my bike yesterday.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Give that man a prize [emoji471].

The Helite vest worked as advertised. At first I didn't think about them and thought I was hurt because I was having trouble breathing and it was hard to move. Then I saw Jan's was inflated and I knew why.

It used to be that when I dropped the bike it only cost a little pride and a little bit of touch up paint for the side case guard bars. This time it costs $60 to replace two Helite vest cartridges. I also scratched up the visor on my helmet when I hit the payment - - $90. This little drop in the parking lot ended up costing $150 [emoji20].

#6 ·
I dropped in the parking lot pulling into a parking place. I really don't know why but it leaned enough that I couldn't how it up. There is only about a foot of slack in the tether on the vests so you don't have to fall far from the bike for them to deploy. It would probably be ok to adjust more slack so they wouldn't be deployed unless you are thrown clear of the bike but I would better they go off too soon than too late.

At the MOA Rally Jan agreed to let the Helite rep demonstrate the vest with her wearing it, so she knew what had happened when it went off. I, on the other hand, at first thought something was wrong with me because I was having trouble breathing. The first time experiencing it is a surprise.

Reactions: JStrube
#7 ·
Well, parking lots are a dangerous place for motorcycles and should just be outlawed!
Glad you are both OK, and tell Jan she took your breath away... again!:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.