Winter ride time? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Jan 8th, 2007, 7:40 pm Thread Starter

Winter ride time?

How long before the first rally? Every time I get close to the highway, I have to fight my LT to keep it from turning onto the highway and going. And that is just getting close. When I actually have to cross the highway, it is all I can do to keep her down and under control. She feels a need for freedom. Not just this putting around town. I did go out New Years Day with the CMA group and had a nice ride of 45 miles one way but that made it worse. I envy ya-all that live south of Oklahoma. Can't wait for a little spring time weather & February isn't even here yet. SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jan 8th, 2007, 8:25 pm

I hear ya.. and here in Montana it's goin to get pretty darn frigid the next
couple days..like zero and below frigid..brrr
no worries tho..got a nice big fireplace to keep warm...oh, and nice av

Don
post #3 of 10 Old Jan 8th, 2007, 8:32 pm

Long Way Home

Could be worse, 81 deg. and had to use the A/C in the Hemi today on the way home from work. I know don't say anything it's a Monday thing. Tomorrow temp supposed to be 80. Blue and I will take the long way home.

Craig Hutchison
02 Pac Blue (Aka Blue Ox)
34į 14í 12.63 N
119į 01í 21.64 W

Why coast through Life when you can Corner it.

post #4 of 10 Old Jan 8th, 2007, 8:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomadman
Could be worse, 81 deg. and had to use the A/C in the Hemi today on the way home from work. I know don't say anything it's a Monday thing. Tomorrow temp supposed to be 80. Blue and I will take the long way home.
Brrr..I mean, Grrr
post #5 of 10 Old Jan 8th, 2007, 9:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by donscoin
How long before the first rally? Every time I get close to the highway, I have to fight my LT to keep it from turning onto the highway and going. And that is just getting close. When I actually have to cross the highway, it is all I can do to keep her down and under control. She feels a need for freedom. Not just this putting around town. I did go out New Years Day with the CMA group and had a nice ride of 45 miles one way but that made it worse. I envy ya-all that live south of Oklahoma. Can't wait for a little spring time weather & February isn't even here yet. SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don
We're riding Saturday, lunch Q at the Hard 8 and pie at the Kaffe Kup. See the Q thread in South Central. Leaving N.Dallas area about 9:30 or 10:00, WX permitting. Come on down!

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old Jan 9th, 2007, 11:11 am
fas

pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy5211
We're riding Saturday, lunch Q at the Hard 8 and pie at the Kaffe Kup. See the Q thread in South Central. Leaving N.Dallas area about 9:30 or 10:00, WX permitting. Come on down!
Tony,

I'd love to but I'm tryin' to avoid pie!

Must be something to this global warming stuff, I rode to work December 29 and January 4. Here next to Canada that does not happen too often during the last week of December and the first week of January.

You Texas boys are lucky being closer to the equator. Plus, Renee Zellweger was born in Katy, Texas.

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #7 of 10 Old Jan 9th, 2007, 12:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fas
Plus, Renee Zellweger was born in Katy, Texas.
Yeah, there is that!

I've not had the pie, but am gonna give it my best shot. . .

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #8 of 10 Old Jan 9th, 2007, 1:02 pm

Hang in ther Don - we're almost through the worst of it! This weekend looks bad though.

In the spring we'll ought to set up a RTE and maybe we can get some of the OK area guys to turn out (they usually do) - tried to do that in Dec (same weekend as the Blizzard!). Probably need to do it before Jspen gets hitched...
post #9 of 10 Old Jan 9th, 2007, 6:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfxray
Hang in ther Don - we're almost through the worst of it! This weekend looks bad though.

In the spring we'll ought to set up a RTE and maybe we can get some of the OK area guys to turn out (they usually do) - tried to do that in Dec (same weekend as the Blizzard!). Probably need to do it before Jspen gets hitched...

Make sure you post when you get a "northern" ride together. Some of us in the D/FW area have talked about heading up your way once you thaw out.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

and many, many others.

post #10 of 10 Old Jan 9th, 2007, 6:34 pm

Dang! In Denver there's 20" on the ground (after some melt) plus 10-12" more this coming Friday-Saturday!

I can't even get out of my garage and if I could------there is no way to make it down my street because of hardpacked snow and ice.

Oh well, this is really the first year (in the past nine or so) that I was unable to ride for consecutive weeks (three now and counting!).

Of course, this year I didn't put any StaBil in my tanks. Just topped them to the brims.

DAMN SNOW!!!

Mike M

2007 K1200GT Dark Graphite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in