BMW System V helmet - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jan 7th, 2007, 2:42 pm Thread Starter
Just ridin'

BMW System V helmet

Years ago I ordered a BMW helmet from Chilis in the UK. They apparently are no longer around. Do any of you know of another company that will ship a BMW helmet to the US? Or is there any other creative way of getting one. The largest Shuberth imported into the US is the 62cm model and the BMW system helmets are not imported into the uS or Canada. The 63/64 is likely the size I would wear. Since I cannot get a DOT certified Shuberth, I would rather try to get the BMW.

If you have any ideas I would be interested.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jan 7th, 2007, 2:57 pm

Hi Randy,

pm me with size, colour (ok, color !!) and any accesories you want (you can wear it as an open face, but you need a new visor, and a set of side pieces), and I'll get back to you with a price shipped to the US.

I've got one, and am very impressed with it.

• 2005 LT - 17 countries, 2 CONTINENTS & counting !
  • MB SLK 350 MT
  • 1974 Triumph Bonneville 750

post #3 of 4 Old Jan 7th, 2007, 3:32 pm

Wooly beat me to it

I will second Woollys recommendation but find the chin bar a bit closer than on my System 4. Click here http://www.motorradconcepts.com/ for tinted visors. If Woolly has problems I will step up.

Graham Wintersgill
On the bonnnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond

2001 K1200LT

1995 K75RT now deceased

post #4 of 4 Old Jan 7th, 2007, 4:05 pm

Heres a piccy of my System V both as a full face and open face lid. The black bits on the LHS fit onto the outside front of the helmet, once the chin bar has been removed. In typical BMW style, you have to buy a new visor (as well as the side bits) if you want to use it as an open face hat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sys5.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	9186  

• 2005 LT - 17 countries, 2 CONTINENTS & counting !
  • MB SLK 350 MT
  • 1974 Triumph Bonneville 750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in