Anyone with Tail of the Dragon videos? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 5:52 pm Thread Starter

Anyone with Tail of the Dragon videos?

Just ran across some interesting people in another forum. Seems they are from way up North and cannot quite understand the Dragon and how it differs from the BRP.

Can anyone point me in the direction of videos (on bike, not on the side of the road) that I can send them??

Thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 6:15 pm
Rider Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawg
.... Seems they are from way up North and cannot quite understand the Dragon and how it differs from the BRP.

Can anyone point me in the direction of videos (on bike, not on the side of the road) that I can send them??

Thanks in advance,

Howdy Dave,

I have a video from my "luxery liner" trip on the Dragon during the '06 CCR. Problem is that it's Hi-Def and I haven't gotten around to editing it so it's over 8 GB right now.

Here is a link to a video that will give them an idea, albeit a goofy one

P-bikes on the Dragon

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 6:36 pm

Try having them go to http://www.yellowwolfvideos.com/ and take a look at one of his videos. Maybe what you looking for.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite

post #4 of 9 Old Jan 4th, 2007, 9:52 pm

last time I was there I bought a couple professionally made dvd's that were filmed by some very very good rider on all of the area roads, the dragon, skyway, etc, picked it up at the Deal's Gap stop itself, google it and call them, I'm sure they have them still, I think I paid the ridiculously low price of ten bucks

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
post #5 of 9 Old Jan 5th, 2007, 7:22 am

Never thought about it, but trying to compare the BRP to DG is kinda tough. Kinda like comparing a Miata convertible (BRP) to a Ferrari roadster? LT (BRP) to a FJR? The BRP is so laid back (unless you go fast enough to get a free ride to jail) in comparison.

I missed my trip to DG for the past two years. Definitely got to take the LT out there. Although I think the ride out on the LT will be as fun as the gap itself. Maybe more fun than wrestling the LT thru there. WE'll see.

Randy
post #6 of 9 Old Jan 5th, 2007, 8:37 am
Gold Supporter

This is a good one:

http://media.putfile.com/Riding-the-Dragon-Part-Two

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #7 of 9 Old Jan 6th, 2007, 7:15 am

Fines of the BRP?

I heard the fines for speeding on the BRP are rather high. Anyone know for sure?
Recently rode up to Mt Mitchell via the BRP and found the roads clear and the views astounding. I was happy to hear they don't salt the BRP.

Watch out for the spandex wearing two wheeled pedalers up there. There are a lot of them up there.

One Shot
post #8 of 9 Old Jan 6th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot
I heard the fines for speeding on the BRP are rather high. Anyone know for sure?
Yes, a performance award on the BRP will cost you 500 bones. Since the BRP is covered by the National Park Service, the fine is at the federal level. You won't talk your way out of it or have the federal courts drop the amount of the fine.

We've even had a couple on this board recieve the afore mentioned performance award. So far it hasn't been me.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #9 of 9 Old Jan 7th, 2007, 8:21 am

Smile $500... holy moly!

The next time I think about speeding on the BRP, I'll think about how far I could ride for $500 in gas.

$500 will pay for 8400 miles of gas, approximately.

That's fourteen 600 mile days.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in