I'm sure you get what you pay for but . . . . . - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 6:09 pm Thread Starter

I'm sure you get what you pay for but . . . . .

. . . . . . you need to check out this offering from Office Depot (of all places) on a portable air compressor for topping off your tires. Plus there's more as the ol' infomercial says . . . it comes with a flaslight, pressure gauge and 3 nozzles

At this price - $3.50 - I might need to get one just to quell my curiousity

OFFICE DEPOT MULTIFUNCTION CAR ASSISTANT

Last edited by Andy-SC; Jan 2nd, 2007 at 8:18 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 6:33 pm

After carrying around a unit like this for several years, I finally bit the bullet and started installing built-in "real" compressors on all of my bikes. Once you do this, there's no going back. These units don't last, take up valuable storage space, and are slow and loud. In other words, I can't think of too much good to say for them except, "Better than nothin".
post #3 of 9 Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 9:12 pm

Tried to buy some of these almost immediately after you posted. O.D. web site came back and stated that the item was discontinued and zero in stock. Maybe just the F/FW area warehouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-SC
. . . . . . you need to check out this offering from Office Depot (of all places) on a portable air compressor for topping off your tires. Plus there's more as the ol' infomercial says . . . it comes with a flaslight, pressure gauge and 3 nozzles

At this price - $3.50 - I might need to get one just to quell my curiousity

OFFICE DEPOT MULTIFUNCTION CAR ASSISTANT

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 9:21 pm

Wow, I'd love to find the "real deal"...

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #5 of 9 Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:01 pm

OMax may well have some issues with their site. New Years eve me and about 10 bajillion thousand others saw an ad on their site. 4G USB jump drive for $18.00 + s.h. Oh yea - way too good to be true, but gave it a shot anyway.

The ad went away real fast. Got the confirmation emails and such - but it still hasn't shipped. We'll see if it goes through or not.

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #6 of 9 Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 8:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
After carrying around a unit like this for several years, I finally bit the bullet and started installing built-in "real" compressors on all of my bikes. Once you do this, there's no going back. These units don't last, take up valuable storage space, and are slow and loud. In other words, I can't think of too much good to say for them except, "Better than nothin".
Joe, any pics of your setup? What unit is it? Where do you mount it? Howzit work?

I've been hauling around a mini compressor for a long time. Would like to hear/see what you've done

Mike M

2007 K1200GT Dark Graphite
post #7 of 9 Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 8:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBMW
Joe, any pics of your setup? What unit is it? Where do you mount it? Howzit work?

I've been hauling around a mini compressor for a long time. Would like to hear/see what you've done
There are three really good links below. Should answer all of your questions...or make your head spin. Either way, my work is complete here.

Hope these help...
CLICK
CLICK
CLICK
post #8 of 9 Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 8:45 am

Quote:
There are three really good links below. Should answer all of your questions...or make your head spin. Either way, my work is complete here.

Hope these help...
CLICK
CLICK
CLICK
Very impressive.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #9 of 9 Old Jan 6th, 2007, 3:40 pm

Quote:

Hope these help...
CLICK
CLICK
CLICK
Fine job but after looking at all your work, I don't feel so bad about using my CyclePump when I need it!

Mike M

2007 K1200GT Dark Graphite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in