Two animated flicks of the Kaw 1400GTR (Concours14) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Dec 14th, 2006, 11:21 pm Thread Starter

Two animated flicks of the Kaw 1400GTR (Concours14)

The first one is lame, but it's short. The second one is pretty cool. It gives you just a hint of info regarding VVT, TPS, and the power windshield.

Video part 1
Video part 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Dec 14th, 2006, 11:39 pm

Kewl. Thanks for sending the links.

Ride On!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Goodyear, AZ
"Yeah but its a warm heat!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'13 SILVA K1600GTL
post #3 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 12:59 am
Super Moderator

Those are pretty cool. Now if I could just get a ride on one!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #4 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 1:36 am

Looked at the animated mechanicals of that windshield mech...When that sucker breaks, its going to be a nightmare. Too many moving parts for such a simple function.
post #5 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 7:34 am

Is that ride dummy any indication of what Kawasaki considers good riding ergonomics? Looks like a back ache ready too happen .

Who says there won't be any cruise control, that thing didn't even need a rider.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #6 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 7:40 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd98056
Is that ride dummy any indication of what Kawasaki considers good riding ergonomics? Looks like a back ache ready too happen .
Yes. Contrary to popular belief, that is the best position for the human body. Most of your body weight is on the legs, and NOT on the back and tailbone.
post #7 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 7:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morley
Looked at the animated mechanicals of that windshield mech...When that sucker breaks, its going to be a nightmare. Too many moving parts for such a simple function.
Looks like a 78 tooth drive gear with [email protected] 17 tooth idler gears. it thats the case it will be almost indestrutable.
Thanks for the film Joe
Rock
post #8 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 9:23 am

Built in tire monitoring system. Mucho cool.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #9 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 10:17 am
fas

Cool Showed the good side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
The first one is lame, but it's short. The second one is pretty cool. It gives you just a hint of info regarding VVT, TPS, and the power windshield.
Just Joe,

Thanx for sharing. They sure didn't give much viewing time to that HUGE FUGLY exhaust canister on the OTHER side, did they? The ECU things and blue tooth are fine, but I worry about the reliability after lots of sun, heat, vibration, and miles. When we first launched our ABS computers for vehicles we had RFI and EFI problems up the butt. Drove us crazy and warranties went thru the roof. Now shielding and protection techniques have improved, but I doubt this stuff will pass the test of time with rough use in the field. I kinda like a key, you turn it, and go. How long before the techs are saying "NEEDS A NEW ECU." How long is the warranty? Yama is only one year. What is KAW's warranty on all this nice electronic crap? Still, I am definitely going to throw a leg over as soon as I can. I loved both of my KAWS, but they were simple machines. Highly reliable. FAST and FUN.

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #10 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 10:27 am Thread Starter

Kaw's warranty is 1-year / unlimited miles, IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fas
The ECU things and blue tooth are fine, but I worry about the reliability after lots of sun, heat, vibration, and miles. When we first launched our ABS computers for vehicles we had RFI and EFI problems up the butt.
Don't our GTs have basically the same technologies?! Instead of the fob, it's built into the ignition key? Hhmmn...
post #11 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 12:32 pm

Kawasaki Warranty

[QUOTE=messenger13]Kaw's warranty is 1-year / unlimited miles, IIRC.
QUOTE]

I don't know how long the warranty is planned forthe new Concours but generally Kawasaki's warranty is longer on their touring bikes. Two or three years are common. Hopefully the new Concours will have a warranty longer than one year.

Glenn
post #12 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 3:14 pm

say what you will about the windshield mechanism, but it CANT be worse than Beemer's "yeah, the horseshoe-shaped bracket is about fifty bucks, but you CAN'T buy just that, you have to buy the $580 electric motor it's attached to as well---good luck finding one salvage, oh and plan on two hours labor minimum" for when you sneeze on the LT's and IT breaks...

lol

I still want one in black. It'll match my bruised neck.

P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0216.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	772.6 KB
ID:	8733  

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
post #13 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 5:46 pm

As the "camera" rolled around the front of the bike, all I could think was: It looks Johnny Five (from the movie "Short Circuit"). Or maybe the weak little robot in an old Disney movie "The Black Hole".

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #14 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 6:50 pm

I see Joe's been raiding the COG site again.

According to the Kawasaki website, the C14 is supposed to have a 1 yr unlimited mileage warranty, but you can extend that through the Good Times Protection Plan to up to 36 months.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

post #15 of 15 Old Dec 15th, 2006, 7:11 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsdad
I see Joe's been raiding the COG site again.
SSsshhhhh... Don't tell 'em our secrets Doug!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in