Leaving the LT World - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Dec 12th, 2006, 4:09 pm Thread Starter
TMH

Leaving the LT World

Well, in order to clear a few more bikes before the end of the year (and possibly get top sales numbers in the area for the first time), my favorite dealer called me this morning to try and get me to buy a new bike. And by the end of the call, it appears that I will soon have an '07 R1200RT!

Whereas my LT was the most comfortable 2-up and long distance bike I have ever ridden, she just wasn't getting enough use due to my also having an R1150RT, which I use for daily commuting and some weekend rides. I have lusted after the R12RT since my first ride on one, but never wanted to buy a new BMW ("Let some other sucker take the depreciation hit"), and couldn't get over the price of entry into the R12 world. But now my dealer is making me a killer deal, and I can trade in both the RT and the LT on the new bike, making for a reasonable differential. Plus I'll only be paying insurance on one bike instead of two: In the end I'll be making money! (That's my story, and I'm sticking to it).

New bike is an '07, so it has the servo-less ABS system. Plus it comes with ESA, cruise control (the nice one like on the LT), heated grips and seats, computer with oil level warning, tire pressure monitors, extra power port, clear turn indicators, etc. And she will be arriving in a new-again for '07 color of Biarritz Blue Metallic.

I can't believe that I'm doing this at this time of year, but the deal which was offered was just too good to walk away from. I guess that now I'll have to figure out all of that new-fangled BMW stuff like CANBUS and all of the computerized systems, even though I thought I would NEVER get a newer BMW because of "all of that techno-mess." I get to eat those words now.

So I won't be hanging around here for too much longer. Hell, I never contributed much anyway...

BUT, if anyone in the SF Bay Area is potentially interested in a CHEAP but very nice K-LT (the beautiful black one in my avatar), PM me by Friday of this week. I'm thinking in the price range of $8,250 which although really cheap, is still a little more than I would get on a trade-in. Bike has <35k miles, PIAA 510 aux lights, pretty new BT020 tires, Rick Mayer leather heated saddles, Aeroflow windscreen and headlight protector, Brake! LED tail light modules, lowered footpegs, and probably some other stuff I can't remember. And the bike HAS NEVER BEEN DROPPED to the best of my knowledge. It was a BMW Certified Pre-Owned bike when I bought it, but the extended warranty ran out in July, 2006 (IIRC). Just before the warranty did run out, I had the bike in for an inspection service, and everything was just fine.

Thanks,
Tom

2009 R1200GS-ADV
2005.5 KTM Adventure 950
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Dec 12th, 2006, 4:22 pm

Congrats! Nada like a new bike. Be sure to order all the toys so they can sit on your garage shelf and drive you nuts till the bike gets there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Dec 12th, 2006, 9:26 pm
Gold Supporter

Garage
Major steal!

$8,250 for a 2002 with 35K miles is the bargin of the year! I sold my 02 with 31K miles and similar farkels in April for $10,900!!! You should have no problem.

2005 K1200 LT "Graphite Graydude Metallic"

Todd "Graydude" Ask me why I'm the best Realtor you've ever met!

IBA#22266

post #4 of 4 Old Dec 13th, 2006, 8:22 am

[QUOTE=TMH]W

Tom wrote in part, "So I won't be hanging around here for too much longer. Hell, I never contributed much anyway..."

Tom and other R bike riders,
I agree that this forum is mostly populated by K LT folk but R RTs certainly qualify as luxotourers. Stick around and maybe we can both come to contribute.
Ben White/Austin, TX
R1200RT
Grinnall Scorpion 3 (K LT drivetrain)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in