3Likes
  • 1 Post By saddleman
  • 1 Post By lgm118icbm
  • 1 Post By hschisler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Sep 26th, 2017, 7:17 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

Cee Bailey's

It looks like they stopped making all motorcycle products & strictly make products for the aircraft industry now. The motorcycle website has been removed. I almost ordered a spare windshield recently & now wish I had.
kbob12 likes this.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Sep 26th, 2017, 9:41 pm

Re: Cee Bailey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman View Post
It looks like they stopped making all motorcycle products & strictly make products for the aircraft industry now. The motorcycle website has been removed. I almost ordered a spare windshield recently & now wish I had.
Since the website is gone, anyone know what the model numbers mean. There are some available on Ebay. I like the taller windscreen so maybe a S-122-C

SLIPSTREAMER SHIELD BMW K1200LT +2" (S-122-C)

is +2, 2 inches taller than what?

EDIT: Ok, I see it is 2 inches taller than the S-120-C so how do they compare to the original LT windscreen of right at 24 inches top to bottom in the center. I haven't found any specs yet.

2nd EDIT: Looks like I am getting an education on PC versus Acrylic so I have a choice to make. More personal research is needed.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI – Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT – Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bmwcoolk1200; Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:16 pm.
post #3 of 13 Old Sep 26th, 2017, 11:31 pm

They must have signed a FAT contract and put all hands on deck on the money maker.

Current Ride: '02 LT - The Mistress

post #4 of 13 Old Sep 27th, 2017, 9:55 am

Consider getting an Aeroflow screen instead. I have one, and many of my long distance riding friends rely on them too. Highly recommended!

AeroFlow Corp.
post #5 of 13 Old Sep 27th, 2017, 10:10 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMagnaRider View Post
Consider getting an Aeroflow screen instead. I have one, and many of my long distance riding friends rely on them too. Highly recommended!

AeroFlow Corp.
They don't list a K1200LT on that site you linked to.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI – Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT – Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

post #6 of 13 Old Sep 27th, 2017, 11:43 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman View Post
GRR!! I had planned on buying a set of their well crafted saddlebag liners for my bike! Darn it! I waited too long.
post #7 of 13 Old Sep 27th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwcoolk1200 View Post
They don't list a K1200LT on that site you linked to.
Contact them. I was told by a friend that they still have the molds and can make them to order without a problem.

Scott and Theresa
Munising, MI
2004 K1200LT Black
2014 Kawasaki KLR650

post #8 of 13 Old Sep 27th, 2017, 7:46 pm

They're done.......out of business........

Used one on a GL once....its was a good product.
post #9 of 13 Old Sep 27th, 2017, 9:54 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munmi View Post
Contact them. I was told by a friend that they still have the molds and can make them to order without a problem.
I called them today actually after reading this post and the person I spoke to said that they re not accepting any orders and no longer have the materials. He stated..they "sold" that part of the business but would not or could not say to whom that side of the business was sold to. There are no leftovers or inventory sitting on shelves either, according to him. Cee Bailey is a great company, but the guy on the phone struck me as somewhat of an A-hole. He couldn't care less and was rushing to get me off the phone. Asking questions just seemed to irritate him. To bad....they made a great product for bikes.
post #10 of 13 Old Oct 19th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha View Post
I called them today actually after reading this post and the person I spoke to said that they re not accepting any orders and no longer have the materials. He stated..they "sold" that part of the business but would not or could not say to whom that side of the business was sold to. There are no leftovers or inventory sitting on shelves either, according to him. Cee Bailey is a great company, but the guy on the phone struck me as somewhat of an A-hole. He couldn't care less and was rushing to get me off the phone. Asking questions just seemed to irritate him. To bad....they made a great product for bikes.

I think he was referring to Aeroflow can make you one, not CB.
Munmi likes this.
post #11 of 13 Old Oct 19th, 2017, 10:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgm118icbm View Post
I think he was referring to Aeroflow can make you one, not CB.
Yes, check with Aeroflow. Call 714-777-4844 and ask for Paige (the owner). He is aware of this thread, and will answer your questions about getting an Aeroscreen for your LT. I do not know whether he can fulfill your need, but the answer is just a phone call away.

Good luck!
post #12 of 13 Old Oct 20th, 2017, 12:15 am
Lifetime Supporter

I will miss that company. I have had two tall and wide screens on my bikes. Easy to order from and quality product. RIP C B
post #13 of 13 Old Oct 20th, 2017, 6:20 am

Too bad about Cee Bailey's motorcycle products. I used their windscreens on 2 K1200LTs over several years.

I have a new-in-box (never opened) Cee Bailey #2 w/Wings, -2". Same thing I have on my K1200LT. I have been meaning to list it for sale for a long time. I should make time to get that done.
pkpr1998 likes this.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in