Help Needed - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Nov 26th, 2006, 5:43 pm Thread Starter

Help Needed

Hi Guys

Yesterday one of those totally freaky accidents, my dad, with over 50 years of motorcycle ownership, with many of those being LT's, Wings, PC800's you name it in terms of heavy bikes, dumped my 05 K1200S while in stand still, his foot hit the pine straw and slip slip it went, bike pushed over that angle we all know and he could not hold it.

Long story short, the right side belly pan (on the new S's they are two halves) cracked, so I am going to get another one ($150). And on the right side panel I have two deep scratches (I can see the black plastic underneath) one about the size of a dime, the other about the size of of a niquel, it hurts to look at you all know how that goes.

Anyone of you have knowledge of someone out there that could professionaly paint those scratches, any of you that have had your RT's and GT's trunk boxes painted to match the bike, the bike is Granite Gray (Granit Grau in deutch).

I would prefer someone in that greater Atlanta area, so I can just drive over and drop it off, maybe even take the whole bike over so they can match the work pretty good. Now if there is someone you all trust outside of ATL I would be willing to ship the panel to them.

Let me know, any help would be hugely appreciated.

Darcy Bastos
2007 FJR1300
2007 Ducati GT1000 Sport Classic
Atlanta, GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Nov 26th, 2006, 11:27 pm
Super Moderator

The guys at Blue Moon Cycle in Norcross took good care of me and a bunch of folks during CCR this year (not bodywork, but lots of other stuff for the attendees). The owner also has a huge collection of restored bikes (you should check that out, too), so I would imagine that someone there either knows how to fix and paint stuff, or has connections with someone who can do the job.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in