BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

International Motorcycle Show- Houston, TX

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jayz9705 
#1 ·
Popped down to Houston today to visit and crawl around with the bikes. It was brutally windy both ways, but Chupacabra the GT handled it with much grace. Less sail action, I reckon.

I think this is the best show yet, most every manufacturer was there but KTM. Even Royal Enfield was there and I think they're quitski.

Sensory overload, and get this, there was a 4-wheel show next door that you got into free! Both rooms were connected.

I loved it and can't wait for the one in Ft. Worth next week!

The world's fastest moto, broke the land speed record in September, a leetle over 350 mph. I got to meet Dennis, the dood who built the engine

The cabin was far from luxurious, towels were used in places

They have a run what you brung whilst this is going on. I'd love to do it, but feel a leetle, uhhhhhh, inadequate

Park this punked out bling outside your local Wally World sometime

See less See more
#3 ·
cfell said:
that there's a far cry from "The World's Fastest Indian"!!!! doesn't appear to be very crowded... well, hopefully Dallas will have a bit more traffic!
I got there early and there was well over a couple of hundred bikes already there. I think they were all in line for the demo rides. By ohe o'clock you could barely walk.

I was sitting there eating a $8.50, foot long hotdog when this bald headed guy sits down next to me all decked out in Star patches and pins. He introduced himself as Vin and we talked bikes and riding for bit. He doesn't look as tall, nor as cut as he does in the movies. Matter of fact, no one really took a second glance at him and I never let on that I knew who he was. Vin Diesel.

Now, when I met Gary Eagan last year, I was excited! Ben Spies bike was there, but he wasn't. That would be another one I'd like to shake hands with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.