Helmet Law Calif - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 8:14 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
UncleRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Alexandria, PA, USA
Posts: 1,633
Helmet Law Calif

Quigley goes to Superior court with helmet case.
intrested click here
Rock
UncleRock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 9:06 pm
Senior Member
 
tmgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NE Georgia, GA., USA
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRock
Quigley goes to Superior court with helmet case.
intrested click here
Rock
I sent it to a friend of mine that is pretty haeavy into this, he probably already knows of this though

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
tmgs is offline  
post #3 of 22 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 11:00 pm
Senior Member
 
RonKMiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Posts: 6,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRock
Quigley goes to Superior court with helmet case.
intrested click here
Rock
I hope Quigley wins this one - I think it is a slam dunk and well justified. If the legislature cannot write laws that can be enforced with any certainty they should be tossed in the trash. Yet another example of the quasi police state we find ourselves living in since 9/11/2001 - when Consitutional rights are routinely trampled by anyone with a badge, and agenda and an attitude.

It's just too bad he may not see the final verdict.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
RonKMiller is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 11:45 pm
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRock
Quigley goes to Superior court with helmet case.
intrested click here
Rock
Nice work, Rock!

Couple of points: When the plaintiff's attorney uses the term "arrest," she actually means citation--as in the plaintiff has been cited numerous times.

Not all LEO's fuck with helmet issues--or even attempt to enforce such a ridiculous law. Some have much more important things to do.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #5 of 22 Old Nov 9th, 2006, 11:51 pm
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
I hope Quigley wins this one - I think it is a slam dunk and well justified. If the legislature cannot write laws that can be enforced with any certainty they should be tossed in the trash. Yet another example of the quasi police state we find ourselves living in since 9/11/2001 - when Consitutional rights are routinely trampled by anyone with a badge, and agenda and an attitude.

It's just too bad he may not see the final verdict.
Ron, the "police state" started way before 9-11. But I agree with you that since 9-11 it has been getting more ridicules than usual!

I also want to remind you that there are many LEO's that don't have an agenda or an attitude.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #6 of 22 Old Nov 10th, 2006, 9:24 am
Rider Journeyman
 
BillyOmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Granite Bay, CA, USA
Posts: 2,015
Hey Rock,

In reading the document it says, implies, that Quigley was wearing helmet, just
not an "approved" helmet.

Do you know what was he was wearing?

My guess is that he was, is, trying to say that something like a baseball cap is a helmet and arguing the law is vague on the standard. Just curious about it.

.

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BillyOmaha is offline  
post #7 of 22 Old Nov 10th, 2006, 3:22 pm
Senior Member
 
KMC1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SLC, UT, United States Of America
Posts: 2,337
This has already had a go-round once a while back didn't it?

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)
KMC1 is offline  
post #8 of 22 Old Nov 10th, 2006, 3:53 pm
Senior Member
 
petevandyke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 1,741
One lonely LEO reply...

Cops don't get paid to write the laws, or even determine the final verdict in a court of law. There are a LOT of laws on the books that cops have to enforce that are done under silent protest, even if they hate doing it...in other words, not all cops are "assholes."

Here's a scenario.

Minor traffic issue, but it consistently happens in a neighborhood where a very well-connected businessman who contributes a LOT of money to the local Mayor happens to live. Businessman calls the Mayor, tells him that if something isn't done about it, the campaign money dries up. Mayor calls the police chief and chews his ass about, say, loud pipes on motorcycles in that neighborhood that are waking up Businessman Joe's prize Shih-tzus. Police chief looks at his personnel file and remembers that he doesn't have a contract, but rather "serves at the will of the Mayor" so he realizes that he needs to keep his healthy salary.

Police chief calls in the Traffic Commander and rips HIS ass about how her patrol officers aren't enforcing the city's noise abatement law. Traffic commander calls in her Sgts, and thru the process of fecal gravity, THEY get an earful. Next step, the traffic officers are handed THEIR asses and told that effective today, they are to start measuring and writing motorcyclists who have aftermarket pipes that aren't street-legal.

Causes two levels of ethical concern. First, the motor officers in Anytown, USA, happen to be riding 2006 Road Kings with stage two kits because those were the only harley models that could pass specs for top speed (see CHP tests for details on this mess), which means THEY themselves are in violation of the same local statutes they are now being told to enforce. Second, many of them have V-twin bikes they've customized with aftermarket pipes in their own garages.

But they go out and start writing, because they happen to be in a "hire at will state," and because they LIKE being motor cops, working 8-5 shifts M-F, with all the other perks of a motor officer. And every time they pull over a motorcyclist, whip out the audio meter, and hand out a ticket (or in some towns, IMPOUND a bike), they know what a rotten ordinance it is, and how this sucks in 20 different ways.

Been there, done that, dropped my eyes when I had to look in the mirror to shave the next morning...



Yeah, there are some cops out there who will go headhunting (pun intended) for those without helmets now, but there are some who are going to HATE writing those tickets because even though they recognize the exponential increases in accident survivability for those wearing "real" helmets, many also believe in freedom of choice.

Every once in a great while, it's the lawmakers, not the enforcers, though.

Best example I've come across has been multiple listings of people in various states who have been ARRESTED (no BS) for feeding parking meters ready to expire for cars that don't belong to them. The perfect example of a good deed...punished, but because that results in loss of ticket revenue, the local cops are told that they have to prevent that kind of horrible behavior.

Me, I think that helmet use should be mandatory for 18 and under, optional after. Just my two cents, which are worth less than that. I also happen to think that lawmakers who accept campaign donations from alcohol and tobacco companies that turn around and pass legislation restricting freedom of liberty to choose (whether that be helmets or a woman's choice regarding her body and medical care) should be exposed.

OK.....NOW can I have my own show on CNN???


Pete

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
petevandyke is offline  
post #9 of 22 Old Nov 10th, 2006, 7:08 pm
Senior Member
 
RonKMiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Posts: 6,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
Ron, the "police state" started way before 9-11. But I agree with you that since 9-11 it has been getting more ridicules than usual!

I also want to remind you that there are many LEO's that don't have an agenda or an attitude.
I know, my Dad was a career FBI Agent. He worked for Hoover. No attitude but quite an agenda!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
RonKMiller is offline  
post #10 of 22 Old Nov 10th, 2006, 7:21 pm
Senior Member
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by petevandyke
...OK.....NOW can I have my own show on CNN???
Pete
Amen!

I'd watch your show. I don't know any LEOs personally, so it's good to hear your comments on this issue.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
post #11 of 22 Old Nov 10th, 2006, 7:47 pm
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by petevandyke
....businessman who contributes a LOT of money to the local Mayor happens to live. Businessman calls the Mayor, tells him that if something isn't done about it, the campaign money dries up. Mayor calls the police chief and chews his ass about, say, loud pipes on motorcycles in that neighborhood that are waking up Businessman Joe's prize Shih-tzus. Police chief looks at his personnel file and remembers that he doesn't have a contract, but rather "serves at the will of the Mayor" so he realizes that he needs to keep his healthy salary.

Police chief calls in the Traffic Commander and rips HIS ass about how her patrol officers aren't enforcing the city's noise abatement law. Traffic commander calls in her Sgts, and thru the process of fecal gravity, THEY get an earful. Next step, the traffic officers are handed THEIR asses and told that effective today, they are to start measuring and writing motorcyclists who have aftermarket pipes that aren't street-legal.

Causes two levels of ethical concern. First, the motor officers in Anytown, USA, happen to be riding 2006 Road Kings with stage two kits because those were the only harley models that could pass specs for top speed (see CHP tests for details on this mess), which means THEY themselves are in violation of the same local statutes they are now being told to enforce. Second, many of them have V-twin bikes they've customized with aftermarket pipes in their own garages.

But they go out and start writing, because they happen to be in a "hire at will state," and because they LIKE being motor cops, working 8-5 shifts M-F, with all the other perks of a motor officer. And every time they pull over a motorcyclist, whip out the audio meter, and hand out a ticket (or in some towns, IMPOUND a bike), they know what a rotten ordinance it is, and how this sucks in 20 different ways.

Been there, done that, dropped my eyes when I had to look in the mirror to shave the next morning...Pete
Never been there! Never done that! Never will! The price, however, is that I'll probably NEVER be promoted. But, that's ok--because I sleep very well during the day.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #12 of 22 Old Nov 11th, 2006, 4:20 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
I know, my Dad was a career FBI Agent. He worked for Hoover. No attitude but quite an agenda!
FBI.....hmmmmmmm. Well, OK. More like accountants with guns! LOL

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #13 of 22 Old Nov 11th, 2006, 8:32 am
Senior Member
 
petevandyke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 1,741
you're a better man than I am then, Jay...

I can say that I never racially profiled, never unfairly enforced the law (meaning treated any race, subculture, gender, creed, religious group or other differently), nor did I ever mistreat anyone in custody. (Yes, I did find a couple creative applications of the Illinois Criminal Code and what used to be known as the Illinois Traffic Code for SPECIFIC individuals who definitely needed a ticket, but that was specific to the circumstance, not for an entire group of people because they were part of a group---oh wait a minute....five, four, three, two, one, there, now the statute of limitations is over, I can post that).

I have, however, had to be a part of enforcing laws that I personally disagreed with (in some cases even mentioning--with my hand over the in-car video system lapel microphone--"you might want to show up to court on this one, the local judge isn't so keen on this new ordinance..."), including "targeted 'zero tolerance traffic enforcement' -type" assignments that resulted in $100+ tickets for people going 2mph over because that's what we were ASSIGNED to do that shift...and that's the kind of crap that didn't exactly make me terribly proud to be in blue.

Maybe that's what made me grow a brain tumor?

If you've managed to avoid that kind of departmental bulls**t, then I personally applaud you and hope that you can continue to do so until that magic day of retirement, my friend! And as for your comment regarding maybe that's why you haven't promoted...well, there are lots of us who think that people who hold truer to their honor than their paychecks are the real heroes, so again, a tip of the hat.

Pete

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
petevandyke is offline  
post #14 of 22 Old Nov 11th, 2006, 9:15 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by petevandyke
You're a better man than I am then, Jay...

I can say that I never racially profiled, never unfairly enforced the law (meaning treated any race, subculture, gender, creed, religious group or other differently), nor did I ever mistreat anyone in custody. (Yes, I did find a couple creative applications of the Illinois Criminal Code and what used to be known as the Illinois Traffic Code for SPECIFIC individuals who definitely needed a ticket, but that was specific to the circumstance, not for an entire group of people because they were part of a group---oh wait a minute....five, four, three, two, one, there, now the statute of limitations is over, I can post that).

I have, however, had to be a part of enforcing laws that I personally disagreed with (in some cases even mentioning--with my hand over the in-car video system lapel microphone--"you might want to show up to court on this one, the local judge isn't so keen on this new ordinance..."), including "targeted 'zero tolerance traffic enforcement' -type" assignments that resulted in $100+ tickets for people going 2mph over because that's what we were ASSIGNED to do that shift...and that's the kind of crap that didn't exactly make me terribly proud to be in blue.

Maybe that's what made me grow a brain tumor?

If you've managed to avoid that kind of departmental bulls**t, then I personally applaud you and hope that you can continue to do so until that magic day of retirement, my friend! And as for your comment regarding maybe that's why you haven't promoted...well, there are lots of us who think that people who hold truer to their honor than their paychecks are the real heroes, so again, a tip of the hat. Pete
Pete, I thank you for your kind words. I'm not a better man than you or anyone else, however. I was just lucky, that's all!

When I was a Green boot of 22 years old, I met some men of honor (meaning one or two). They asked me how do I want to be known? In other words, how important is your reputation with your peers and in the community to you? Well, I may have been young and dumb, but I was no fool. I answered, "It's of the utmost importance, of course!" They went on to tell me to always be known by my outstanding work product (merit), sound judgement, and fairness--not by sucking ass!

I may not know much, and I may not remember much, but I have never forgotten the most sound advice ever given to me.

I'm no hero and never will be. But, every day, I have the pleasure of working with heros! Every day I remember the men who have given their lives for the ground that I routinely walk on--they are the heros.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #15 of 22 Old Nov 11th, 2006, 4:35 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
UncleRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Alexandria, PA, USA
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1
This has already had a go-round once a while back didn't it?
If your interested look at it if not, don't.
Unless the clerk of courts posted dated the filing, no you never saw it before.
Rock
UncleRock is offline  
post #16 of 22 Old Nov 11th, 2006, 4:41 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
UncleRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Alexandria, PA, USA
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
I know, my Dad was a career FBI Agent. He worked for Hoover. No attitude but quite an agenda!
FBI
Forever Bothering Irish
Rock
UncleRock is offline  
post #17 of 22 Old Nov 11th, 2006, 8:10 pm
Senior Member
 
STEBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St Clair Shores, MI, USA
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRock
Quigley goes to Superior court with helmet case.
intrested click here
Rock

Michigan crash helmets shall be approved by the department of state police. The department of state police shall promulgate rules for the implementation of this section pursuant to the administrative procedures act of 1969
__________________________________________________ _____________

This paragraph in the Michigan helmet law makes it illegal to ticket helmetless riders in Michigan and many tickets have been thrown out of court because of it. Since the Michigan State police have never promulgated the rules of helmet use there virtually is no helmet law in Michigan. The state police have never tested a single helmet and therefore cannot and never will give out a list of approved helmets in Michigan. A Westland lawyer found this loophole in the Michigan helmet law back in the year 2000 and has won many cases to the point where many city's will not stop you and the state police should not pull you over for not wearing one. The key words of SHALL Promulgate the rules for inplementation has caused this confusing with many pushing it in the courts and winning. Although most riders don't know this and the ones that do know are still taking a chance of being ticketed for it. Unless your retired or can afford to miss work to appaer in court to fight the law that was never established by the state police it is much easier to just wear the helmet. Of course the state has been fighting this ever since the loophole was discovered.

At this point I dont know if the laws wording has been changed to make it illegal to ride without a helmet. I do know that the helmet law did go thru both houses in 2006 and was repelled in Michigan but our honarable Canadien Governer vetoed it. So do what you may at your own risk .



MICHIGAN HELMET LAW IN DISARRAY

MOTORCYCLISTS LEGALLY RIDING ALL OVER
MICHIGAN WITHOUT HELMETS



Today three more District Courts statewide dismissed no helmet tickets on the grounds that the Michigan Department of State Police have not properly implemented the current helmet law. Courts in Westland (18th District Court), Romeo (42-1 District Court), and Caro (Tuscola County - 71-B District Court) today all signed orders dismissing no helmet tickets. Judge Gail McKnight of the 18th District Court, in granting the motion to dismiss filed by A.I.M. and Abate of Michigan attorney Lawrence S. Katkowsky on behalf of Douglas Karpo of Westland, stated from the bench that the Michigan Department of State Police had not done what they were mandated by law to do to properly implement the law and that therefore the case had to be dismissed. Judge McKnight pointed out that her opinion was shared by a number of judges from around the State, judging from a packet of decisions on the matter furnished her by Mr. Katkowsky.

To date judges in Bay, Oceana, Delta, Ogemaw, Tuscola, Ionia, Manistee, the Cities of Westland and St. Clair Shores, and the Village of Romeo, have all signed orders dismissing no helmet tickets on motion by Mr. Katkowsky. Other tickets are pending in many other communities and favorable rulings are expected in those cases as well.

2015 R1200Rt- Ebony
2005 K1200Lt- Dark Graphite
1978 KZ1000 Ltd- Black
St Clair Shores, Mi
BMWMOA # 185482


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
STEBS is offline  
post #18 of 22 Old Nov 11th, 2006, 8:20 pm
Senior Member
 
STEBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St Clair Shores, MI, USA
Posts: 267
Michigan Defines Helmet Requirements



Michigan - (MCNW) Michigan State Police recently revised the state's helmet regulations to adopt DOT-certified helmets as those required for use in Michigan. This was in response to several successful courtroom challenges of helmet tickets presented by Bingham Farms attorney and ABATE of Michigan boardmember Lawrence S. Katkowsky.

The AMA Government Relations Staff reports that at issue was whether the state police had adequately outlined which helmets are acceptable as required by law. Following the courtroom decisions, several police jurisdictions stopped enforcing Michigan's mandatory helmet law. However, State Police believe the new regulations close the loophole and anticipate that all jurisdictions will resume enforcement.

The new regulations can be viewed online at http://www.msp.state.mi.us/division/tss/helmet.htm

2015 R1200Rt- Ebony
2005 K1200Lt- Dark Graphite
1978 KZ1000 Ltd- Black
St Clair Shores, Mi
BMWMOA # 185482


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
STEBS is offline  
post #19 of 22 Old Nov 12th, 2006, 12:18 am
IBR# 366
 
meese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: West Linn, OR
Posts: 16,421
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEBS
Michigan State Police recently revised the state's helmet regulations to adopt DOT-certified helmets as those required for use in Michigan.
Seems almost stupidly simple.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
meese is offline  
post #20 of 22 Old Nov 12th, 2006, 5:44 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Seems almost stupidly simple.
I still can't help but thinking that the state police have much more important things to do!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #21 of 22 Old Nov 12th, 2006, 11:28 am
Senior Member
 
dshealey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dandridge (Near Knoxville), TN, USA
Posts: 12,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Seems almost stupidly simple.
I have been amazed that the states would write a helmet law, but instead of just adopting the federal or Snell standards have stated the law based on non-existant "rules". Yep, stupidly simple, yet overlooked?

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
dshealey is offline  
post #22 of 22 Old Nov 12th, 2006, 6:04 pm
Senior Member
 
petevandyke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 1,741
and, by the way, it's the "Federal Bureau of Intimidation," thank you

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
petevandyke is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Schuberth J1 Review ecirwin Rider's Gear & Luggage 11 Oct 29th, 2008 8:25 am
Shoei X 11 Helmet Report and Question lhendrick Ergonomics & Rider Comfort 22 Mar 6th, 2008 1:48 am
Oh, oh more helmet use waycoa Chit Chat 29 Aug 21st, 2006 2:59 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome