HP2 Megamoto - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Oct 15th, 2006, 4:48 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

HP2 Megamoto

http://www.rubbermag.com/news/0610/061013_01n.html

Me, I don't get it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Oct 15th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Question HP 2 Chopper

I have always been curious how tight a line these bikes can hold . The rake looks excessive on the regular HP 2 as well. If you look at the KTM 950 you will see my point.

Pete Murray
IBA # 359 and
2014 RT
1973 R75/5
2002 LT 171 K Gone
2008 FJR 36 K Gone
Stroudsburg, PA
post #3 of 14 Old Oct 15th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Meaneither. And we thought a $20K HP2 dirtbike was a lot! Forget about that shit....here.....comes.....Mongo, uh I mean, Megamoto!

The only "real" question remaining is how well Megamoto will fair against Godzilla?

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"

post #4 of 14 Old Oct 15th, 2006, 5:24 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Me, I don't get it.
I don't either. With HP2s from last year languishing in dealer's inventory, I'm not sure what they are thinking. The price has not been announced on the Megamoto, but I'll bet it is more than the $20K list on the HP2.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #5 of 14 Old Oct 15th, 2006, 6:27 pm

If they made the power band more responsive in the lower end like they claim. With a lowered seat, putting rider more into the bike than on it. Allows a better line of site site under torque response, thus enabling a more instinctive riding style. (Which you need on these)
The extra disc for the front binder should have been there from the start.
Rock
post #6 of 14 Old Oct 15th, 2006, 6:29 pm

"the Megamoto will certainly appeal to all connoisseurs, individualists and pleasure-conscious riders within the segment of dynamic motorcyclists. Simply because this new machine offers a brand-new interpretation of Sheer Riding Pleasure and light handling, making it a truly uncompromising riding machine in all its features: light, powerful, agile and, in particular, very exclusive."

I think they mean SuperMoto Poseurs.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #7 of 14 Old Oct 15th, 2006, 10:14 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy
I don't either. With HP2s from last year languishing in dealer's inventory, I'm not sure what they are thinking. The price has not been announced on the Megamoto, but I'll bet it is more than the $20K list on the HP2.
Randy,

This is news to me. I thought the HP2s were a limited edition that sold quickly to enthusiasts at least that is what BMW espoused. The things one learns on this board.
post #8 of 14 Old Oct 15th, 2006, 11:37 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick2000
Randy,

This is news to me. I thought the HP2s were a limited edition that sold quickly to enthusiasts at least that is what BMW espoused. The things one learns on this board.
The dealer I buy my bikes from received three and still has two on the floor - at a discount. They may have sold elsewhere, but they haven't here.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #9 of 14 Old Oct 15th, 2006, 11:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick2000
Randy,

I think the initial run sold quickly becuase it was the latest "Oooo, Cool Toy" thing from BMW. Then folks started to try and figure out what to do with it and kinda got stuck. There was one sitting on the floor at San Jose BMW for at least 3 months over the summer. He was even throwing in the "supermoto kit" (17 wheels, sticky tires, etc.) to try and move it.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #10 of 14 Old Oct 15th, 2006, 11:55 pm

Garage
Randy & David,

I stand enlightened. It all makes sense now, as the hoopla surrounding this bike declined rapidly. I just had not tied it together until this post.

Thanks,
Patrick.
post #11 of 14 Old Oct 16th, 2006, 12:09 pm

A&S had an open house/vintage bike show on Saturday. The HP2(demo?) out on the lot was a favorite prop for guys having their photo taken on it. Pretty sure it as still there when they closed for the day. Perhaps BMW should rethink this? Paint it desert camo and re-release it as a high performance military model. If anyone will buy a $20K dirtbike, the military will.

Bob Morrow #4204
2014 K1600GTLE "Firefly" GTL 4 Two
2002 K1200LTE "Green Hornet" LT 4 Two (history)
"Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel"
post #12 of 14 Old Oct 16th, 2006, 12:58 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

They had 4 brand new ones on the showroom floor plus the demo one outside.

...they had a buyer standing there too...alas

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #13 of 14 Old Oct 16th, 2006, 3:08 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

post #14 of 14 Old Oct 18th, 2006, 2:16 am
IBR# 366

Garage
I saw a guy at a track day last year who had super-moto'd his HP2. He was having a blast. I've also seen dealers dress an HP2 with smaller rims and street/race tires. Looked like fun, but added too much to an already pricey bike. I've also seen skilled riders hustle a regular GS seriously fast through the corners.

I see what they're trying to do, but there are many better (and much cheaper) choices out there for that niche market.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in