Shark helmets... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Oct 12th, 2006, 9:02 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Shark helmets...

Anyone have any experience with Shark helmets, specifically the RSR2?

I'm pretty intrigued by the inside design, have decided the Shoei X-11 isn't my cup of tea.

Pete

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Sep 24th, 2008, 9:21 pm

Re: Shark helmets...

I purchased a full-face Shark RSI in May 2008.

Head configuration is oval, size 7 & 5/8. Very snug at cheekbones at first, much more comfortable after 100 hrs. Love the helmet, even after a 750 mile day. Quick-release face shields makes it easy to go from tinted to clear face shield in under ten seconds.

Added J & M Headset in Sept. 2008. Installed by Overby's Two Wheel Sound, Murray KY 800.992.4092 ([email protected]). Works perfectly. Local BMW dealer and another highly-recommended vendor declined to even try to install J & M Headset on Shark RSI due to tight configuration. Overby's turned the helmet around in two days, great service and fairly priced.

I would make the same helmet choice if I had to do it all over again.

Joe
White Plains NY
2009 K1200LT
IBA# 47469
MOA#143915
post #3 of 3 Old Sep 25th, 2008, 2:17 pm

Re: Shark helmets...

Tried them all and ended up with the Shoei, RF 1000 . Does what it says. Changing tint to clear in seconds, ventilation is most effective of any with least wind noise and shields snap to compleat seal deadening sound by a wide margin over others.

Second choice and one I bought for cool, is my Arai Vector. This one is hands down the most comfy and has least fogging but is not as quiet thought it is lighter weight and has least amount of results when in turbulent air. The two of them are quite good though pricey and both have Dot and Snell ratings interchangeable interiors for custom fitting and both fit my head which is always personal and maybe the most important thing. I also have an HJC folding jaw type which is heavy noisey and doesn't ventilate well when closed but it can be really conventient to use when doing a lot of errands.

It was my first hat being naiive after all these years and finding my Bells in the attic completely melted down interior wise just went with bang for the buck . later went with better safety ratings and quality with the top two brands for full face, shoei and arai.

Lot of new hats on the market though and time will prove many of them to be good stuff. Helmets are about as personal as you can get and riding with one reveals their weakness and strengths no matter what the article said we read about one.

I am digging one of the new Bell Star models but have yet to find one anywhere for a test drive so that wont happen since they run about five large and knowing what I know now about hats it is too much a gamble.

No matter where you go , there you are.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in