barbara and I: our last dance - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 6:39 am Thread Starter

barbara and I: our last dance

Well, I'm fixing to head out with barbara on our last ride together. The last dance, a bittersweet moment. I've never kept a bike this long and sure have never developed feelings for one like this.

Of course, the thoughts of a new GT are delicious. Gonna stop by Ron's and usurp all over his hospitality (helluva way to sell seats, Ron!), plan on having kkkkaffee with Elton and RIDE HWY 1 in CA! Then, there's that wild and keerazy HDDC bunch.

Just writing this has made it a reality and the eye's have misted over. Man! It's not like I'm fixing to have to shoot a horse.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 6:54 am

Have a great ride Grif, here ya go....

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #3 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 9:39 am
Senior Member (ret.)

Have a safe ride Grif.

Looking forward to Wednesday. I suggest getting the title notorized. The Ca DMV is a stickler for that stuff.

If you get in early Wednesady (before 4 PM, I can get it notorized locally).

You have a place to stay at la casa K.

Raffy

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

post #4 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 9:45 am

Well, at least you will get to say a long goodbye to her, and treat her nice on that last big ride. I still get sad when I think about not even getting to see my bike, and pat it a couple times with tears in my eyes before she was hauled off to some boneyard. That was a sad day for me, knowing I would never see it again, after 110K miles and having worked on just about every part of her and had her equipped just the way I wanted.

Yes, it was just metal and plastic, but when we spend so much good and even not so good time with it, but she responds to our touches, we imbue them with "souls".

When I totaled my first LT, I had only had it for 4 months, and had not worked on it, so no real attachment was made. Bat Byke however, was a HUGE part of my life for 4 years.

Still, I know what you mean. Even when I sold my boat when I moved to California, it was a sad day, remembering all the good times my family had had with it. We were on the river most weekends, and I taught my daugters to water ski with it.

Hey, we have heard so many stories about you and Barbara, we will miss her too! Tell her good bye for all of us! Maybe her new owner will show up here.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #5 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 11:09 am

Smile I'm sad and happy for ya

Grif,
I know how you feel. I even get damp eyes thinkin of how attached we can get to these machines. I know she will find a good home. The GT sounds like a great bike to own. Have fun on your last big ride on Barb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Well, I'm fixing to head out with barbara on our last ride together. The last dance, a bittersweet moment. I've never kept a bike this long and sure have never developed feelings for one like this.

Of course, the thoughts of a new GT are delicious. Gonna stop by Ron's and usurp all over his hospitality (helluva way to sell seats, Ron!), plan on having kkkkaffee with Elton and RIDE HWY 1 in CA! Then, there's that wild and keerazy HDDC bunch.

Just writing this has made it a reality and the eye's have misted over. Man! It's not like I'm fixing to have to shoot a horse.

looking around for a possible replacement

2001 K1200 LTC Mauve (Hi-Way Star) may she rest in peace!

CCR'2001 Hotsprings, AR., Sante Fe, NM., Gatlinberg, TN.
Breckinridge, CO., Grand Teton Nat. Prk, WY.
Chateau Elan, GA., Tan-a-Tar-A missed it!
post #6 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 12:06 pm
Ted

...and remember, keep an eye out for those Secret Service motorcades...

Be safe!

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #7 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 1:21 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Enjoy the ride, bittersweet as it is. Too bad you're heading through my neck of the woods while I'm 1,000 miles away. I still remember fondly riding Barbara through the Dragon a few years back. She's a heck of a travelling companion, and you're one hell of a guy for sharing her like that.

Ride safe, and savour the journey.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #8 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 3:11 pm

So I guess I'm not the only sentimental "softy" on this board,
Man can I ever relate, It hurt me a lot to walk away from my old battered and beat up Buffallo in the salvage yard, so many good times.......
I guess it's not just the metal and plastic we become attached to,
it's more the memories we shared with it and what it represents.
Fortunately I got some closure by buying the bike back getting it shipped home and parting it out.
I feel really good about knowing that her heart and soul (the powerplant)
will live again as it gets transplanted into LTcommuters bike.
It's good to know that he's undoubtly going to wear it out and put the miles on it that I had planned to
Meanwhile I've moved on to a newer and younger model,
it's taken a little time but I think we're starting to bond

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #9 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 9:48 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:

Hey, Grif... have a great "last dance".. y'all come home safe... you never forget the "special loves" in your life... as it should be.

I've got some time in October.. don't know yet where I'm going... but got some ideez.... Gimme a ring when you get back... you can always borrow my "Misty"....

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #10 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 9:54 pm Thread Starter

Scotties with a leetle bird house on them? Mang, I thought your personal stash of kleenex would at least have a dog or a rock or a lighthouse or somethang on it. Birdhouse?

Oh well, pass them over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
Have a great ride Grif, here ya go....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #11 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 9:58 pm Thread Starter

Yeah Dave, I remember all the hours in the gearage lovingly trying to put out the fire, uh, I mean work on her. Attending to details that weren't on the original idea list: some loose tape that needed cleaned up, a split hose, you know, those small details that a dealer would never consider. I can't even count the times I've stripped her down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Well, at least you will get to say a long goodbye to her, and treat her nice on that last big ride. I still get sad when I think about not even getting to see my bike, and pat it a couple times with tears in my eyes before she was hauled off to some boneyard. That was a sad day for me, knowing I would never see it again, after 110K miles and having worked on just about every part of her and had her equipped just the way I wanted.

Yes, it was just metal and plastic, but when we spend so much good and even not so good time with it, but she responds to our touches, we imbue them with "souls".

When I totaled my first LT, I had only had it for 4 months, and had not worked on it, so no real attachment was made. Bat Byke however, was a HUGE part of my life for 4 years.

Still, I know what you mean. Even when I sold my boat when I moved to California, it was a sad day, remembering all the good times my family had had with it. We were on the river most weekends, and I taught my daugters to water ski with it.

Hey, we have heard so many stories about you and Barbara, we will miss her too! Tell her good bye for all of us! Maybe her new owner will show up here.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #12 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 9:59 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
...and remember, keep an eye out for those Secret Service motorcades...

Be safe!
You run them off the road, right?

-=grif=-

Grok
post #13 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 10:01 pm
Lifetime Supporter

If in Cali, to the LEFT...

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #14 of 57 Old Sep 16th, 2006, 10:09 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
If in Cali, to the LEFT...
Into the fruit and nut field?

BTW, I'm in Las Cruces. Blasted a quick 600 miles. Could have made it to Tucson, but why? I gave me and barabara 5 days and I'm riding like I need to make it in 2. No wonder Sandar the mag doesn't ride with me. It irritates me stopping for gas, sigh.

I love riding thru West Texas, 85 is purdy much legal. I know of no LEO that will write you for 5 over if you're not being an ass. Got hit with some rain outside of Sonora and slowing down some turned out to be 80 mph.

Had some local chili relleno for din din, read some moto mags and fighting like crazy to stay awake. Only 9pm here and it gets worse the further west you go!

-=grif=-

Grok
post #15 of 57 Old Sep 17th, 2006, 5:46 am

Keep her under the radar screen. Drive safe.

Chuck J

02 K1200LT (Black Beauty)

New friends make it all worthwhile!!! Smile, its catching.
post #16 of 57 Old Sep 17th, 2006, 5:52 am

Quote:

as soon as yyou start riding the GT you are not going to miss her, although your bride may

I came >< close to getting one yesterday at BMW of Atlanta.........

but I caved and took the dirty way out! congrats and have fun Grif!

Tom (will work for bike payments )

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #17 of 57 Old Sep 17th, 2006, 6:32 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
Tom (will work for bike payments )
Damn them bike payments!! A crying shame you can't live in a bike.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #18 of 57 Old Sep 17th, 2006, 6:46 am

Quote:
Damn them bike payments!! A crying shame you can't live in a bike.

yup no kidding

think it is getting jealous yet?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grin_3_the_fade.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	6748  

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #19 of 57 Old Sep 17th, 2006, 9:06 am

Grif,

I know how you feel about Barbara, but you gave her a good life. Lots of vacations, pampering, etc. I hope I never have to let my '64 Impala go. She's now a Garage Queen, living the life of luxury with two to three outings per month.

Let us know how you like the GT. I'm thinking about getting one myself, next year, since it seems it will be along time before BMW remodels the LT.

Have a safe trip,

Dick Wood
2014 R1200RTW Quartz Blue Metallic
Previous2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic K1200GT
Previous 2002 Toscana Green LTE
Previous 1995 HD FXDL
IBA #7393

post #20 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 6:59 am

Woke up this morning for the first time in over 4 years as a guy that does NOT own an LT. Strange...

Ride safely Grif, and enjoy.
post #21 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 9:39 am

Man, I read all these post and I guess someone should pass the birdhouse box of snot tissues this way.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #22 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 10:06 am

Grif,

Once you get back home and ever feel the need to ride a Canyon Red LT, I know where one is located.

Enjoy the last ride.

Bruce
Rowlett, TX
2010 Gold Wing
'00 Canyon Red - Sold

post #23 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 10:09 am

Grif,
Enjoy the rest of your ride with Barbara, She'll have a great home out here among the HDDC Posse.
See ya on Wednesday, Whatcha hungry for?

John & Cathy
Northern CA
01 K1200LTC Basalt - Moose

Posse #2

If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else
post #24 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 12:12 pm
Prodigal Son

Unhappy Last Dance--

Last dance with BARBARA Jane
One more time to kill the pain
I feel summer creepin' in and I'm
Tired of this town again

Well, I don't know but I've been told
If you never slow down, you never grow old
I'm tired of screwing up, I'm tired of goin' down
I'm tired of myself, I'm tired of this town

Oh my my, oh hell yes
Honey, put on that party dress
Buy me a drink, sing me a song
Take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long

Oh my my, oh hell yes
You've got to put on that party dress
It was too cold to cry when I woke up alone
I hit my last number, I WALKED to the road

ed early
Life is a Blind Curve , Just Ride It, Low and Inside
'00' Canyon Red
post #25 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 4:44 pm

New GT Wave?

Shoot, Grif, now you're gonna have to create some funky GT wave...don't think you can use that cool LT wave on a GT, you know...it'd be like Vince Young trying to convince his new Titans fans to adopt that UT "Hook 'em Horns" thing in TN.

Best of luck to you as you move on.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LT_wave1.JPG.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	6845   Click image for larger version

Name:	TRADITION_eyes_148.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	6846  

Bob Darkey
post #26 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 5:45 pm Thread Starter

Raffy said we were going to ride some river road with a couple of fairy crossings to some place. It is Wednesday, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarider
Grif,
Enjoy the rest of your ride with Barbara, She'll have a great home out here among the HDDC Posse.
See ya on Wednesday, Whatcha hungry for?

-=grif=-

Grok
post #27 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 5:48 pm

Talking

Quote:
Raffy said we were going to ride some river road with a couple of fairy crossings to some place.
That means something entirely different in Cali!
post #28 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 5:57 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbones
Man, I read all these post and I guess someone should pass the birdhouse box of snot tissues this way.
OK man, but don't use them all up. I'm in San Bernadino, right outside of LA and they aren't kidding around with that smog stuff.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #29 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 6:00 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkey
Shoot, Grif, now you're gonna have to create some funky GT wave...
I think I'm just gonna flip folks off. Not very original, but effective

-=grif=-

Grok
post #30 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 10:05 pm

Hei Greg,
Was great to have that dinner with you today.
I simpatize with your pain letting that bike go since you had so many hours of personal work on it.

But I'm sure you will enjoy your new ride as well.

Eliane and I wish that you can ride safe the next leg of your trip to Raffy's house and thank you for the bell. It's already on our bike

Elton

--------------------------------
Elton 'StrsOut' Marks '02 Silver-Member #337 (or 287?)

2002 LT - 62,394 miles as of 08/05/2007
2003 GS - 20,960 miles as of 07/11/2008
Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA

post #31 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 10:08 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
I think I'm just gonna flip folks off. Not very original, but effective
Seems to work for Joe.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #32 of 57 Old Sep 18th, 2006, 10:09 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarider
So, is the Posse gonna keep Barbara around as a loaner bike for out-of-towners, or are you just gonna strip all the farkles off her and divvy them up?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #33 of 57 Old Sep 19th, 2006, 10:37 pm Thread Starter

It was great to meet Eliane and you. Y'all speak better English than I do and hope I didn't freak y'all out too much. Also, thanks for dinner and the routing, it was a beautiful ride. The trucks on 138 were no way as kamikaze as the logging trucks in East Texas, wimps, as a matter of fact.

And, I forgot to thank Ron, aka Seatboy and his lovely wife Covergirl for putting me up and putting up with me. Not to mention feeding me like an animal. Ron and I cured all the world's problems on his back deck.

I'd also like to thank all the little people. They make me feel tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strsout
Hei Greg,
Was great to have that dinner with you today.
I simpatize with your pain letting that bike go since you had so many hours of personal work on it.

But I'm sure you will enjoy your new ride as well.

Eliane and I wish that you can ride safe the next leg of your trip to Raffy's house and thank you for the bell. It's already on our bike

Elton

-=grif=-

Grok
post #34 of 57 Old Sep 19th, 2006, 11:23 pm Thread Starter

A disaster!!!!

Calamity of epic proportions. It just doesn't get any worse. Need some help here as I'm stuck in Santa Nella, Ca. with a bulb burned out on my left Motolight. Also, the gas mile meter reads "---" and I reckon I only have about three miles left in tank. I'm starting to panic here and don't know what to do.

How did this tragedy all come about? I left San Bernadino at 5 ayem this morn to beat the traffic. Elton routed me on some great roads. Going up 215, I exited to Hwy 138 and immediately saw a sign saying it was closed to thru traffic. Undaunted and not undone, I went anyway. Turns out the road was closed, but you could take a dirt side route, aka "the beauty way", where they were working and all was love. Being pitch dark and sandwiched twixt two dumptrucks just added ambiance. The workers pointing and laughing at me as I rode into it just added resolve. Have they never seen an 800 lb dirt bike before?

The prettiest part was the last 50 or so miles outside Santa Maria, just gorgeous. A couple of the canyon's smelt like licorice and couple smelled like a Catholic Church. The only stoopid human trick I encountered was coming around a blind corner and finding an 18 wheeler halfway in my lane. A quick change of line and trying to get over hating truck drivers was in the immediate future.

Hwy One was beautiful. I promised myself I was going to behave myself and sedately run up it. About 50 miles of beauty and two motorcycles circling my six like a couple of buzzards smelling a dead goat, well, in the immortal words of Popeye, "It's all I can stands, I can't stands no more", and away we went. Promise broken and now I don't trust myself anymore. I don't know where the two bikes behind me went to as I saw them no mo, no mo, no mo, no mo. I think I blew all the carbon out of the engine for Raffy, uh, nevermind. There has never been any carbon in that engine.

I did stop in Moro Bay and had some clam chowder and the seafood combo platter, which I immediately threw up all over the hostess just to keep my bulemia in good working order. Not!

I think I did about 300 miles of twisties today and was a leetle tuckered when I exited Hwy 1, or maybe that should be excited Hwy 1, and started meandering north east. Looking for a suitable place to set down I found out that much of California is rural, quite literally the sticks, bumfuck Egypt if you will. There wasn't a decent place to stay to be begged for. I sure wasn't going to stay at a place called La Salada in the ag section of CA, where one beat up pickup took on the appearance of a clown car as 206 workers piled out of it. The salsa music will be wild there tonight! I bet I rode another two hours looking for a SAM shelter, a phone booth or even a suitable underpass. It's just smoothe amazing to be in the middle of nowhere and there's still wall to wall traffic. What's up with that?

Just about the time I was looking for a piece of cardboard and an alley I stumbled upon this fine Holiday Inn Express. Whipping out my fake AARP card and charming the leetle gal at the front desk ejaculated this fine room. A gourmet meal, followed by a hot fudge sundae at the truck stop topped the day. I sat with the truckers and tried to look toothless and recalcitrant. I don't think I pulled it off as my 1000 mile stare kept drifting to the fat ass of my waitress. You could actually see where the cellulite sucked the spandex in like a bad case of acne. I ordered extra gravy with my pot roast trying to drown my sorrow, if not my revulsion.

Now, if I can only figure out what to do about this burned out Motolight. I reckon I'll have to stay here till Tina mails me another bulb. And this almost being out of gas thang? This is a huge 18 wheel place. I think the town is veritably a truck stop. There must be 32 gas stations here and not one drop goes in barbara till I've tasted them all.

What have I learned today? When strafing a corner with the bike laid over, when you spit out your Copenhagen close one eye so you can at least have some vision left when the wind from the ocean blows it back into your face.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #35 of 57 Old Sep 20th, 2006, 12:17 am

ROTFLMAO Thats some funny stuff there Grif. To bad about the Moto Light, just Duct tape a flashlight to the fork on that side. That should get you into Sacto safe and sound.......... well safe anyway.

See ya soon

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #36 of 57 Old Sep 20th, 2006, 8:10 am

Yeah, I know how you don't like thangs too unsymetrically balanced in your world (at least while you're awake!!), so when that Motolight took a dump, your universe went all tacky and whumpy; and soooo - just walk 'round th'uther side of Barbara and kick the shit outta the other one!! I mean, Barbara don't like bein' one-eyed either, so git right!! Sheeesh!!

BTW - you know it ain't good for your intestinal tract to mix 93 octane with diesel; specialty when lightin' up a stogieroo! Stand upwind of the dang thang!

And say "Hi, Raffy" for me. Safe flight Thursday, or whenever you git airborne!!
post #37 of 57 Old Sep 20th, 2006, 8:19 am
Prodigal Son

Smile And to Raffy and the HDDC

A Bar bar bar bar Barbar Ann
Bar bar bar bar Barbar Ann
(Bar bar bar bar Barbar Ann)
Oh Barbara Ann take my hand
Barbara Ann
You got me rockin' and a rollin'
Rockin' and a reelin' Barbara Ann

Went to a dance looking for romance
Saw Barbara Ann so I thought I'd take a chance
Barbara Ann

Barbara Ann

Say Bar bar bar bar Barbar Ann
Barbara Ann

Tried Betty Sue
Tried Betty Sue
Tried Betty Sue but I knew she wouldn't do

Barbara Ann

Barbara Ann

Barbar Ann
Barbar Ann

ed early
Life is a Blind Curve , Just Ride It, Low and Inside
'00' Canyon Red
post #38 of 57 Old Sep 20th, 2006, 8:22 am

Geez Grif, you need a TV show or something - this 'stuff' is hilarious!!
post #39 of 57 Old Sep 20th, 2006, 9:37 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by early1
A Bar bar bar bar Barbar Ann

I've been ridin all night, my hand's wet on the grips
a twist of the throttle and the tires slip
Barbara's callin', says I need you here
and it's half past four and I'm shifting gears

When she's lonely and the longing gets too much
we find a highway comin' in from above
We don't need no reason at all
We've got a thing that's called Barbara's love
We've got a wave in the air, Barbara's love

XM playing some forgotten song
Barbara's just a coming on strong
The road's got me hypnotized
And I'm speeding into a new sunrise

When I get lonely, and I'm sure I've had enough
She sends her comfort with a ride full of love
Don't need nobody at all
We've got a line in the sky.... Barbara's love

No more speed, I'm almost there
Gotta keep cool now, gotta take care
Last car to pass, here I go
Downshift, upshift don't do it slow

And the XMs played some forgotten song
Barbara just keeps comin' on strong
And the newsman sang his same song
One more Barbara lovers gone

When I get lonely, and I'm sure I've had enough
She sends her comfort with a ride full of love
Don't need nobody at all
We've got a line in the sky.... Barbara's love

-=grif=-

Grok
post #40 of 57 Old Sep 20th, 2006, 9:55 am

ROTFLMAO

I think I peed!

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #41 of 57 Old Sep 20th, 2006, 10:07 am

Quote:
-------------I found out that much of California is rural, quite literally the sticks, bumfuck Egypt if you will. -------------
Yes, that is probably one of the biggest shocks to people who have not been here before. A HUGE amount of the state is sparsley populated. Get an hour outside any of the big cities and it is just wonderful. CA gets a bad rap because of LA, but as you are seeing the great majority of the state is fantastic.
Quote:
It's just smoothe amazing to be in the middle of nowhere and there's still wall to wall traffic. What's up with that?-----------------.
Another surprise to many, heavy traffic at "off" hours, like 10PM.

Hope your trip does not have any more massive calamities! Funny writing Grif!

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
post #42 of 57 Old Sep 20th, 2006, 10:15 am

Griff,
you are ridding for too many hours... definitely you need to rest. Medical reason

I'm glad you had a good trip on that route and no, you didn't freak us. Actually, you are much funnier (in the good way) in person then here on the forum. We do need to spend more time together

Enjoy

--------------------------------
Elton 'StrsOut' Marks '02 Silver-Member #337 (or 287?)

2002 LT - 62,394 miles as of 08/05/2007
2003 GS - 20,960 miles as of 07/11/2008
Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA

post #43 of 57 Old Sep 21st, 2006, 7:14 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by strsout
Griff,
you are ridding for too many hours... definitely you need to rest. Medical reason

I'm glad you had a good trip on that route and no, you didn't freak us. Actually, you are much funnier (in the good way) in person then here on the forum. We do need to spend more time together

Enjoy
Well, then come visit us in Texas. We have spare rooms.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #44 of 57 Old Sep 21st, 2006, 7:37 am Thread Starter

finito

The deed is done, barbara is now Raffy's.

I arrived SAC and rode in kind of a death spiral thru downtown looking for a parking space. What was I doing there? I don't know. Neither did the notary, so I left.

Met Raffy at his house, John showed up and we went to A&S where they promptly gave me a t shirt. That's as in free. Kewl. BBQ right next door that had brisquet that melts in your mouth. Ted Shred refused to be seen in public with us using some kind of poor excuse like, work. Ted, ever hear the word, "irresponsible"?

A bunch met at Raffy's house for the ride to din din and all I have to say about that: these boys can ride. I had to pedal, paddle, stroke and shut off the a/c to maintain a semblance of keeping up with these doods. We rawked down this delta road with a nice appetizer of small bugs. Yum! Got ran smoothe off the road by an irate pickup driver and played in the gravel a bit. My mantra? "Please don't let me wad Raffy's bike".

John led the way because Raffy was afraid to. Something about getting the whole group close to arrested once or some other equally poor excuse. I have to tell you that Billy Omaha's K1200R sounds unbelievable as he passes you at warp speed. There was also a GS that was piped that sounded like a Moto GP Ducati, as once again, I was passed. Did I say these boys can rip a delta road? Please don't let me wad Raffy's bike, please.

As soon as you walked into the place for eats, you were immediately accosted by tons of mounted animals hanging from the wall. I didn't know if it was the menu, but it was amazing. If I ever get my luggage back (sitting here at the airport in SAC) I'll post some pix.

Quite a turnout, the food was great (thanx for din din, y'all) and I was made and honorary HDDC member, complete with t shirt. Please don't let me wad Raffy's bike.

I got to the hotel at 11:30, asked for a 3:15 wakeup call, which I didn't get, but that's ok as I woke up and the phone ringing is just smoothe irritating at that time of day. The guy at the desk gave me a couple of power bars as a sorry.

If y'all ever get the opportunity, visit these fine folks here. Absolute king's walking this world, just great folk.

So, here I sit, bikeless. Another page turned. I think I'll visit my leetle 5 month old grandaughter as soon as I get to San Antonio. What am I gonna tell her?

Don't wad Raffy's bike.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #45 of 57 Old Sep 21st, 2006, 8:53 am

Quote:
The deed is done, barbara is now Raffy's.
Man, I like the way you write. Don't worry about no two wheels, just let it sink in. Hug that baby gal and all your worrys just melt away. I got to play grandad last Monday and I did not even think about the bike.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

post #46 of 57 Old Sep 21st, 2006, 8:57 am

Here ya go...

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #47 of 57 Old Sep 21st, 2006, 10:05 am

Hey Greg,
It was great to have you out, take a deep breath - Barbara now belongs to two other men and you didn't wad her on your last ride. Savor the anticipation while you wait for your new Gal, it'll make the first ride sooooo much sweeter.
Here's a few pictures waiting on our Ferry Ride.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HDDC09202006 001.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	6920   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDDC09202006 002.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	6921   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDDC09202006 003.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	6922   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDDC09202006 005.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	6923  

John & Cathy
Northern CA

Posse #2

post #48 of 57 Old Sep 21st, 2006, 10:44 am
Senior Member (ret.)

Rest assured Barbara will be well taken care of. She traded in the older guy for two younger ones .

Just so you feel better, I took her out today and gave my daughter Nicole a ride to school on it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #49 of 57 Old Sep 21st, 2006, 11:25 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
...these boys can ride.
Yep, they sure can.

Quote:
Something about getting the whole group close to arrested once or some other equally poor excuse.
More than once, from what I remember.

Quote:
If y'all ever get the opportunity, visit these fine folks here. Absolute king's walking this world, just great folk.
Agreed.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #50 of 57 Old Sep 21st, 2006, 12:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffyK
Rest assured Barbara will be well taken care of. She traded in the older guy for two younger ones .
--------------
Us "outsiders" are really confused now. Just who owns Barbara now?

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in