GT or GS Forum? oh well here GT vs GS - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 8:05 am Thread Starter

GT or GS Forum? oh well here GT vs GS

My humble opinions again!

Ok I have had the opportunity to ride the NEW GT and now as some of you know we own a R1200GS as well. I have test rode the R1200GS before and loved it.

Here are my thoughts so far. I have been a good husband and done the break in miles on the wifeís GS since she canít really ride it until the shocks are done and itís lowered (Iím such a nice hubby),
so after 500íish miles I have new thoughts of GS vs GT or the LT. Our poor LT is well, just left behind L technology has changed and the GS or GT win over the lt these dayís, Sorry you have been a wonderful machine in your 126k miles, but you just canít compare to the new improved bikes like the GT or the refined GS, (I bet my bike is really pissed right now!) I still love it though!

As far as a fun factor the GS just walks over new GT in the mountains, or anything else I have rode, which include bikes like the ST, RT, FJR, Ninjaís, KLR, LT and a couple HDís
I know, I said there was nothing better than the new GT on this planet and I'm not really changing my mind, just refining it

Will the GS keep up with the GT? No definitely not, not if your talking about raw power! the GT will out power the GS no problem! Will the GS take the curves better than the GT? , I can't say it will except in the really tight switch backs or real tight turns, then the GS will take the GT IMHO, Keep in mind we are nit picking here, both these machines are superb handling machines! Take the same rider put them on both the GS or GT and after they got used to each bike I'm sure they could take the curves TIGHT CURVES better on the GS, but the GT would pull away right out of the curve.
The GT suspension is technology in its finest form, the GS suspension works perfectly as it is! The GS is light real light 479 lbs wet it is so easy to play around with anywhere! it is remarkable, I really enjoyed riding it up here in the mountains, I enjoyed parking it, moving it in the garage, riding up the side of the hill instead of out of the driveway, over the small curb just because you can, Turning circles with it - that is a blast!
The upright riding position with the wide handle bars on the GS makes it the perfect machine for riding the mountains, you have a great field of view very easy to turn your head to see through the curves or just sight see, the added leverage of the wide bars makes every turn no matter how tight effortless. let me add, you can easily park thise machine about anywhewrre, on a rock dirt fairly steep grade on the side of a roadway to take that picture! which adds a HUGE smile factor!.

The GS handles just fine at top speeds down the highway keep in mind they said not to go over 5000 rpm so I kept varying my rpmís to a max of about 4500rpm. This was another of my concerns as I like to run about 80-82ishmph on trips, so that concern is gone, It does fine passing semiís or getting passed by a semi. It is firm and solid at highway speed.

Wind protection was much better than I thought it would be on the GS, I know you look at the bike and say there is no wind protection, but there is, I have a bad lower back and neck injury and can not take head winds for very long, I was not bothered at all for the jaunt we took down the interstate which would bother me if it had too poor of wind protection (I cannot ride a windshield less bike at highway speeds)

Iím not comparing dollar values as that just opens a can of worms, everyone has their limit everyone has different justifications for what they spend, some can afford some can not some just have a different opinion of affording, I know one that lives in a 1.5m dollar home and canít ďaffordĒ to buy a 10k dollar bike. Some may just have a love of motorcycling and find a way to pay for it (that would be us) who needs a retirement! We may not be here that long! for those looking to pick apart the dollars go buy a used Concourse, Ninja 250, KLR or a moped!

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)

Last edited by tmgs; Sep 5th, 2006 at 8:12 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 9:29 am

Tom
Thank you for this good report. I was more interested on the GS and it give me some good ideas.
Now, have your wife ever ride on the back of yours GS? How did she like,(or not) it?
Thank you again.

--------------------------------
Elton 'StrsOut' Marks '02 Silver-Member #337 (or 287?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 LT - 62,394 miles as of 08/05/2007
2003 GS - 20,960 miles as of 07/11/2008
Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 65 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 9:36 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by strsout
Tom
Thank you for this good report. I was more interested on the GS and it give me some good ideas.
Now, have your wife ever ride on the back of yours GS? How did she like,(or not) it?
Thank you again.

Thank You for reading it!

This GS is actually hers, http://tinyurl.com/r64sq she just can't ride it till it gets lowered, she has a lowered RT now so she has not been on the back of the bike, I thought maybe tonight taking her on the back and hitting a couple fire trails if she gets home from work in time, that is IF I can get her on hte back of HER bike .
I can get about another 50-60 miles and still have enough left to get it to the dealer just in time for it's 600 mile service!.

Tom

Tom

post #4 of 65 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 2:16 pm

Gs

I would also like to know how your wife likes it on the back of the GS. Or maybe she can take you for a ride and let us know how it is for the passenger???? LOL

Marc Pillis- MSF Rider Coach
Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650
post #5 of 65 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 3:02 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpillis
I would also like to know how your wife likes it on the back of the GS. Or maybe she can take you for a ride and let us know how it is for the passenger???? LOL

HA HA HA HA HA HA

No way am I getting on the back of a woman driving a bike!

NEVER!

(well ok maybe I have once )

Tom

post #6 of 65 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 3:14 pm

The GS is a girl's bike! That's why Karen and Vicki own one!!!
post #7 of 65 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 3:18 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13

Printed out in a glossy 8*10 Framed and ready to submit to all the adventure riding mags as soon as MESSY 13 gets his girls bike!

Hey I ride a Mauve LT do you really think I care if it's a girls bike!

Tom

post #8 of 65 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 7:30 pm

Hey Tom, I'm just wondering if you got the new and improved, "Fat Finger" keyboard.
Your typing has taken a turn here, son!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #9 of 65 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 8:41 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Hey Tom, I'm just wondering if you got the new and improved, "Fat Finger" keyboard.

nrut for the worser or betterer

Tom

post #10 of 65 Old Sep 5th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
I'm guessin' Karen or Lavona typed it!
post #11 of 65 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 12:42 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Yes... and Raffy too!!!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #12 of 65 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 6:16 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
Yes... and Raffy too!!!

not to worry he's just poking me cause he knows there is a darn good chance I'm going to end up with the GS-A before him, or a GS and both a GS and a GT if I sell my LT.

i don't know why he is so worried though, he knows I'll let him ride it (as long as we swap keys )

Tom

Tom

post #13 of 65 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 7:40 am

You guys really need to read more carefully. The GS is really his wife, Karen's, bike. He only gets to ride it because it isn't lowered yet. Tom is taking his time to do that, because once he does he knows he won't be riding it any more and he'll be looking at her rear fender more than he has in the past.

Runnin' and duckin'.

P.S. Good to see you last week, Bro. We need to get together as soon as I can get work to quit interfering with my pleasure time.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #14 of 65 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 3:10 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
You guys really need to read more carefully. The GS is really his wife, Karen's, bike. He only gets to ride it because it isn't lowered yet. Tom is taking his time to do that, because once he does he knows he won't be riding it any more and he'll be looking at her rear fender more than he has in the past.

Runnin' and duckin'.

P.S. Good to see you last week, Bro. We need to get together as soon as I can get work to quit interfering with my pleasure time.

Actually after the fire roads and wolf pen gap today, the break in miles are done, the bike is a blast in the gap , does well off road and is ready for it;s 600 mile service, I will be leaving it in atlanta till the bike is done picking up my lt and bringing it home tomorrow, I go in the horspistol friday and if they don't kill me be back home healed up if all goes well and ordering my new bike next week still have not made up my mind GS GS-A OR GT

I want em all but can only ride one or two at a time

as far as you and I getting together,
well is anything broke or need installed on your bike?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaa

Tom

Tom

post #15 of 65 Old Sep 6th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
as far as you and I getting together,

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaa
Oh that's rich!
post #16 of 65 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 1:49 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Rocky Mayer and his wife have ridden to Alaska on their 1150 GS. They have a few add ons (windshield, highway pegs, lights, and of course custom seat) to make it LD friendly, but it can be done.

You'd really have to take a test drive with Elaine to know if it may work for you both.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #17 of 65 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 6:35 am

Quote:
Nope, I'm in good shape. Need to do an oil change, but that's a sleeper job, I just need to ride.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #18 of 65 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 6:22 pm

Thumbs up GT vs GS vs RT

Now finish the test ! How about When the pavement ends?

The bottom line the GS rules overall.

I rode the GT . I feel the new RT performs better overall than the GT. Especially in the dirt. The majority of GT people complain of the RT vibes on the bars. I noticed the GT to be very irritating with seat vibes with motor breaking. Ergos with the GT Gave me a weggie the first time out. BTW the 1200 S runs away from the GT. They are all great bikes just test and choose your Weapon for me GSA.

Pete Murray
IBA # 359 and
2014 RT
1973 R75/5
2002 LT 171 K Gone
2008 FJR 36 K Gone
Stroudsburg, PA
post #19 of 65 Old Sep 7th, 2006, 8:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray
Now finish the test !
It all depends what criteria you set for "the test". I'll take my GT anywhere you would want to take an RT. And you better be one heck of a rider if you're going to keep up with my GT in the twisties...whether you're on an RT, or GS. The GT just has too many ponies for that Boxer powerplant. As for the 'S'. Great bike. I just wouldn't want to try riding it for much more than 400-500 miles a day. I lived that lie on my Ninja. Very similar bike. But the lack of wind protection killed me on 800-mile days.

So for me, the GT it is.

But in '08, I'll most likely be adding a GS to the stable. A GT and a GS in one garage? Almost too much to bear.
post #20 of 65 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 5:39 am

Smile

Quote:
It all depends what criteria you set for "the test". I'll take my GT anywhere you would want to take an RT. And you better be one heck of a rider if you're going to keep up with my GT in the twisties...whether you're on an RT, or GS. The GT just has too many ponies for that Boxer powerplant. As for the 'S'. Great bike. I just wouldn't want to try riding it for much more than 400-500 miles a day. I lived that lie on my Ninja. Very similar bike. But the lack of wind protection killed me on 800-mile days.

So for me, the GT it is.

But in '08, I'll most likely be adding a GS to the stable. A GT and a GS in one garage? Almost too much to bear.
I Agree the GT will pull the RT in the straights. But in the tight twisties like the Tail I see the advantage going to the RT.The torque and 50 lbs less weight will help offset the HP difference. Even on the Chera??? loop it would be close with the advantage to the GT. With equal rider abilities.
As for the twisty challenge , How about Manhattan to SF and back. You can pick the route. I'll even give you a 4 hour head start and use my LT .

Pete Murray
IBA # 359 and
2014 RT
1973 R75/5
2002 LT 171 K Gone
2008 FJR 36 K Gone
Stroudsburg, PA
post #21 of 65 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 6:11 am

Quote:
I Agree the GT will pull the RT in the straights. But in the tight twisties like the Tail I see the advantage going to the RT.The torque and 50 lbs less weight will help offset the HP difference. Even on the Chera??? loop it would be close with the advantage to the GT. With equal rider abilities.
A GS couldn't hang with me. And I thought it was even lighter than the RT with the same motor. Hhmmn...
post #22 of 65 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 12:51 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
He specifically said "equal rider abilities". But since no one equals you, I guess we'll never know.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #23 of 65 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 5:31 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Now finish the test ! How about When the pavement ends?
I took her off road wednesday just up fire roads up to suches, it did as good as I expected, I'm an old dirt biker myself so can ride off road but am darn sure out of pratice and after the day off road, I think I will keep taking it easy with it off road, too much money to start playing hard with the gs off road, cause it will darn sure let you play hard! and too much titanium in me and money in back repairs already! after about a hour or two I started thinking WTF am I doing I'm not 19 any more and this is a damn pricey bike I'm about to dump! Boy was it fun though!

Tom

Tom

post #24 of 65 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 5:35 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
As for the twisty challenge , How about Manhattan to SF and back. You can pick the route. I'll even give you a 4 hour head start and use my LT .

not on the rt, sorry but that gt will take that RT particularly on the cherohala! you would be better off tryying him out on the gap or wayah rd

personally I think the GS will eat the RT up all day long on any of those roads

seeriously
as fars as all out running
GT
GS
RT

in that order in my opinion

i'm going with the gs for the all around fun factor period, i'm giuving up the comforts the gt offer for it

Tom

Tom

post #25 of 65 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 5:39 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
He specifically said "equal rider abilities". But since no one equals you, I guess we'll never know.
actually that rider that day was pretty damn good, I was there when all this riding was going on, the GT just pulls away to easily from the GS and FJR in the curves the gt handles the bumpy roads much better like taking the shortcut through Joyce kilmer,

Tom

Tom

post #26 of 65 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 8:16 pm

Smile

Quote:
not on the rt, sorry but that gt will take that RT particularly on the cherohala! you would be better off tryying him out on the gap or wayah rd

personally I think the GS will eat the RT up all day long on any of those roads

seeriously
as fars as all out running
GT
GS
RT

in that order in my opinion

i'm going with the gs for the all around fun factor period, i'm giuving up the comforts the gt offer for it

Tom
Tom I was referring to the GT-RT shootout... Did you ride the new RT? On the tail the RT will give the GT a run for the money. The torque and 50 less pounds allows the rider to hold it on longer , break later and carry more corner speed. The RT generates more usable power. My favorite is the GSA. Be careful off road. And congrats to your wife on her new bike. I'm jealous

Pete Murray
IBA # 359 and
2014 RT
1973 R75/5
2002 LT 171 K Gone
2008 FJR 36 K Gone
Stroudsburg, PA
post #27 of 65 Old Sep 8th, 2006, 8:34 pm

Quote:
Tom I was referring to the GT-RT shootout... Did you ride the new RT? On the tail the RT will give the GT a run for the money. The torque and 50 less pounds allows the rider to hold it on longer , break later and carry more corner speed. The RT generates more usable power. My favorite is the GSA. Be careful off road. And congrats to your wife on her new bike. I'm jealous
The RT is NOT 50 pounds lighter. Read my new post in the GT forum. And any time you want to run, let me know. Tom watched me smoke a GS rider on the Skyway. And last I checked, the GS is lighter than the RT and has the same powerplant. The Boxer motor is simply no match for the new slant 4. Not even close.

The funny thing is...on the BMW website, the RT is under the "Touring" classification. The GT is under "Sport Touring". Maybe that should give you a little clue.
post #28 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 5:50 am Thread Starter

Quote:

yup I have rode the new RT almost got it for karen cause it was so much lighter than her RT, the engine braking of the RT is good and that is the only advantage I see, the GT has so much power at any rpm range I can't see the rt holding the curves to the GT, The only reason I think the GS will hold up with the GT is because it is so much lighter and has a good upright position for being able to see clearly. and I am not talking about the GS holding up to the GT on the cherohala, I'm talking through woldpen gap deals gap type roads. real tight curves, then the gt will just out power the gs right out of the curve

I've been on the roads here a coupel times on all of them, I'm not a big RT fan although it is a fine machine!
I'm not a pro rider just a average maybe a little above average _good_ rider that is lucky enough to know these roads well.

you really need to hot dog a gt around up here some time, WOW you will not believe the power on that thing

Tom

post #29 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 5:56 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
Nope, I'm in good shape. Need to do an oil change, but that's a sleeper job, I just need to ride.

yea yea yea , I hear ya , but we all know you never ride! always some exccuse like work the yard something

hahahahaha

ya know I have a yard maintence contract so I can have free time to ride,

Tom

post #30 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 6:01 am Thread Starter

Quote:
How about Manhattan to SF and back. You can pick the route. I'll even give you a 4 hour head start and use my LT .

you might not want to bet on that one, I know a leetle gal that can run circles around darn near every man I know on a gs

4 days 22.5 hours PB to KW with a break down on a 650 gs
on her 1200gs she is unstopable!

in fact I think between the two of them there were a couple minor breakdowns not planned for

Tom

post #31 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 6:33 am

Smile Joe Review

Quote:
The RT is NOT 50 pounds lighter. Read my new post in the GT forum. And any time you want to run, let me know. Tom watched me smoke a GS rider on the Skyway. And last I checked, the GS is lighter than the RT and has the same powerplant. The Boxer motor is simply no match for the new slant 4. Not even close.

The funny thing is...on the BMW website, the RT is under the "Touring" classification. The GT is under "Sport Touring". Maybe that should give you a little clue.

As you can now see I was referring to the weight of the RT and GT. The GT is 50 lbs > than the RT OK ?

Pete Murray
IBA # 359 and
2014 RT
1973 R75/5
2002 LT 171 K Gone
2008 FJR 36 K Gone
Stroudsburg, PA
post #32 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 6:44 am

Talking Joes Challange

Quote:

< SNIP >

< Joe Wrote> And any time you want to run, let me know.

Pete Murray
IBA # 359 and
2014 RT
1973 R75/5
2002 LT 171 K Gone
2008 FJR 36 K Gone
Stroudsburg, PA
post #33 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 8:09 am

Thumbs up Questionable Interpretations ??

Quote:
Thank You Ken !
PeteM AKA Murray
post #34 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 8:21 am

Quote:
As you can now see I was referring to the weight of the RT and GT. The GT is 50 lbs > than the RT OK ?
NO! The GT is only 27 pounds heavier than the RT. You're almost 50% wrong already.
post #35 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 8:23 am

Quote:

post #36 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 8:32 am

Quote:
NO! The GT is only 27 pounds heavier than the RT. You're almost 50% wrong already.

With or without the bags?

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #37 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 8:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
With or without the bags?
Each bike weighed in the same format. You silly LT riders don't know what it's like to have a bike where the bags are actually removable. The poor thing is just in a constant state of WHALE WEIGHT!
post #38 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 8:45 am

Ahhhhhh Grasshopper, the bags of my primary bike are removeable.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #39 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 8:59 am

Smile

Quote:
you might not want to bet on that one, I know a leetle gal that can run circles around darn near every man I know on a gs

4 days 22.5 hours PB to KW with a break down on a 650 gs
on her 1200gs she is unstopable!

in fact I think between the two of them there were a couple minor breakdowns not planned for
Tom check again that offer was for joe. No doubt the PB-KW great ride.

You may recall last september I was the second guy to complete Trifecta, John Ryan the first. Thats 4,500 plus miles under 72 hours with 800 miles of rain on the third leg.

PeteM AKA murray
post #40 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 9:01 am

Quote:
Wrong ! Go to the BMW website
post #41 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 9:07 am

Talking

Quote:
Next summer, I'll be headed out to the west coast. I'll run you then. I have a feeling you'll be lost in Kansas somewhere, while I'm sipping a cool drink on a boat off the coast of San Diego!
Good Luck ! I suggest you get at least a BBG under your belt.
PeteM AKA murray
post #42 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 11:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteM
Wrong ! Go to the BMW website
No, YOU'RE wrong. The weigh the RT without bag, and the GT with bag. That's a 25 pound difference. HELLO!
post #43 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 11:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteM
You may recall last september I was the second guy to complete Trifecta, John Ryan the first. Thats 4,500 plus miles under 72 hours with 800 miles of rain on the third leg.
Isn't the "second guy" another way of saying FIRST LOSER!

Boy you Iron Butt guys can stay awake a LONG TIME! Not great riders mind you. But you can stay awake a LONG LONG TIME!!!
post #44 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 12:07 pm

Quote:

Boy you Iron Butt guys can stay awake a LONG TIME! Not great riders mind you. But you can stay awake a LONG LONG TIME!!!
tick, tick, tick....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #45 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Cool

Quote:

Good one! Just stating the facts. There are 3 other guys who have completer that ride,,, I would say it is one hell of a Great group of losers and Riders.

Pete Murray
IBA # 359 and
2014 RT
1973 R75/5
2002 LT 171 K Gone
2008 FJR 36 K Gone
Stroudsburg, PA
post #46 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 12:43 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Joe, start with your first BBG, then we can talk. When you get to three in a row, then I'll be impressed. Otherwise, it's just trolling.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #47 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 12:46 pm

Thumbs down

Quote:

BTW... I knew it would not take long for you to start with the insults. Looks like you are attacking the LDR community not just the IBA. Criticism is flattery at its best.

Pete Murray
IBA # 359 and
2014 RT
1973 R75/5
2002 LT 171 K Gone
2008 FJR 36 K Gone
Stroudsburg, PA
post #48 of 65 Old Sep 9th, 2006, 4:40 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
It's not Joe's fault. It's just too far for him, so he has to cut us down to try and elevate himself. Too bad that never works.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #49 of 65 Old Sep 12th, 2006, 4:55 pm

Quote:
If you are going to be nit picking, keep in mind that RT's weight includes 7.1 US Gal of fuel vs. GT's 6.3 US Gal, that is approximately 5 lbs (1 US Gal is about 6 lbs).

So for a true apples to apples comparision, GT is 32 lbs heavier.
post #50 of 65 Old Sep 12th, 2006, 5:34 pm

Quote:
It's not Joe's fault. It's just too far for him, so he has to cut us down to try and elevate himself. Too bad that never works.
Wow Ken! What an original statement! That sounds NOTHING like what I said just one day before in another thread. How about an original thought there big guy?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in