Hello, they call me Bruce - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 3:28 pm Thread Starter

Hello, they call me Bruce

Good Afternoon All,

I'm brand new to this forum and the '06 K1200LT is new to my garage as of yesterday. This is my 7th motorcycle ('83 Honda XL600R, BMW R80/7, R65/7, '89 HD 883 Sportster Custom, R1200C Montauk, Yamaha TTR-250) and 4th BMW. The LT is a whole galaxy away from the Montauk I traded in yesterday. (Be nice, I loved my Montauk for what it was, it just didn't do everything I wanted it to do) Ride home from BMW of Fresno was AWESOME. Looking forward to being on the other side of the breakin miles. At any rate, I've learned the value of a good M/C forum and I hope this is THE one for the LT. Thanks and see you on the road!

Bruce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 3:42 pm
Rider Journeyman

Welcome aboard!!

Howdy Bruce,

Yes, you found THE board for the LT. I've been on-line searching for LT related information and this board is by far the best resource available.

Welcome to your new playground!

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 4:09 pm

"Hello, they call me Bruce"

I thought you was gonna tell us how long you've been sober next. But I digress...

Welcome to the loonie bin buddy. Ain't nothing like a new bike, eh? The only thing wrong with them is they come with ZERO miles! But we know the cure for that alright.

Oh and . . . if you're smart, you'll go hide your wallet, but quick! Otherwise these guys will try to teach you every way possible to make sure it's empty! I didn't even know how to spell "Gee Pee Ess" when I found this hole. Next thing I know, I've got over $4k worth of "accessories" on my LT. Yea...these guys are something else. The Flotsam and Jetsam of the cyberworld.

Enjoy. And don't be a stranger...hear?

post #4 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 4:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCVBeck
Good Afternoon All,

I'm brand new to this forum and the '06 K1200LT is new to my garage as of yesterday. This is my 7th motorcycle ('83 Honda XL600R, BMW R80/7, R65/7, '89 HD 883 Sportster Custom, R1200C Montauk, Yamaha TTR-250) and 4th BMW. The LT is a whole galaxy away from the Montauk I traded in yesterday. (Be nice, I loved my Montauk for what it was, it just didn't do everything I wanted it to do) Ride home from BMW of Fresno was AWESOME. Looking forward to being on the other side of the breakin miles. At any rate, I've learned the value of a good M/C forum and I hope this is THE one for the LT. Thanks and see you on the road!

Bruce
Congrats and welcome to the forum, Bruce. Be sure to check out the FAQ's and Accessories pages, and hang onto your wallet!

I wish you many happy and safe miles.

Blessings!
munson+

The Rev. John Munson
Vicar,
, Burkburnett, Texas
Vicar,
, Wichita Falls, Texas
2007 R1200RT "REV ZM"
IRON BUTT ASSOC. #37813
See my video:
post #5 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Welcome Bruce. Hanford,Ca... is that up in the Bass Lake area? Also if you are going to have the dealer do the 600 mile service schedule it now. If Fresno dealer is like the ones down near me they are 2-3 weeks wait in the service dept. Glad to have you here.

Tony 05
post #6 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 4:54 pm

Bruce,

Welcome to the group! I'm not too far away over in Springville. If you are ever in the area give me a call (I'm in the phone book). Come over and see how the LT handles the curves.
Maybe I'll run into you at Fresno BMW one of these days.

Dan King
2000 K1200LTC
Springville, Ca
post #7 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 6:38 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Welcome, Bruce!

Congrats on the purchase of your new LT.

And yes: we think this is the best LT resource around!

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #8 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 6:53 pm

Hey Bruce, Velcome!

We don't want to hear from you. We want you riding and smiling hard enough to fracture a face muscle.

What are doing reading this? Go ride, dammit!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #9 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 7:47 pm

Welcome Bruce.
What is your story, how did you come to the decision to get an LT?
Don't baby the bike break it in right.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
post #10 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 8:50 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Welcome to the nut house Bruce!! now get the hell out there and ride the piss out of her No realy welcome and enjoy!!

Stevie Shreeve
post #11 of 11 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 9:38 pm Thread Starter

My story? Pretty boring actually. My Bride and I have been going for day-rides on my '04 R1200C Montauk since arriving in Hanford, CA last year. (Active Duty US NAVY, currently stationed at Naval Air Station Lemoore) I had done everything I could do to make the Montauk more friendly for us. (Read this last sentence: Spent LOTS of money on a two-up Corbin w/back rests, touring bags, Cee Baileys 21" x 4" windshield, Reflexx shorty shifter peg, etc). Like I said earlier, the Montauk was great for what it was made for, and my Chromehead Brothers are fixing to disown me, but we just wanted more power (116 HP vs 61HP) and comfort. No excuses or anything... I'd be out of riding for years and just didn't know any better AND James Bond looked COOL! But I digress... For my money, the LT brings unequalled styling, comfort and innovation to the table. I thought about an ElectraGlide Ultra Classic but this was vetoed since the HD guys wouldn't even talk about taking my Montauk in trade and my Bride isn't into Harleys. We did, however, enjoy the '89 Sportster I owned in Japan. Also thought long about a wing. Not bad as several models are available for less than an LT. I figured it was better to get a motorcycle that my Bride was happy to be on instead of riding alone. I've never ridden a Wing so I don't have any experience in comparing it to an LT. Read lots of reviews and it was pretty even.

In the final analysis, it's not what one rides so much as it is THE RIDE. See you on the road.

Bruce

Bruce

BMW MOA# 130127
IBA# 49203
MSF RiderCoach
USN (Retired)

'13 R1200GSA (Magma Red)

"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in