Bike School Fun - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 12:49 pm Thread Starter

Talking Bike School Fun

Just finished Kieth Codes Calif. Superbike School- One full day of fun and learning @ Mid-Ohio Raceway (great track for MCs) I have ridden for over 25 years, on & off road, fast (VFRs, K1200RS, and a short stint on a 'Busa) and big bikes (yeah, the LTC is a big girl, but she can dance and has nice legs..) and I thought I was done learning, BUT...-

The techniques they use to break down throttle response, corner entry, visioning, etc are so well presented, you come away saying "sh-t, how come I didnt see that before?" and the on-track instruction is first rate- I would of never got lean angles or cornering like that on my own if I wasn't following someone who knew their stuff and I trusted not to sandbag me. ( we rode the Kawasaki XR6Rs, all set up for the track)

I am no longer riding (for now) crotch rockets- but this training has many road riding applications, and its so much fun my cheeks still hurt from grinning- best x-mas gift I have ever gotten.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 5:01 pm

I gave Dean the same thing for Christmas a few years back (I know, I know, what a wife, you're all thinking ) He had a BLAST and came back a very improved rider; he couldn't say enough great things about the instructors.
post #3 of 4 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:47 am

Re: Bike School Fun

I'm doing the California Superbike School in June and they recommended I spend the day on my LT as it's my normal ride. As I ride 30,000 miles a year already I wonder how much I'll get out of it.

Any views?

post #4 of 4 Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 3:57 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Bike School Fun

I took the Streetmasters Precision Cornering Workshop last November (2007), in Lancaster (early morning meeting / 1 hour classroom) and Rosamond (track). I highly recommend it.

http://www.streetmasters.info/

The instructors are true professionals. The same can be said for the organization skills of the rest of the staff.

I was on the lone K1200GT. There were also several RxxxxRTs, a K1200S, at least one Gold Wing, several Harleys and Ducatis and many others; a good mix.

It was an experience that I will always remember, and plan to repeat someday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in