New Postal stamp - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Aug 9th, 2006, 9:21 pm Thread Starter

New Postal stamp

New First Class Motorcycle Stamp Available at Your Local Post Office.

The U.S. Postal Service celebrates motorcycles this month with a new First Class (39 cents) commemorative stamp. “Issued” this week at the 2006 Sturgis motorcycle rally and now available at local post offices, the stamps portray four classic motorcycles: a 1918 Cleveland, a 1940 Indian Four, a 1970-era chopper, and a 1965 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide.

Wonder what the criteria wuz for choosing that line-up?? Not rantin' - just curious how they do those thangs.

Really hard to see the cut-sheet layout of the stamps, butt scroll down toward the bottom of this site for a look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 4:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
New First Class Motorcycle Stamp Available at Your Local Post Office.
And just how many sheets did you buy for your collection?

I reckon, numis... numistasti.... num.... oh hell, stamp collecting, they won't be worth much for awhile. Just my 39 cents worth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 5:12 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
And just how many sheets did you buy for your collection?

I reckon, numis... numistasti.... num.... oh hell, stamp collecting, they won't be worth much for awhile. Just my 39 cents worth
Nah, I dent buy none - that's philatelic stuff and I do numis... numistasti.... num.... oh hell, coin stuff!! Butt, you're right - they'll sell like crazy at issue time, then it'll be awhile before value arrives. Unless.... they make a printing error (highly unlikely these days) or they curtail volume, thus creating a supply/demand scenario. Still, pretty risky in the short term. BTW, got any old coins laying around you don't need???

post #4 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 5:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
BTW, got any old coins laying around you don't need???
You coming to CCR Dick? I just may have a couple coins that you'd love. I have little appreciation for such things. And I sure ain't going to become a millionaire selling them, so you might-as-well have them. IF I can even find them...
post #5 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 6:18 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
You coming to CCR Dick? I just may have a couple coins that you'd love. I have little appreciation for such things. And I sure ain't going to become a millionaire selling them, so you might-as-well have them. IF I can even find them...
Mornin' Joe -

Nah.... no CCR for me and ole Toad this year. Next year for sure tho.

Thanks for the kind offer; I'd be appreciative, you bet. Tell ya what tho; hold onto those thangs and maybe, just maybe, your son might one day pick up the attraction of collecting. A great pastime, IMHO, and can be as expensive or as moderately affordable as need be. Chances are it won't make him rich monetarily, butt sure can provide a wealth of historical knowledge/facts related to the growth of this great nation; some keen pleasure and entertainment; and maybe somethang he can pass on down to his kids. I think I'd like that better than me taking 'em off your hands - heck, if he ever goes that route, and I'm still around, I'd love to help start him off with a small donation in some facet of numismatics.

Thanks again, Joe. See ya in Toad Suck!!
post #6 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 6:51 am

well Dick since it came up, how did the coin grading go or are you still waiting for returns? You may be surprised at new coin values, I know with gold prices up a lot of money can be made ifn you already have you sum of dem gold coins already.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #7 of 9 Old Aug 10th, 2006, 7:47 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGILLS2
well Dick since it came up, how did the coin grading go or are you still waiting for returns? You may be surprised at new coin values, I know with gold prices up a lot of money can be made ifn you already have you sum of dem gold coins already.
Ya know, Floyd - if I wuzn't so laid back, I'd be in Floriday right now, pouncing on somebody's chest and leavin' black-n-blue marks - permanent!!

Got two grading services down there, and I picked the wrong one. Gonna be another learnin' lesson, I guess. It'll have a favorable outcome, butt the hassle and the greedyness are just not necessary. I feel sorry for someone, just starting out in num..... numis.... aw hell, coin collecting, if they have to deal with an outfit like I'm dealing with as their initiation.

Hey, whaddid ya think of Joe's offer? Wuzn't that topnotch. The guy can't figger out if he likes his new GT or not, butt he throws coins out to guyz like me who are into num..... numis...... aw, hell, coin fondling!!

Take care, Floyd. Good luck in the hobby.
post #8 of 9 Old Aug 11th, 2006, 7:26 am

Howdy Dick:

I hope you and yours have been doing well.

Can you tell me or does someone else know which ones I should be looking at for saving? I see that they have DCP and FDC, I believe FDC is first day or circulation but am not sure about the other one.

http://tinyurl.com/zgge3

Any thoughts?

Best regards, tony
Northville, MI
post #9 of 9 Old Aug 11th, 2006, 12:27 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony
Howdy Dick:

I hope you and yours have been doing well.

Can you tell me or does someone else know which ones I should be looking at for saving? I see that they have DCP and FDC, I believe FDC is first day or circulation but am not sure about the other one.

http://tinyurl.com/zgge3

Any thoughts?
Hi, Tony - great to hear from ya. Doing well down here in the hotland!! Hope you and Karry are well.

Man, I don't know nuttin' about stamp collecting. Tried it one time, years ago, and since nuttin' wuz shiney and spendy, I gave it up and instead, have done coins for the past 52 years. Don't know much about them either, since I've been kinda ignoring 'em for too long. Gonna get back in it soon, now that I got Cheryl retired and she's volunteered to baby sit the paw print gang.

Maybe somebody here on the forums will PM ya with stamp info. Sorry I can't help.

Take care, Tony. And if you're goin' to CCR, ride safe and tell 'em all I said hello. Best.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in