What the ?? (Honda Spray Polish) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 12:53 pm Thread Starter

What the ?? (Honda Spray Polish)

I'm hearing rumors out of Kaliphornia that this wonder cleaner, Honda Spray Polish, has been banned by the EPA???!!?!?

Seems "a fella" went to his local bike shop to buy a can, the place was locked down - went back later when it was open and that's the story he got.

Anyone verify? Sounds like he was 'deflected' to me - some other reason and that was a smart assed reply by a frustrated employee.

Maybe a sales stunt?

Tate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 12:57 pm Thread Starter

Na, has to be some kinda stunt or something. Quick poke'n through the EPA's web site, regulations and what not - I find no listing of any kind for this miracle juice.

Tate

post #3 of 14 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 1:44 pm

Pro Honda

Spray Polish is a great cleaner, smells like household Pledge, looks and feels like household pledge but I am sure that are extra cleaning chemicals in that can because it cleans and it cleans well, grease, oil, brake dust, bugs you name it.

I used it on my LT many times when I did not feel like getting the water hose out.

Heading to my local Honda Shop tomorrow with Dad (he needs something for his Wing) and I will ask around.

Darcy Bastos
2007 FJR1300
2007 Ducati GT1000 Sport Classic
Atlanta, GA

post #4 of 14 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 2:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotter
I'm hearing rumors out of Kaliphornia that this wonder cleaner, Honda Spray Polish, has been banned by the EPA???!!?!?

Seems "a fella" went to his local bike shop to buy a can, the place was locked down - went back later when it was open and that's the story he got.

Anyone verify? Sounds like he was 'deflected' to me - some other reason and that was a smart assed reply by a frustrated employee.

Maybe a sales stunt?

here is a clip from a web site

The story goes like this....17 states have banned Honda Polish for either
the presence of a material, or the excessive percentage of that material (I
wasn't clear on this.). Honda is supposedly working on a new formulation.
Honda still sells it in the other states and I believe you can still buy it
from places like Servicehonda.com and ronayres.com. This story has been
confirmed by local dealers (so not internet lore.)

BTW honda did not invent this product, the fellow that did actually was in our local bmw dealer one time talking to Megan about it

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #5 of 14 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 3:13 pm Thread Starter

Any chance of a link to that clip? Be nice to share that around some places....

Tate

post #6 of 14 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 3:34 pm
NM99K12LT

Honda cleaner = S100?

FWIW - parts counter guy at Honda dealer said Honda cleaner is just repackaged S100. Don't know if thats so or not - but the S100 products and the Honda cleaner are the best products I've come across for cleaning a bike.
post #7 of 14 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Exclamation Protect All

Being an old Honda guy, I used their(?) product for years. But since the Georgia Mountain Rally, I have begun using a new product. It's called "Protect All", and it's sold by one of our forum members. Nick Plenzick (nplenzick) did me right by steering me toward his product.

Here's a link to his site: http://www.nickplenzickenterprises.com/
post #8 of 14 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 5:03 pm Thread Starter

Mm, Web site says that Protect All leaves a bit of a 'slippery' finish - also suggests surfaces be clean already (not a cleaner like the Honda juice?). Is this stuff more in the direction of Armour All?

Tate

post #9 of 14 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Thanks Joe.
I'm as anal as they come and I have yet to see a product that is as good as Protect All. So good in fact that most auto supplies won't carry it, it seems there would be no need of them to sell any of their other products. For use on all parts of your bike, car (inside and outside), and just about anything else that needs protecting. We even use it on our granite counter tops. Its really not a new product, it's been widely used for years in the RV world.
I'll be at the Four winds rally and the Finger Lakes rally so you can see for yourself .
post #10 of 14 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 5:14 pm

Quote:
Mm, Web site says that Protect All leaves a bit of a 'slippery' finish - also suggests surfaces be clean already (not a cleaner like the Honda juice?). Is this stuff more in the direction of Armour All?
It does have some cleaning ability, surface should be washed first, if the paint, chrome, or what ever is oxidized then you do need to polish first. If you have paint on a 15 year old car that's never been cared for then you would need to compound first then apply Protect All.
It's nothing like Armour All ( I hate that stuff). Protect all does not leave a greasy finish, it does not leave an unnatural finish....just a like new one!
post #11 of 14 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 6:53 pm

Quote:
Any chance of a link to that clip? Be nice to share that around some places....
shoot where did I get that at,

not sure but here is a link

http://www.nabble.com/Honda-Pro-Polish...-t1950894.html

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #12 of 14 Old Aug 5th, 2006, 10:16 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by nplenzick
It does have some cleaning ability, surface should be washed first, if the paint, chrome, or what ever is oxidized then you do need to polish first.
I find that Protect All cleans as good as the Honda "Cleaner" does. And FWIW, I like the odor of Protect All better than the Honda Cleaner. Drives the ladies NUTZ!
post #13 of 14 Old Aug 5th, 2006, 11:37 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I find that Protect All cleans as good as the Honda "Cleaner" does. And FWIW, I like the odor of Protect All better than the Honda Cleaner. Drives the ladies NUTZ!
Yeah? How does it taste?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #14 of 14 Old Aug 5th, 2006, 11:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Yeah? How does it taste?
Don't worry Grif. Nothing tops your Lockite!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in