Bluetooth Headsets - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 7:26 am Thread Starter

Bluetooth Headsets

I was looking at bluetooh headsets last night. I wanted one for riding when I am on the bike. I was told that all of them require you to touch the headset to answer or end calls. Anyone using a bluetooth have this? It is hard to touch it under a helmet. Also, they are kind of bulky to fit under a helmet, are ther any slim ones that work better?

Thanks

Follow my South America ride at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 8:53 am
Jim
Slow Old Guy

Garry,

I use one when I am working sometimes to be able to continue what I am doing and still talk to customers. I have some really long winded ones. In my limited experience, what you are asking is more of a phone feature than the headset. I have my phone headset profile set to auto answer. Don't have to push the button. Two rings and it connects. When the other person hangs up, it disconnects.

If you want to use the voice dial, you have to push the button.

There is no way I would be able to get the one I use to fit under a helmet.

Jim Anderson
Idyllwild, CA
'04 Ural Tourist
'08 Tiger
post #3 of 11 Old Aug 4th, 2006, 9:26 am

I would be interested in Bluetooth communications as well. How well does the phone, stereo, MP3 player integrate into the helmets?

post #4 of 11 Old Aug 6th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Bluetooth Headsets

I have been using a bluetooth unit for a couple of years on my R1150RT. I connect the phone lead from the autocom to it and the phone stays waterproof in my pocket. I set it on Auto-answer, if I want to use voice-dialling I need to press the button briefly. I have also used it with a standard helmet headset. The unit is approx 1 inch diameter and half an inch thick. It has a clip on the back for attaching to a pocket or whatever. I used to attach mine to the key cover of my filler cap.
I got the unit with my Garmin 2610 bracket from a Dutch company called Waypoint. (www.gps.nl). The bluetooth is supplied with the perfectpilot blue cradle. I believe you can get them separately.
It is manufactured by a company called Bluetalk.
If I can get them off my camera I'll post some pictures. Pictures now available
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010122.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	5637   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010123.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	5638  

Last edited by axamax; Aug 6th, 2006 at 5:04 pm. Reason: Add Pictures
post #5 of 11 Old Aug 31st, 2006, 11:54 pm

post #6 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 7:45 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdriver51
Some have recommended the Scada one. I didn't want to buy a separate one just for my helmet and a second one for when I am not riding. I see that J&M now have an adapter that hooks into the JMCB-2003 that I have for cell phones. Does anyone have this yet?

Garry

Follow my South America ride at

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

post #7 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 8:05 am

Just purchased a Scala-Rider Bluetooth headset for use on the bike. Hope to use it with the new BMW Nav III, the dealer is installing the nav unit as we speak. Will post a review when I have given it a good test..

Tom

Tom McNulty
..sometimes you eat the bear...and sometimes, the bear eats you....

2003 Silver K1200LT---Sold
AKA "Miss Piggy"
2006 Graphit Gray R1200RT
AKA "Piglet"
post #8 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 1:46 pm

Post Phone headset

Garry,

Not a blue tooth unit but well practical and cheap for phone use try Cellular line.com I had one for my previous sony ericsson phone and it was Good.

I have an Autocom unit and use my phone trough that until I bought a Streetpilot 2820 last month which has bluetooth in it so I am covered at both ends. Hope you get sorted soon.

I have just checked their site and they now do a bluetooth unit check it out - don't know how good it is though the call it 'interphone' Good luck

Last edited by Thor1340; Sep 1st, 2006 at 2:11 pm. Reason: UPDATE
post #9 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 4:34 pm

I have a bluetooth earpiece and a motorolla phone and it has auto answer after two rings. A setting on the phone.If you want model nums and such let me know.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #10 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 7:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGILLS2
I have a bluetooth earpiece and a motorolla phone and it has auto answer after two rings. A setting on the phone.If you want model nums and such let me know.
Hey, Floyd - question(s) for ya. I've got a Crackberry that's fixin' to become a skeet target and am thinkin' about going Bluetooth with a Motorola. Gotta coupla months left on the crackberry contract before I can either change units, or switch to Verizon instead of Cingular. Sooo - what model Motorola is working for ya? What model Bluetooth earpiece? How is yours set up for riding? You have helmet speakers? You wear earplugs?

Ok - that's enough for now. Just whenever you have the time - you can ping me by PM, or at trucker at gvtc dot com, or you can just reply on-list here if you wanna. Thanks, Floyd. Wish I had talked with ya about it when you were at Grif's, butt wuzn't top priority for me then!!

Ride safe goin' back to Cajun country. Hope you had a grand time at CCR.
post #11 of 11 Old Sep 1st, 2006, 10:57 pm

Dick I just purchased motorolla phone and blutooth earpiece. Have not used it on the bike yet and I just had custom earplugs with speakers done here at ccr from Marilyn and am loving them. almost had to learn how to ride the lt again, it kept spitting and sputtering and realized that I was rev limiting out with it cause I couldnt hear the bike anymore, but I am getting better at it today. So I may not use the bluetooth on the bike. I use it most elsewhere though.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in