BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

BMW on the Food Network

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  rixchard 
#1 ·
#3 ·
BUGKILLER said:
Jeff, you find the best stuff on the web. Thanks for the post.
Since I discovered the power of RSS feeds, I've got a bunch of motorcycle-related sites that just dump interesting tidbit after another into my inbox every day.

#5 ·
Jeff, we have been talking about this show for a couple of weeks. Search "Feasting on Asphalt" here.

#6 ·
I watched it last night since I am a fan of his other show, "Good Eats". There were some really good shots of his Beemer but even better, the food.

#7 ·
ibbones said:
I watched it last night since I am a fan of his other show, "Good Eats". There were some really good shots of his Beemer but even better, the food.
Yeah, food did look good! Well, except for the pickled pigs foot....

PS - Bones, your avantar is giving me flashbacks...;)

#9 ·
that show was great
i'll be looking forward to the next 3 episodes

alton brown is an acquired taste....
but, i have always loved this guy

we are going on a car trip with the wife and daughter in 10 days...
i've already marked...
The Biscuit Place and Shirley's Soul Food.... on my GPS
we'll be checking them out

#12 ·
messenger13 said:
Dag! That makes two clueless guys on our forum! :D A little behind fellas?
I saw that thread middle of the month. David posted a link to the original thread. It still comes up as an error message on a white screen from my computer. The one Jeff posted loads to a good link. It was news to me. I'll try and keep up. I don't remember if I went to school on the short bus.I'll call Mom and check. :D

#13 ·
I did and...

rixchard said:
So who else noticed the Bmw logos on the bikes were greyed out?
Alton Brown is native here to Atlanta, although I am sure he has a hectic schedule with the food network, I have been lucky enought to actually see him a couple of time at one of our local dealers and talk to him a bit. He rides an RT on the show but his bike is a GS. He loves it. Very cool guy, I have spoken to him at the dealer one time and up on the top of Blood Mountain at the trading post on 129.

If I see him again I will see if the oppurtinuty shows itself and I am going to ask him about the gray out symbols. BMW NA is weird about that stuff I would be all over that show displaying my bikes, apparell Nav everything.

You know there are people that would take a trip to a dealer just to see the stuff they saw on the show...

Oh well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.