my steel angled front valve stem pics - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 8:53 pm Thread Starter

my steel angled front valve stem pics

a while back i posted a part number for angled valve stems so far to date i have had no problems and am on my second set of tires with them, here is how the front one is mounted, I can;t find the pic of the darn part number right now but it was in a previous post of mine along with pics of the rear tire

here's the pics of the front

http://www.bikershut.net/mc/vstem_f1.jpg
http://www.bikershut.net/mc/vstem_f2.jpg

Oh i take no responsibility in people having good or bad luck with any modification to your motorcycle
so do it at your own risks (good enough disclaimer?)

and BTW I REALLY love my external air and fuel filters! that tank ain't been off in a while now!!! WOOO HOOOO

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 9:10 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Tom, how about a pic of the "external" air filter? I'm trying to picture that.. did you install a filter over the intake tube? Did it improve your performance, if so, how?

Thanks!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 10:00 pm
Lifetime Supporter

The part # on the stem I have is MC945< from M C enterprises. The Tucker Rocky or Parts Unlimited part # is 596945. I can not remember which one I got them from.

Jim Davidson
2007 R1200RT

post #4 of 5 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 10:22 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
Tom, how about a pic of the "external" air filter? I'm trying to picture that.. did you install a filter over the intake tube? Did it improve your performance, if so, how?

Thanks!

I removed the air instake muffler and installed a slip over aftermarket filter there, everything is still packed cause Iwas looking for the package it came in

special order from K&n or shoot what did i put on it again foirget the dang name of it, anyhow it was a 2" inch opening had to grind the little tab off that lined the air intake muffler up so the seal would fit it good, I also sealed up tall the air inlet tubes to the air box under the tank I left a clean K&n filter in the box after all that thing was like 60 bucks

I noticed better gas mileage, but it was not becuase of the air filter, it was everything i had done at the same time, I noticed absoltuly no loss or gain in power I did not Dyno the bike before or after.

I think i had posted pics on this site before but darned if I can remember the thread, and would bet hte pics are on my dead laptop, but I will dig around some and see wht I find

heck maybe oh wait lets see if they are in my hella de mount pics

checking...........

darn this is the only pic that show it at all behing the brackets I made for the ballast that is the outer faom cover for the element that is red

http://www.bikershut.net/lights/ballastmount_3.jpg

Tom

post #5 of 5 Old Jul 26th, 2006, 10:24 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp1bmw
The part # on the stem I have is MC945< from M C enterprises. The Tucker Rocky or Parts Unlimited part # is 596945. I can not remember which one I got them from.

there is a pic of the package I used in a post of mine somplace here, I will search it out

ahh ha
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...led+valve+stem

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in