New Ghetto Mod? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Jul 19th, 2006, 3:44 pm Thread Starter

New Ghetto Mod?

So, I'm riding along early this ayem, down Farm to Market Road 1863, which is a two lane country road with lots and lots of curves. The speed limit is 55, safe to do 65 in la trucka and 80 is easy on the bike. I've been running that road for over 30 years and know it like the back of my hand.

It's 5:30 in the morn, I'm doing about 60 when this butthair in a pickup comes up behind me with his brights on and rides my ass.

Like I said, 80 is easy, but it's dark, the hill country and horned rats are prevelant as fleas on a mongrel. His brights are killing my night vision from my mirrors, there's no place for him to pass, so I threw caution to the wind and left him (I assume it was a him).

Whilst playing this game, I thought of going to a junk yard and buying a windshield cleaner pump and nozzles. Install the nozzles on the back of the bike, drill a hole in the cap of a can of DOT 3, place hose and install a micro switch to operate that puppy. Ghetto mod indeed!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Jul 19th, 2006, 8:13 pm

ghetto mod

I would buy one...but can we get it mounted in the side bags...I want to suirt em as I pass em!

Ron
post #3 of 16 Old Jul 19th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
So, I'm riding along early this ayem, down Farm to Market Road 1863, which is a two lane country road with lots and lots of curves. The speed limit is 55, safe to do 65 in la trucka and 80 is easy on the bike. I've been running that road for over 30 years and know it like the back of my hand.

It's 5:30 in the morn, I'm doing about 60 when this butthair in a pickup comes up behind me with his brights on and rides my ass.

Like I said, 80 is easy, but it's dark, the hill country and horned rats are prevelant as fleas on a mongrel. His brights are killing my night vision from my mirrors, there's no place for him to pass, so I threw caution to the wind and left him (I assume it was a him).

Whilst playing this game, I thought of going to a junk yard and buying a windshield cleaner pump and nozzles. Install the nozzles on the back of the bike, drill a hole in the cap of a can of DOT 3, place hose and install a micro switch to operate that puppy. Ghetto mod indeed!
Make me one after you finish Ron's!!!

Hey, howzbout loading up one of them misters, like Sandar uses, with DOT 3 and tie the spritzer end to the luggage rack; the bottle up under your packin' luggage. A leetle knee squeeze oughta do ya - stealth mode. Gotta worry 'bout backdraft at 60+ tho!!

post #4 of 16 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 9:48 am

And I thought the jerks just followed me. I guess they are everywhere.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #5 of 16 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 11:10 am

I'm missing something here?
why dot 3?

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #6 of 16 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 11:23 am

......it eats paint??

Patterson/USAF1....'05 LT
and the little guy behind me is the world famous "Marty Hill"
Never look into a lazer with the remaining eye
363K on BMW's
post #7 of 16 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 11:32 am

Make mine with coyote urine instead - once it gets into the fresh air intake plumbing for the cabin he'll never, ever get a date again. Even with his own wife!

Now Grif - go catch us a coyote and get him to pee in a cup!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #8 of 16 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 11:43 am

I've never had anyone tailgate me while I was riding. But if it was to ever happen, I would hope that I'd do what I expect the cagers to do...

PULL OVER AND LET THEM PASS!!!

Grif...who are you, and what did you do with our Grifster?
post #9 of 16 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:00 pm

I always thought a pound or so of jagged quartz pebbles released from behind the license plate would be a good "back-off" message. Of course, if the car is a beater then the driver doesn't care.

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge
post #10 of 16 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:59 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I've never had anyone tailgate me while I was riding. But if it was to ever happen, I would hope that I'd do what I expect the cagers to do...

PULL OVER AND LET THEM PASS!!!

Grif...who are you, and what did you do with our Grifster?
Oh, I have no problems with pulling over to let someone pass. No improved shoulder, just two lanes and I feared if I slowed down to turn out I'd get plowed over. It might've been an elderly gent who couldn't see well at night, or someone coming home from a pah-tay.... or just a butthair who didn't give a flip.

Whatever, why chance it? Run away to run another day seemed like the best thang at the time.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #11 of 16 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 1:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Oh, I have no problems with pulling over to let someone pass. No improved shoulder, just two lanes and I feared if I slowed down to turn out I'd get plowed over. It might've been an elderly gent who couldn't see well at night, or someone coming home from a pah-tay.... or just a butthair who didn't give a flip.

Whatever, why chance it? Run away to run another day seemed like the best thang at the time.
Not being near as good a rider as you, I'm not sure what I'd do. I have heard of some who have quickly pulled into the oncoming lane, jammed the brakes, let the tail gator blow by, then duck in behind. I'm not sure how smart that is, but after reading about the guy on ADV who traded his GS for a wheel chair, it sure is a concern. Being passive-aggressive with marbles or nuts or some other substance could back fire on you, I think. But perhaps that's just me.

Blessings!
munson+

The Rev. John Munson
Vicar,
, Burkburnett, Texas
Vicar,
, Wichita Falls, Texas
2007 R1200RT "REV ZM"
IRON BUTT ASSOC. #37813
See my video:
post #12 of 16 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 4:10 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by munson
Being passive-aggressive with marbles or nuts or some other substance could back fire on you, I think. But perhaps that's just me.
My thoughts eggsackree. Why fool around? If you're gonna throw something, make it hot lead

-=grif=-

Grok
post #13 of 16 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Back in the old days

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDragon
Like a I said, it was long time ago when I wasn't thinking clearly as evidenced by riding a 67 FLH
True story.
Sunday morning heading north on US 19 (3-4 lanes each direction and lots of stoplights) going to a Chistmass related toy run on my old 66FLH,
watching my mirrors I see this moron switching lanes 3-4-5 times trying to get ahead of everybody just to end up next to them at the next red light.
Eventually he catches up with me and as expected cuts me off and of course ends up next to me at the red light.
Where I used my favorite line (back then)
Hey, are you always an @sshole or just when you drive?
The light changes, we pull away as he's yelling out his window:
F... you, I'll blow you away!!
He's so focused on me he doesn't see the cars in front of him are stopped and smashes right into the back of one causing a chain reaction.
I let out a whoop, YEAH and ride away.
I look in my mirrors and here he comes, fast, I move over a couple of lanes and put a couple of cars between us because I don't know how crazy this s.o.b is and he blasts right by me,
he's not interested in me anymore,
he's doing a hit and run,
and now I'm chasing him,
until I get his tag number and made a phone call.

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer

post #14 of 16 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 7:25 pm

Have you repented since? You know? For provoking such anger out of one of God's children?!
post #15 of 16 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 9:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Have you repented since? You know? For provoking such anger out of one of God's children?!
Well now Joe,
I am a different person now than I was then
but as for the other guy
my guess is that he still belongs to "the other side"

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer

post #16 of 16 Old Jul 21st, 2006, 5:59 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I heard that you could go down to a bearing supply store and buy 1/2-3/4 inch diameter ball bearings by the pound. About a pound fits nicely in a leather marble bag. Tied to the triple tree it automatically detatches and spills it's contents to the pavement when needed... and they bounce high.

I was thinking about Grif's idee.. I wonder if you could mount one of those CO2 paintball guns where someone puts their tool pouch? I bet someone could farkle a button to fire a solenoid... ah, it sure is fun to dreammm.....hmmmm... hey, ARI!!!! we got another one for you to build!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in