New Tires - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 12th, 2006, 3:08 pm Thread Starter

New Tires

Just recieved my new set of Metz fro AMT, the rear tire has B17 like I ordered but the front has R17 on it. Does that mean radial?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 12th, 2006, 3:56 pm

B= Bias
R= Radial

Will make a difference IMO

F
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 12th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_E
Just recieved my new set of Metz fro AMT, the rear tire has B17 like I ordered but the front has R17 on it. Does that mean radial?
Wrong front tire. Metzeler makes a radial front 880 in the same size, and it is load rated OK for the LT, but you should send that one back and have them ship you the correct tire, hopefully right away and not wait for the returned tire.

Too bad Metzeler never produced a matching radial in the size and rating needed for the rear of the LT.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 5 Old Jul 13th, 2006, 12:43 pm Thread Starter

Contacted AMT about the wrong tire, this was their reply, can't beat that for good service. "Hello,
Thank you for your order. We appologize for the mis-shipment on the front tire on your order. A call tag has been issued in which a delivery driver will stop by your location starting tomorrow, July 13th, to pick the tire up from your location. The driver will have a pre-printed shipping label to affix to the tire and ship it back to our warehouse. Please leave the front tire on your front door/porch area to be picked up. The driver will make three pick up attempts on three consective days to pick the tire up. We have shipped the correct tire to your location on expedited shipping. You shall recieve it within 1-2 business days. We appologize for the inconvenience. Please respond if you have any further questions. Thank you."
post #5 of 5 Old Jul 14th, 2006, 4:31 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Good to hear they took care of you. Mistakes do happen but it's how they are dealt with that matters. Thanks for the update.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in