Recognition - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jul 11th, 2006, 8:45 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Recognition

I realized today that I have sourced a fair share of information off this forum since signing on a little over two years ago. Everybody has to "pay their dues" at some point in their life so I took the steps a few minutes ago to do just that. If providing a small contribution helps to keep the LT forum intact and healthy then it is a small price to pay to maintain its existence.

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jul 11th, 2006, 11:48 pm

Smile

Way to go Perry! It really is something that we all can afford, and it is way cheaper than the Dealers would charge for half what we get from our own here.

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old Jul 12th, 2006, 6:34 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by oknplm
I realized today that I have sourced a fair share of information off this forum since signing on a little over two years ago. Everybody has to "pay their dues" at some point in their life so I took the steps a few minutes ago to do just that. If providing a small contribution helps to keep the LT forum intact and healthy then it is a small price to pay to maintain its existence.
And for those of you that would like to help out and don't know how: Click Here.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."

post #4 of 8 Old Jul 12th, 2006, 8:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
And for those of you that would like to help out and don't know how: Click Here.
Paid my dues yesterday. This site was a big factor in my purchase of the LT.

"Lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it's been." Jerry Garcia
post #5 of 8 Old Jul 14th, 2006, 9:52 pm

All,
Thank you Perry (oknplm) for your post. It pointed out to me that as a new member I should also pay my own freight, so today I purchased my subscription. Also from another thread I realized that I was a little remiss in introducing myself, having only chimed in on a few threads.

My name is Sandy and two years ago after a 28 year break from riding I purchased a used BMW R1100R. My wife and I took the MSF basic riders course and afterwards she figured out she couldn't ride her bike in traffic. So now we need a bigger bike to ride 2-up and will need to save up for a while to make that a reality. I joined this forum after lurking around a few months, deciding I like the tone here a lot better than most other bike forums I was checking out. It didn't hurt that I've loved BMW's since my first ride on one while in high school in Germany in 1971.

Anyway, Greeting from Anchorage Alaska

Sandy
Temporary tourist in the lower 48 states

Last edited by Mr_Sandman; Jul 14th, 2006 at 9:55 pm. Reason: correction
post #6 of 8 Old Jul 14th, 2006, 10:54 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Sandman
All,
Thank you Perry (oknplm) for your post. It pointed out to me that as a new member I should also pay my own freight, so today I purchased my subscription. Also from another thread I realized that I was a little remiss in introducing myself, having only chimed in on a few threads.

My name is Sandy and two years ago after a 28 year break from riding I purchased a used BMW R1100R. My wife and I took the MSF basic riders course and afterwards she figured out she couldn't ride her bike in traffic. So now we need a bigger bike to ride 2-up and will need to save up for a while to make that a reality. I joined this forum after lurking around a few months, deciding I like the tone here a lot better than most other bike forums I was checking out. It didn't hurt that I've loved BMW's since my first ride on one while in high school in Germany in 1971.

Anyway, Greeting from Anchorage Alaska
Welcome aboard. We have good friends that live in Barrow, Alaska who will soon be retiring in Anchorage. Been to Alaska many times over the years and it is full of great memories. I have flown out of Homer for remote drop-offs to fish the silver run, hunted Caribou above the Brooks Range in the early fall and even been to the more remote west coast of Alaska for artic grayling fishing trips. What a great state you live in.

May we never find the end of the road! (I don't think this line fits for Alaska)

Perry Ridgway

oknplm
post #7 of 8 Old Jul 14th, 2006, 11:36 pm

Quote:
We have good friends that live in Barrow, Alaska who will soon be retiring in Anchorage. Been to Alaska many times over the years and it is full of great memories. I have flown out of Homer for remote drop-offs to fish the silver run, hunted Caribou above the Brooks Range in the early fall and even been to the more remote west coast of Alaska for artic grayling fishing trips. What a great state you live in.

May we never find the end of the road! (I don't think this line fits for Alaska)

Perry Ridgway

oknplm
I've been here since 1976 but you've "been out and about" more than me. Most of my travels are to the "Lower 48" to visit family,especially since the grandbaby showed up (she and her mom are here now for a month). I hope your friend from Barrow has lived here before, Los Anchorage gets a little urban sometimes but like they say, Alaska is only five minutes away. The end of the road os only a place to turn around and do it again only better. Beside the view always changes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4260004a.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	5131   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6040037a.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	5132  

Sandy
Temporary tourist in the lower 48 states
post #8 of 8 Old Jul 15th, 2006, 12:02 am

Quote:

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm
Thanks for the reminder, signed up today, the wisdom on this site has already saved me quite a bit of $$, I thank all of you for sharing your BMW knowledge.
Sonny

Sonny

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in