anyone heard of this battery or use it? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Apr 10th, 2006, 10:15 pm Thread Starter

Question anyone heard of this battery or use it?

I saw it on ebay and then looked it up on their website. It's time for a new battery on my '03 and I used a pc680 odyssey as a replacement for my old '98 k1200rs without problems. I was just wondering if anyone uses this battery or knows if anyone does. Below is their home page and below that is their listing on ebay:
http://www.gruberpower.com/purchase/...atalogID=10001
======
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Apr 11th, 2006, 9:05 am

Great Battery !

you can't go wrong with the PC680...

Jim Lawson 2016 R1200RT
Retired to NC !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old Apr 11th, 2006, 9:06 am

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dembones
I saw it on ebay and then looked it up on their website. It's time for a new battery on my '03 and I used a pc680 odyssey as a replacement for my old '98 k1200rs without problems. I was just wondering if anyone uses this battery or knows if anyone does. Below is their home page and below that is their listing on ebay:
http://www.gruberpower.com/purchase/...atalogID=10001
======
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
They sure are cheap enough.
Go read the deceptive advertising on their eBay site. They can't even spell
Motorcycle. I think he is trying to cash-in on the Odyssey popularity. Me? I'll stick with my Panasonic LC-X1220P batteries. $44.68 with free shipping from digikey.com

Mick

Mick
Tucson
"Old and Slow" Sorta

Last edited by bmwmick; Apr 11th, 2006 at 9:22 am.

post #4 of 6 Old Apr 11th, 2006, 2:17 pm

The Odyssey is a great replacement battery for your '03, but "Odyssey Style", especially at that price, I'm not so sure about and I'd be wary of it. Of course, if you get hosed you're not out all that much.

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee
post #5 of 6 Old Apr 11th, 2006, 2:20 pm

Smile Anyone heard of this batttery or use it?

I purchased this battery from Gruber in Phoenix 7/30/04 for $36.95. I picked it up at their "will call" station. It is a PC680 clone, AGM technology battery that is the same dimentions as the original battery. I have not yet installed it because my original 2002 battery is still hanging in. I am keeping it (the Gruber) charged using a battery tender about once a month. I carry it along when I trailer the bike just in case I need it. I purchased the "Easy-Mount" battery adapter kit from Dallas to use as the installation aid - no need to bend the pos terminal clip. I figured for that price and no shipping, why not give it a try. I'v been using it to run my TV through an inverter while dry camping in the motorhome. It's available if I need it for the K1200LT. Reason I bought it was due to the worry of frying the starter trying to start with a low battery . First indication that the old battery is losing power, in goes the Gruber. I must admit that I have not given it a good test in the LT. I believe I can purchase three of these for the price of one PC680.
Gruber Technical Inc
21438 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85024
Telephone: 602/863-265
58-UNI-UB22-12N Universal Battery 12V 22AH Sealed AGM
post #6 of 6 Old Apr 12th, 2006, 10:33 pm Thread Starter

Smile Ended up with what I know and thanks for all the help

Well, I ordered an Odyssey today. My father always used to tell me, "son you should stick with what you know, of course if what you know works". So I wanted to thank everyone for their input. I've been off the board for a while and it's nice to know that it's here for all the help of the mechanically challenged like myself!
Thanks again,
David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in