Battery - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Feb 7th, 2006, 9:34 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Battery

My 2nd battery has finally crapped out. Can some one suggest the best, most dependable replacement, and where to get it?

Gene DeSantis
Brookville,NY11545

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1999K1200LT
1976 R75
1992 Honda Helix
1964 Honda 90
1970 Rupp Roadster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Feb 7th, 2006, 9:43 am

westco batteries are good
post #3 of 13 Old Feb 7th, 2006, 9:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargene
My 2nd battery has finally crapped out. Can some one suggest the best, most dependable replacement, and where to get it?
Howdy, Gene - try http://www.batterymart.com. Thats where I got my Odyssey PC680 battery. It's a popular battery replacement for the OEM batteries on the older model LTs. Can be shipped, cuz it's not lead/acid, and usually comes already charged to a degree. Might wanna meter it first, tho. Good luck, Gene.

post #4 of 13 Old Feb 7th, 2006, 9:51 am

My 2000 LT is still on the original, 5 1/2 year old, battery. I'm thinking about a replacement just so I'm not stranded. I think I'll try the Odyssey battery this time. I've seen them on Ebay for about $78 delivered.

I wish BMW still sold the lead acid battery. I always got at least 5-6 years from them.
post #5 of 13 Old Feb 7th, 2006, 9:55 am

Hey, Gene -
Many on this site use the Odessey with great success. Personally, I have had good success with WestCo, but not on the LT yet. Check the archives for specific posts. I'm still running the OEM battery in my 02. The bike is on a Battery Tender whenever it will sit for more than a few days. Care to share more details on your battery's use/life?

By the way, great luggage! Ours gets used occasionally even when the LT isn't going along, especially the trunk and top bags.

Jim Taylor
Minneapolis
07 Black LT "Dancing Heart", 03 Quantum "Ice"
02 Black LTC "Raven" (RIP 8/26/06)
08 Can-Am Spyder (hers) (#731)
post #6 of 13 Old Feb 7th, 2006, 10:44 am
Gold Supporter

Gene,

Just bought a PC680 off of eBay.

Thanks,
Shawn

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
'03 K1200LT Titan Silver "Big Iron"
BMWMOA #118204
post #7 of 13 Old Feb 7th, 2006, 11:13 am Thread Starter

Battery

I haven't posted in ages and I had forgotten what a great bunch of people use this site. I have an Odyssey PC680 ordered and on the way, and I thank all that responded so quickly!

Gene DeSantis
Brookville,NY11545

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1999K1200LT
1976 R75
1992 Honda Helix
1964 Honda 90
1970 Rupp Roadster
post #8 of 13 Old Feb 7th, 2006, 11:23 am

Hey, Gene - ya oughta gitcher self down to Braselton, GA in August for the Curve Cowboy Reunion and meet some of us great bunch of people!!

You'll be amazed when folks arrive and open up panniers and you see all them Beemerbags come out!! Thanks for doing 'em - love mine. And truly hope you can attend a CCR sometime, and bank some wonderful memories forever. Take care.
post #9 of 13 Old Feb 10th, 2006, 12:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain
My 2000 LT is still on the original, 5 1/2 year old, battery. I'm thinking about a replacement just so I'm not stranded. I think I'll try the Odyssey battery this time. I've seen them on Ebay for about $78 delivered.

I wish BMW still sold the lead acid battery. I always got at least 5-6 years from them.
BMW just began selling the flooded lead/acid batteries again. Part Number
61 21 0 403 224 in 12V 19AH size, MSRP $84.50.

I've used Panasonic LC-X1220P batteries (AGM) for years (9) and only had one failure (failed to hold a charge after 2 years). Westco used to relabel this battery and sell it for $92 but they only cost $44.68 with free shipping at DigiKey.com Lately, Westco has been relabeling a cheaper battery (BB Battery) and selling it at the same price.
I have 3 Panasonics and change them every 4 years just because I don't like problems on the road.

Mick

Mick
Tucson
"Old and Slow" Sorta

Last edited by bmwmick; Feb 10th, 2006 at 12:35 pm.
post #10 of 13 Old Feb 10th, 2006, 7:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmick
BMW just began selling the flooded lead/acid batteries again. Part Number
61 21 0 403 224 in 12V 19AH size, MSRP $84.50.

I've used Panasonic LC-X1220P batteries (AGM) for years (9) and only had one failure (failed to hold a charge after 2 years). Westco used to relabel this battery and sell it for $92 but they only cost $44.68 with free shipping at DigiKey.com Lately, Westco has been relabeling a cheaper battery (BB Battery) and selling it at the same price.
I have 3 Panasonics and change them every 4 years just because I don't like problems on the road.

Mick
That is an excellent price on a very high quality battery - especially delivered to your door! I am sure it is as good as the Odyssey, and at last check about $20.00 cheaper than the best price I have found lately...

Here's the link: http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T061/SectK.pdf

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #11 of 13 Old Feb 13th, 2006, 4:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
That is an excellent price on a very high quality battery - especially delivered to your door! I am sure it is as good as the Odyssey, and at last check about $20.00 cheaper than the best price I have found lately...

Here's the link: http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T061/SectK.pdf
Ron,
It's the same battery that WestCo has been relabeling for many years and selling it for $92 with a 2 year warranty. For a more direct link, go here:
http://digikey.com/ and type in LC-X1220P.
It's important to print the order form: http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T061/order.pdf
and mail the amount in a personal check to the address on the order form. That way there is no problem with shipping costs. Some folks have ordered mutiple batteries and had to pay a shipping charge. In my experience (6 batteries) I have never had to pay for shipping.

Mick

We missed you in Bisbee Sunday.

Mick
Tucson
"Old and Slow" Sorta
post #12 of 13 Old Feb 16th, 2006, 9:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmick
Ron,
It's the same battery that WestCo has been relabeling for many years and selling it for $92 with a 2 year warranty. For a more direct link, go here:
http://digikey.com/ and type in LC-X1220P.
It's important to print the order form: http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T061/order.pdf
and mail the amount in a personal check to the address on the order form. That way there is no problem with shipping costs. Some folks have ordered mutiple batteries and had to pay a shipping charge. In my experience (6 batteries) I have never had to pay for shipping.

Mick

We missed you in Bisbee Sunday.
Cool, I need a couple for my other scoots 'cause I'm getting ready to sell some of them and have been eyeballing a new Dakar 650.

I got kinda burned out going to the same old haunts over and over again so have not been too active lately - not that I didn't like the company!

I think I'll suggest to Daryl that we range a little farther - like Safford, Globe, Douglas or Ajo...

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #13 of 13 Old Feb 16th, 2006, 5:26 pm

My battery just gave up this week. Three years eleven months on the original and it has NEVER been on a charger. I looked around and found this one. Good price and no shipping cost.

http://www.motorcyclebatteriesusa.co...sp?battery=953

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of the car window
Stephen Moore
02 K1200LTC Silver
02 Uni-go (skittles reborn)
1975 R75/6 Black Still running strong
BMWMOA# 122791
AMA# 711312
CCR 02,03,04,05,07,08,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in