Kisan CharGuard temperature - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 1:42 pm Thread Starter

Kisan CharGuard temperature

Does anyone have this and if so how accurate is the temperature. I have been putting up with this being 10 degrees off all summer and now it flashes the ICE warning when it is ten degrees from freezing. Talked with the tech at Kisan and he explained how to set the pot to get it corrected and I got it all set up and thought I had it and two days later and it is 6 degrees off again. I am tempted to purchase another sending unit from Kisan but wanted to know if anyone had a good one before I went through the expense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 1:51 pm

I've also got one. It varies from the bike readings but I can't find a pattern to the difference. Perhaps it is a bit more sensitive to micro climates. I'm interested in what you learned about setting it.

Edgar Tanner
2009 Piaggio MP3 500
2003 Titan Silver LTC (Angel-returned to the heavens)
2000 Basalt LTC (Down for the count)
Kansas City, MO 64153
post #3 of 3 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 4:08 pm Thread Starter

I learned that the pot is very small and VERY sensitive. I got out my fluke temp probe and started adjusting a little at a time until I had it within 1 degree and watched it for a couple of hours and it seamed to be stable put a drop of rtv on the pot and let it setup over night still seamed to be about 1-2 degrees put the cover back on and the next day seamed to be within 1-3 degrees of temp then checked it yesterday and it was 7-8 degrees off. So today I called Andy at Kisan and he said send it in and they would recalibrate it or replace it so that is where it is headed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in